Springboro Citizens are Stuck up and ...
toothsayer

Brook Park, OH

#21 Jan 27, 2011
here here wrote:
<quoted text>
Lifelong resident, I'm with you all the way!
We've been here only about a decade but I come from similar rural roots and I know exactly where you're coming from, figuratively and literally.
Potentially there's a little piece of heart & soul ripped out of a community the size of Springboro every time new earth gets turned over for land development planned IRRESPONSIBLY. Unfortunately the majority of it has been performed irresponsibly. And this is bad news for the future of our community, for our livlihood of our children and their children & grandchildren...if they should elect to remain here.
Do you really think these developers of Springboro gave any thought whatsoever to Springboro's kids and their collective future when they built homes approaching $1 million in trendy subdivisions with... NO SIDEWALKS...to connect potential peer to peer around the neighborhood?!? Hmmm, what's really funny is we scratch our heads and wonder why a lot of our kids are pale &/or obese , waste too much time staring at Facebook & can't handle social situations well, while all the time WE'RE the root cause of much of these type of problems becuase of the type of cushy, crappy world WE built around & FOR them!
Don't blame the developers, blame the city council, particularly the ones sitting on the PLANNING COMMITTEE. They never met a developer they could NO to.
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#22 Jan 27, 2011
toothsayer wrote:
<quoted text>
Don't blame the developers, blame the city council, particularly the ones sitting on the PLANNING COMMITTEE. They never met a developer they could NO to.
The sparkling new Austin Pike interchange: The commercial threshold to Springboro's successful future? Or will it become tommorow's row of empty boxes?
"here here" brings up a very good point. What will Springboro look like 15, 20, 30 years from now in terms of a place to raise a family? Sure, new business coming to town is always a good thing. But do we always have to turn over virgin soil when that happens? Does 'success' in this town equate to transforming much of SR73 SR 741 & SR 48 into the type of mess we call the SR 725 Dayton Mall strip? I sure hope folks around here can envision 'success' as something a little more important than block after block of cheesy stores, apartments & condos.
New construction around town is dead in the water now except for one offs like Franklin's relocated Catholic church. IMO lull economic times like this should be ideal for bumping heads and drawing up smarter land-use plans for the betterment of our collective futures.
Destruction

Springboro, OH

#23 Jan 28, 2011
eva destruction wrote:
<quoted text>
The sparkling new Austin Pike interchange: The commercial threshold to Springboro's successful future? Or will it become tommorow's row of empty boxes?
"here here" brings up a very good point. What will Springboro look like 15, 20, 30 years from now in terms of a place to raise a family? Sure, new business coming to town is always a good thing. But do we always have to turn over virgin soil when that happens? Does 'success' in this town equate to transforming much of SR73 SR 741 & SR 48 into the type of mess we call the SR 725 Dayton Mall strip? I sure hope folks around here can envision 'success' as something a little more important than block after block of cheesy stores, apartments & condos.
New construction around town is dead in the water now except for one offs like Franklin's relocated Catholic church. IMO lull economic times like this should be ideal for bumping heads and drawing up smarter land-use plans for the betterment of our collective futures.
Eva - Did they turn over virgin soil when they built your house?
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#24 Jan 29, 2011
Destruction wrote:
<quoted text>
Eva - Did they turn over virgin soil when they built your house?
Nope! We bought a used house out in the township about 12 years ago and it's in better shape than ever. Thanks for asking!
And thanks very much for helping to support the 2nd point of this thread's originator!
Used House

Cincinnati, OH

#25 Jan 30, 2011
eva destruction wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope! We bought a used house out in the township about 12 years ago and it's in better shape than ever. Thanks for asking!
And thanks very much for helping to support the 2nd point of this thread's originator!
Yes, you may purchase a "used house" - but did they use virgin land to build it originally?

And you live in the township? Typical of township residents to complain about things in the City - where they pay no taxes. That's not being stuck up - that is just reality.
good grief

Roundhead, OH

#26 Jan 30, 2011
Used House wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, you may purchase a "used house" - but did they use virgin land to build it originally?
And you live in the township? Typical of township residents to complain about things in the City - where they pay no taxes. That's not being stuck up - that is just reality.
We're not talking about township....talking about the stuck up clowns in settlers' walk, heatherwoode, brookside. all of these are in city limits. And their favorite bee hive is Dorothy Lane Market.

