Our recommendation: Springboro voters should say 'yes' the first time to school levies

Feb 5, 2008 Full story: Dayton Daily News 31,555

Recommended local sites More... UD sports info, pictures and discussions Are you a UD sports fan? Whether you like basketball, volleyball, soccer, men's or women's teams -- Doesn't matter -- this site is for ... via Dayton Daily News

Full Story
Running scared

Youngstown, OH

#25266 Jun 18, 2013
Struck a nerve didn't I. What about all of the secret meetings taking place in certain board members basements, private golf outings with Fathers of athletes, just wait, it is all coming out. The community is coming together and is finally going to prevail. Bye, Bye, Bye...
Well Duh

Piqua, OH

#25267 Jun 18, 2013
Running scared wrote:
Struck a nerve didn't I. What about all of the secret meetings taking place in certain board members basements, private golf outings with Fathers of athletes, just wait, it is all coming out. The community is coming together and is finally going to prevail. Bye, Bye, Bye...
lol.... why wait... why not tell ALL .... "What about all the secret meetings taking place in certain board members basement...?"
Are you the "community" that has prevailed and is now in the inner circle of secrecy?
Obviously they aren't so secret IF you know about the "secret meetings." Which of the "secret union codes" are being violated by the "secret meetings taking place?"
And those "private golf outings" aren't private anymore, since obviously they are known by "You and the Community" since you are now trying to spread your paranoia and false accusations trying to control the free choice of private citizens "visiting together in private homes" and "golfing with Dads and athletes" ...?
Sounds like the good life of those living happily outside the restrictions and intimidations of those inside the union tent.
Does Sarah J. and Becky V. know about this private business of Springboro citizens? Probably time for the SEA maney-acts to stalk about town a bit (maybe flash some car headlights outside those basement windows or call for a union-community-wide traffic congestion throughout the neighborhoods)where these violations of union codes appear to be secretly running rampant!
Silly Season of Politics

Piqua, OH

#25268 Jun 18, 2013
Running scared wrote:
How silly you are running scared!

You comment "struck a nerve didn't I" reminds us of the little kid bringing teacher plastic vomit, and then expecting to be rewarded for having "struck a nerve....!" Grow up!
Bye bye board members

Youngstown, OH

#25269 Jun 18, 2013
It will all be coming out. Just wait. Please have board members explain why they are meeting in basements with parents of any sport prior to the non renewal of any coaches contract. Along with a board member bulldog who should not be privileged to this information. I am so looking forward to November. Bye, bye, bye...
doubtit

Girard, OH

#25270 Jun 18, 2013
Quiet Teacher wrote:
Although I would love to comment on the recent teacher complaint, I will not.
As a Boro HS teacher with more than 15 years of experience, I fully support the School Board and in private, most of the teachers do as well.
A few teachers are attempting to hijack the District for selfish economic gain. We do not need another levy.
I will betcha a dozen donuts you are not a teacher in this school district. Nice try though.
doubtit

Girard, OH

#25271 Jun 18, 2013
why would they need or want revenge?
No Way wrote:
<quoted text>
No Way to do Boro wrong the Right way, my friend.
And Springboro Parent Tammy Grigsby and former Springboro School Superintendent Gene Lolli are doing our Boro students wrong with their continuing vote for revenge against our school district taxpayers, costing taxpayers money that should be used for our children's future classroom education!
Springboro School District Voters generously support our school administrators, teachers, and all school employees, and ALL members of the school community should join with our community as a whole, working together, to ensure a quality education for our school children while living within our financial means. And what does Tammy Grigsby and Gene Lolli offer in return? Nothing but mean-spirited greed and need for revenge -- biting the very hands of their neighbors and Springboro taxpayers who so generously reach out to our schools, doing what's right for children's future.
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#25273 Jun 19, 2013
Lurker wrote:
Read court case. If even half the allegations are true, our board is in big trouble.
Where can we read the court case, the union hall bulletin board?

My humble guess would be that this case will sit around for harassment sake until November, when it will quietly disappear.

Allegations are anything a lawyer can dream up to write on paper, they do not have to be true, just presented.

I wonder who is paying for her attorneys?
sheep

Springboro, OH

#25274 Jun 19, 2013
Running scared wrote:
Yep, Just Watching would know all about those...he is usually in attendance. But no, those basements must be.....outside in the sunshine!

