Ruling against Day of Prayer stirs prayer debate

Apr 27, 2010 Full story: Dayton Daily News 6

A federal judge ruling the National Day of Prayer unconstitutional has roused atheists and religious advocates nationally to lobby politicians to pray or not to pray.

Full Story
The Duke of Hazard

Miamisburg, OH

#1 Apr 27, 2010
Hey, the Muslims will cut off your head and make you dead if you offend them!

“Picking Apart the Facts”

Since: Sep 09

Richlands

#2 Apr 27, 2010
They can lobby all they want but bottom line it isn't anybody's business whether I pray or not, when I Pray or not or where I pray or not. One would have to be a complete imbecile not to know the judges of this land legislate. We have as much legislation from judges as we do legislatures and Congress.
Good News

United States

#3 Apr 28, 2010
Mr Owl 1939 wrote:
They can lobby all they want but bottom line it isn't anybody's business whether I pray or not, when I Pray or not or where I pray or not. One would have to be a complete imbecile not to know the judges of this land legislate. We have as much legislation from judges as we do legislatures and Congress.
Well said. A international “day of prayer” is pretty generic, and still welcomes all faiths in each of their own observances. Do we really need to be this Politically Correct? But on the other hand, it has no allowance on the strength of my own faith if the government condones it or not. Big deal, won’t lose sleep either way.
A Citizen

Hamilton, OH

#4 May 4, 2010
Good News wrote:
<quoted text>
Well said. A international “day of prayer” is pretty generic, and still welcomes all faiths in each of their own observances. Do we really need to be this Politically Correct? But on the other hand, it has no allowance on the strength of my own faith if the government condones it or not. Big deal, won’t lose sleep either way.
A national day of prayer excludes atheists like me. I'm a citizen of this country. I don't want the government telling me to pray.
Good News

Columbus, OH

#5 May 4, 2010
A Citizen wrote:
<quoted text>
A national day of prayer excludes atheists like me. I'm a citizen of this country. I don't want the government telling me to pray.
Let me know when they do force you to pray, I’ll be there to defend your right not to.
The Old Cold Warrior

Miamisburg, OH

#6 May 4, 2010
You can't let these Muslim thugs squat down and bow on their prayer rugs, or let them pray five times a day, by the way, especially during work hours or in public.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centerville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 1 hr WARRIOR 19,286
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 1 hr NRA_RWNJ 31,513
Dennis Gannon trying to cover his past! 4 hr happy camper 7
not John Agenbroad too ? (Oct '08) 8 hr SPECIAL 309
Police Chief: was justice served in Springboro ... (Dec '08) 8 hr SPECIAL 166
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 8 hr SPECIAL 31,282
greene county humane society Tue Tina 5
Centerville Dating
Find my Match

Centerville Jobs

Centerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Centerville News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Centerville

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]