BTW..there are a few stuck up creatures on city council. And they DO think they are above it all.
LOL

United States

#27 Jan 31, 2011
You are so right, about Dorothy Lane Market.. HAHA
good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
We're not talking about township....talking about the stuck up clowns in settlers' walk, heatherwoode, brookside. all of these are in city limits. And their favorite bee hive is Dorothy Lane Market.
BTW..there are a few stuck up creatures on city council. And they DO think they are above it all.
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#28 Jan 31, 2011
Used House wrote:
<quoted text>
Even a moron would know that EVERY house was once built upon virgin soil. Sorry about your apparent sub-moron status.
We have no specific complaint about the city of Springboro itself. Just about the general sub par planning of new developments in this area both inside and outside city limits.
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#29 Jan 31, 2011
good grief wrote:
<quoted text>
Find the newest edition of Webster's dictionary & look up the word 'PRETENTIOUS'. In the polished margin to the left of this word you'll see a picture of Springboro's Dorothy Lane Market!
nevel

Springfield, OH

#30 Feb 5, 2011
eva destruction wrote:
<quoted text>
Find the newest edition of Webster's dictionary & look up the word 'PRETENTIOUS'. In the polished margin to the left of this word you'll see a picture of Springboro's Dorothy Lane Market!
Join a gym!
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#31 Feb 7, 2011
nevel wrote:
<quoted text>
Join a gym!
When I go to a grocery store, I do so because I need to shop for food or something, NOT to socialize.
If I were to join a gym, I'd do it for the right reason and that would be to exercise to keep in shape. But I don't need to join a gym because I keep myself in very good physical shape on my own and I don't live a gluttonous lifestyle eating a lot of sugars & processed foods with too much sodium & carbs.
Creeps male & female who habitually day in & day out use gyms & health clubs as 'meet markets' ought to be viewed in the eyes of the law the same as stalkers.
Super Eva

United States

#32 Feb 7, 2011
You act like you went to Springboro high school. Let others chose where they go and why. This is what this post is about. People like you that sit there and ponder why people go to the gyms too much. Some people enjoy working out everyday, and thats THEIR decision. Who are you to decide that these people are stalkers. That makes absolutely no sense.
Super Eva

United States

#33 Feb 7, 2011
eva destruction wrote:
<quoted text>
When I go to a grocery store, I do so because I need to shop for food or something, NOT to socialize.
If I were to join a gym, I'd do it for the right reason and that would be to exercise to keep in shape. But I don't need to join a gym because I keep myself in very good physical shape on my own and I don't live a gluttonous lifestyle eating a lot of sugars & processed foods with too much sodium & carbs.
Creeps male & female who habitually day in & day out use gyms & health clubs as 'meet markets' ought to be viewed in the eyes of the law the same as stalkers.
You act like you went to Springboro high school. Let others chose where they go and why. This is what this post is about. People like you that sit there and ponder why people go to the gyms too much. Some people enjoy working out everyday, and thats THEIR decision. Who are you to decide that these people are stalkers. That makes absolutely no sense.
eva destruction

Cincinnati, OH

#34 Feb 7, 2011
Super Eva wrote:
<quoted text>
Did I post ALL people that hang out at gyms/ health clubs are stalkers? No, I absolutely did not. But I've been around enough of those places in years past to almost be able to pick out with my eyes blindfolded the ones who're there for an honest work out vs the ones who're there to goof off or looking to pick up somebody....sometimes of either gender (gag!)
yada yada

Wagoner, OK

#35 Mar 6, 2011
The vast majority of Springboroan's who are rude, and lack the sense of community, are transplants from other cities who moved here because of the status, 20 years ago this was just a farm town booming with new construction when my parents moved me here. It was so great in the beginning, more revenue for the schools, better options for us as students, gorgeous christmas lights if you drove through Heatherwoode, friendly neighbors. When I graduated in the late 90's I was the poor kid living in Tamarack, driving a crappy car , but my mother taught me manners, respect, and a few others that I agree about 30% of this town lacks.

I'm sorry you couldn't meet someone more like us to base your opinions on.