Like has been said before if you have to keep telling people you are transparent and open...you usually aren't.
Lurker

Englewood, OH

#25275 Jun 19, 2013
It is public record since it was filed in court. Maybe the board should post it in the Transparency Project.
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
My humble guess would be that this case will sit around for harassment sake until November, when it will quietly disappear.
Allegations are anything a lawyer can dream up to write on paper, they do not have to be true, just presented.
Duh

United States

#25276 Jun 19, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you wonder who is paying for her attorneys. There are over 300 attorneys out there willing to take on the case for a 40% cut.
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#25277 Jun 19, 2013
Lurker wrote:
It is public record since it was filed in court. Maybe the board should post it in the Transparency Project.
<quoted text>
Where did you read this public record? You made it sound as if you knew of which you spoke.

It is beginning to sound as though you know nothing of substance in regards to this issue.

Same old union hogwash, if you have no argument or can't defend your own points of interest start attacking in another direction.

That only works if you have a less than vigilant crowd you are pandering to with your words.
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#25278 Jun 19, 2013
sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
Yep, Just Watching would know all about those...he is usually in attendance. But no, those basements must be.....outside in the sunshine!
Like has been said before if you have to keep telling people you are transparent and open...you usually aren't.
Perhaps Lurker would care to enlighten us on the topics at hand that matter to the children of this district and their future.

I am fairly certain that I am permitted to engage in private conversations with my friends without notifying the media that I am doing so. As a private citizen I am unencumbered in my personal communications and may speak to whomever I please.

Please be so kind as to inform me if I am incorrect in that assessment.

Now, why don't we worry about the 2000 plus children in this district that are not getting the education the taxpayers already fund.

If you child received their OGT test results in June the following will allow you to interpret the results more accurately.

Once again PROFICIENT = FAILURE

http://education.ohio.gov/getattachment/Topic...

Using the same scale Mr. Malone utilized to access the college courses our children took through the PSEO when constructing their GPA's for class rankings

A......95%
B.......85%
C......75%
D......63%
F......Below 63%

SCORE RANGES FOR PERFORMANCE LEVELS
Table provides the raw and scaled scores associated with each of the ¬performance levels on each test for the March 2013 administration.
– Score ranges for all subjects and performance levels

Subject.......... Correct Answers....% of Correct Answers.... Scaled Score

READING
Advanced.......... 37.5 – 48.0..........78%-100%........ . 448 – 554
Accelerated.......... 30.5 – 37.0.......... 64%-77%......... 429 – 447
PROFICIENT.......... 19.5 – 30.0 ..........41%-63%......... 400 – 428
Basic.......... 13.5 -19.0.......... 28%-40%.........383 – 399
Limited.......... 0.0 – 13.0..........0%-27%.........2 61 – 382

MATHEMATICS
Advanced.......... 35.0 – 46.0 ..........76%-100%......... 444 – 553
Accelerated.......... 28.5 – 34.5 ..........62%-75%.........425 – 443
PROFICIENT.......... 19.0 – 28.0 ..........41%-61%.........400 – 424
Basic ..........14.0 – 18.5 ..........30%-40%.........384 – 399
Limited ..........0.0 – 13.5 ..........0%-29%.........254 – 383

WRITING
Advanced ..........41.5 – 48.0 ..........86%-100%.........476 – 579
Accelerated ..........34.0 – 41.0 ..........71%-85%.........430 – 475
PROFICIENT ..........25.5 – 33.5 ..........53%-70%.........400 – 429
Basic ..........18.5 – 25.0 ..........37%-52%.........378 – 399
Limited ..........0.0 – 17.0 ..........0%-36%......... 268 – 377

SCIENCE
Advanced ..........36.5 – 48.0 ..........76%-100%.........445 – 591
Accelerated ..........31.5 – 36.0 ..........61%-72%.........425 – 444
PROFICIENT ..........22.0 – 29.0 ..........46%-60%.........400 – 424
Basic ..........13.5 – 21.5 ..........28%-45%.........371 – 399
Limited ..........0.0 – 13.0 ..........0%-27%.........209 – 370

SOCIAL STUDIES
Advanced ..........36.5 – 48.0 ..........76%-100%.........446 – 579
Accelerated ..........32.0 – 36.0 ..........68%-75%.........429 – 445
PROFICIENT ..........21.5 – 31.5..........45%-67%......... 400 – 428
Basic ..........15.5 – 21.0 ..........32%-44%.........382 – 399
Limited ..........0.0 – 15.0 ..........0%-21%.........231 – 381
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#25279 Jun 19, 2013
Duh wrote:
<quoted text>
Really you wonder who is paying for her attorneys. There are over 300 attorneys out there willing to take on the case for a 40% cut.
They only take cases where they have a chance to make money. Attorney's generally speaking don't want contingency cases with payouts that are less than the costs of litigation. Depositions cost money; attorney prep time, deposition, court reporter's, transcript costs, analyzing the deposition material, etc.