But because I agree with you- I have to add this....
Maybe in the homeowner's association rulebook you can scratch out that you can't mow your grass with your shirt off, and add, you can't mow your grass with a attitude, cause a fat hairy man is still better looking then a uptight botoxed bitch with her nose so far up in the air she'd drown if it rained, but then we know she wouldn't know how to start the mower, much less how to get it out from behind her Hummer anyway.
Awake

United States

#36 Mar 6, 2011
Well we aren't stuck up anymore. We just lost our premo social spot when the Springs closed. Now we have to go to JD Legends to have a good time. Springboro is going downhill fast.
But on late summer afternoon it is still fun to watch the blonds with the top down on the BMW arrive at DLM but I don't go in.
Nope, been here too long and get my stuff at IGA because it is owned by the local Preston family. Before Coldstone, everybody went to The K or maybe the soda fountain at Ben Franklin. Still get my nuts and bolts from Springboro Hardware, owned the the local Miller family for years.
Yes this place has changed alot and not all for the better. Still there are some good things left from the old days. Yada is right there are still some good folks here with basic values.
long time resident

Dayton, OH

#37 Mar 6, 2011
Awake wrote:
Well we aren't stuck up anymore. We just lost our premo social spot when the Springs closed. Now we have to go to JD Legends to have a good time. Springboro is going downhill fast.
But on late summer afternoon it is still fun to watch the blonds with the top down on the BMW arrive at DLM but I don't go in.
Nope, been here too long and get my stuff at IGA because it is owned by the local Preston family. Before Coldstone, everybody went to The K or maybe the soda fountain at Ben Franklin. Still get my nuts and bolts from Springboro Hardware, owned the the local Miller family for years.
Yes this place has changed alot and not all for the better. Still there are some good things left from the old days. Yada is right there are still some good folks here with basic values.
Well, maybe not AS stuck up as before, but still enough to raise the hair on the back of my neck. I would prefer if the mostly snobbish people in heatherwoode, settlers walk, etc..etc get their sorry backsides out of town. Unknown to folks out of town, our streets are not paved with gold, just arrogance.
afraid for our future

Cincinnati, OH

#38 Mar 6, 2011
yada yada wrote:
The vast majority of Springboroan's who are rude, and lack the sense of community, are transplants from other cities who moved here because of the status, 20 years ago this was just a farm town booming with new construction when my parents moved me here. It was so great in the beginning, more revenue for the schools, better options for us as students, gorgeous christmas lights if you drove through Heatherwoode, friendly neighbors. When I graduated in the late 90's I was the poor kid living in Tamarack, driving a crappy car , but my mother taught me manners, respect, and a few others that I agree about 30% of this town lacks.
I'm sorry you couldn't meet someone more like us to base your opinions on.
But because I agree with you- I have to add this....
Maybe in the homeowner's association rulebook you can scratch out that you can't mow your grass with your shirt off, and add, you can't mow your grass with a attitude, cause a fat hairy man is still better looking then a uptight botoxed bitch with her nose so far up in the air she'd drown if it rained, but then we know she wouldn't know how to start the mower, much less how to get it out from behind her Hummer anyway.
You claim you graduated from SHS in the late 90's?
May I ask, why can't you communicate in complete sentences using proper English grammar?
topless and clueless

Cincinnati, OH

#39 Mar 6, 2011
Awake wrote:
But on late summer afternoon it is still fun to watch the blonds with the top down on the BMW
People who drive around with their convertible tops DOWN, while all 4 of their windows are tightly rolled UP.
Now, what's up with THAT?
lifelong resident

United States

#40 Mar 6, 2011
It saddens me to read the previous posts. You all should step outside of yourselves and watch and listen. You talk about SO many materialistic things....what people drive, what subdivision they live in, where they grocery shop, etc.... When your life has ended and you look back is THAT what you want to say are your defining moments???? As I said previously, "It cannot by you class or a heart". So I leave you with this quote from a great poet.

I shall be telling this with a sigh
Somewhere ages and ages hence:
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I—
I took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.
~Robert Frost

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
George Will and so-called "conservatives"... 17 hr The Old Cold Warrior 1
"Is Trump a national security threat?" 18 hr The Duke of Hazard 20
don't waste your time or gas applying at Fuyao. (Jan '15) Fri Sinclairbroadcast... 82
D.P.&L. Sucks! Fri The Duke of Hazard 6
Why Donald Trump is hated in Scotland... Fri Literature Lover 1
News Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) Fri Levy Hater 31,918
News Inmates caught in Ohio following 'Shawshank' st... Thu wichita-rick 3
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centerville Mortgages