Attorney's want the big hit, the most bang for their expended buck, because if they lose they get zilch and they eat their lost wages and lost expenses.

That is why losing cases drag on the longest, the attorneys are looking for money that allows them to wrap things up and reimburse their expenses. It does not matter if you are guilty or innocent, you still are forced to pay to defend.

The suing attorney knows this and so does the defending attorney, then it becomes an economical decision by the poor sap getting sued to pay the suing attorney something or spend more in litigation defending against made up nonsense.

It isn't like the legal world as seen on TV.
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#25280 Jun 19, 2013
Now back to the 2000 plus children who are not getting the education the taxpayers are funding.

OGT Results 2013, this is the bar the teachers and the union supporters were cheering about when Mr. Malone proudly declared he had 93% of his building stepping over these bars to become state defined PROFICIENT in all subjects.

I can see now why they were cheering Mr. Malone so loudly, this is indeed an impressive accomplishment.

Not everyone can recast abject FAILURE as success, in that Mr. Malone is quite special.

Reading

PROFICIENT.......... 19.5 – 30.0 ..........41%-63%......... 400 – 428

Mathematics

PROFICIENT.......... 19.0 – 28.0 ..........41%-61%.........400 – 424

Writing

PROFICIENT ..........25.5 – 33.5 ..........53%-70%.........400 – 429

Science

PROFICIENT ..........22.0 – 29.0 ..........46%-60%.........400 – 424

Social Studies

PROFICIENT ..........21.5 – 31.5..........45%-67%......... 400 – 428
Truth Be Told

Piqua, OH

#25281 Jun 19, 2013
LOL wrote:
Is it true that local news reports that Greedy Grigsby and her good old boy Lolli pop have launched another financial attack on our Springboro taxpayers?
Truth be told, this is just another SEA maney-act in the ongoing bully drama of the 2011 failed Babb for Boro school board campaign; and the failed attempt of the maney-acts in March 2012 protesting against Springboro taxpayers who elected our chldren first budgeting reform minded BOE majority representatives.
The SEA has been actively promoting their vote for revenge against Springboro taxpayers in their false hopes of reversing majority control of board members to elected officials who can be controlled by Mr. Maney and the SEA officials, just like it was before Dr. Kohls came on board in January 2010.
Who among our concerned parents and taxpaying homeowners in Springboro wants to move backward for "our children's future"
21st century quality classroom education?
Now the union lawyers (who have no concern for our children's best interest) have nothing but interest in power and control over our classroom curriculum and our school tax dollars; and to have that coveted power and control, it is essential that Mr. Maney gain back "good old boy" influence over the new SHS principal, that the union lost with Principal Ron's retirement.
It is obvious from public school board meetings that Mr. Maney had sent his choice of assistant principal, Mr. Renshaw, to the attention of school superintendent, Mr. Petrey; and then when an "outsider" was hired as high school principal, instead of promoting Mr. Renshaw, the union has now activitated their vote for revenge against Springboro taxpayers with renewed vengenance of Tammy Grigsby and Gene Lolli to "take out" conservative board members in the November school board election.
Thanks to the Transparency provided to school district voters by our new philosophy of children first, Springboro parents and taxpaying homeowners will not be deceived by the SEA maney-acts vote for revenge in November 2013.
Truth Be Told

Piqua, OH

#25282 Jun 19, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
They only take cases where they have a chance to make money. Attorney's generally speaking don't want contingency cases with payouts that are less than the costs of litigation. Depositions cost money; attorney prep time, deposition, court reporter's, transcript costs, analyzing the deposition material, etc.
Attorney's want the big hit, the most bang for their expended buck, because if they lose they get zilch and they eat their lost wages and lost expenses.
That is why losing cases drag on the longest, the attorneys are looking for money that allows them to wrap things up and reimburse their expenses. It does not matter if you are guilty or innocent, you still are forced to pay to defend.
The suing attorney knows this and so does the defending attorney, then it becomes an economical decision by the poor sap getting sued to pay the suing attorney something or spend more in litigation defending against made up nonsense.
It isn't like the legal world as seen on TV.
To the teachers union, education is all about money and power and who has control over school district taxpayers. It has taken Springboro taxpayers FIVE years, FIVE failed SEA requests for increased taxes, and TWO school board elections, for school district voters to gain control of our money for our children
first best interest.
Challenges are always just "problems that require critical thinking skills" of both sides of an issue, in order for our children's success in education to grow and thrive. It is obvious that under the leadership of former high school principal during the past thirteen years, that only the union's best interest was considered in every decision previous school district leaders made; And now that our new school district philosophy of making every decision in the best interest of our children's classroom education (including what's best for the Teacher) is unanimously approved, we are facing continued SEA Maney-Acts attacks on Springboro taxpayers, trying to reverse our BOE majority philosophy of children first, to the "status quo" of former Principal Ron's outdated leadership style, as expressed in Mr. Malone's words in Springboro Life, "There needs to be a re-emphasis on the value of the educator." Of course we all know that means returning to the spending of MORE tax dollars on increased wages and beneifts/compensation packages for "collective" school union employees, and spending less on priority needs of our student's individual academic success.
Don't be deceived by those among us rallying vote for revenge against our children first! Stay alert; stay informed; and stay Springboro strong. Vote for Success for our children first.
sheep

Springboro, OH

#25283 Jun 19, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Perhaps Lurker would care to enlighten us on the topics at hand that matter to the children of this district and their future.
I am fairly certain that I am permitted to engage in private conversations with my friends without notifying the media that I am doing so. As a private citizen I am unencumbered in my personal communications and may speak to whomever I please.
Please be so kind as to inform me if I am incorrect in that assessment.
You are absolutely correct that you can carry on any converation you want to as a private citizen....however, when there is a BOE member (or two) present at those meetings negotiating things that should be out "in the sunshine", as you always profess, that's what presents the problems.

Yet another deflection from Just Watching.
Boro Backer

Cincinnati, OH

#25284 Jun 19, 2013
Just Watching wrote:
<quoted text>
Where did you read this public record? You made it sound as if you knew of which you spoke.
It is beginning to sound as though you know nothing of substance in regards to this issue.
Same old union hogwash, if you have no argument or can't defend your own points of interest start attacking in another direction.
That only works if you have a less than vigilant crowd you are pandering to with your words.
There was a link to the case in the DDN article about the revised lawsuit. I guess Lurker did know of which he/she spoke. I think he/she is owed an apology. And here is the link should you care to read it for yourself.
http://media.cmgdigital.com/shared/news/docum...
Just Watching

Cleveland, OH

#25285 Jun 19, 2013
sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
You are absolutely correct that you can carry on any converation you want to as a private citizen....however, when there is a BOE member (or two) present at those meetings negotiating things that should be out "in the sunshine", as you always profess, that's what presents the problems.
I might be mistaken, but a private citizen can speak with whomever they wish, BOE members included.

Let me know if I am mistaken.
Boro Happy Taxpayers

Piqua, OH

#25286 Jun 19, 2013
sheep wrote:
<quoted text>
just give it up, sheep ... no pulling the wool over eyes wide open to your deceit! What's with all the gloom and doom on such a glorious summer morning in June!

Just where is it "written" in that union handbook of Rules for Radicals that a board member or two meeting with friends "presents THE problem?"

There is NO problem when Springboro citizens "outside the collective scrutiny of the union masters bully pulpit"
get together to have fun and ENJOY the Good Life....that we have earned for ourselves living, working, and learning in our SAFE and AFFORDABLE community of Successful Springboro!

Life IS Good! Join the Celebration!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Happy Kwanzaa! 4 hr The Hack Checker 1
Jerkwad Jabbar-shooting details emerge: 4 hr Net Nut 7
Bad experience at Miami Valley Hospital 5 hr talker43 1
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 13 hr Bently 19,568
Merry Christmas 14 hr Merry Christmas 1
Photos Wed Net Nut 1
Police: Teen shot dead by shopper wanted shoes Wed Net Nut 4
Centerville Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Centerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Centerville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Centerville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 1:46 pm PST

NBC Sports 1:46PM
Mike Pettine: Our first-round picks aren't busts
Bleacher Report 2:15 AM
Should New England Patriots Rest Key Starters in Week 17?
NBC Sports 6:16 AM
A.J. Green's injured arm "feeling a little better"
NFL 7:11 AM
Mike Pettine: Browns won't write off Manziel, Gilbert
Bleacher Report10:17 AM
Complete Week 17 Preview for Baltimore