Who is better qualified? Petroni or Kohls?

Posted in the Centerville Forum

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
longhauler

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

I don't think Kelly Kohls has the same experience as Mr. Petroni. Mr. Petroni is a successful business and family man. He has faithfully served the communities in which he has lived. Mr. Petroni is performing his civic duties by tirelessly investing his expertise in revamping the Springboro Schools. Mr. Petroni has expertly and successful managed his personal finances. He does not have any ties to education. Kelly Kohls had a very public personal bankruptcy. As a former educator her views may be considered a conflict of interest. Mr. Petroni is deserving of leading the board of education. His creditials and success speak for themselves. Why then is Mr. Petroni not the president elect? If the people speak the elected officials need to react. Who do you think is better qualified? I believe we should put the children first and vote Mr. David Petroni.
oops try again Einstein

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

longhauler wrote:
I don't think Kelly Kohls has the same experience as Mr. Petroni. Mr. Petroni is a successful business and family man. He has faithfully served the communities in which he has lived. Mr. Petroni is performing his civic duties by tirelessly investing his expertise in revamping the Springboro Schools. Mr. Petroni has expertly and successful managed his personal finances. He does not have any ties to education. Kelly Kohls had a very public personal bankruptcy. As a former educator her views may be considered a conflict of interest. Mr. Petroni is deserving of leading the board of education. His creditials and success speak for themselves. Why then is Mr. Petroni not the president elect? If the people speak the elected officials need to react. Who do you think is better qualified? I believe we should put the children first and vote Mr. David Petroni.
You posted - Kelly Kohls "as a former educator her views may be considered a conflict of interest". Lisa Babb is also a former educator. Following this same line of logic, if Babb were to be elected onto the board, shouldn't her views be considered... "a conflict of interest" just like Kohls?
longhauler

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Feb 2, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

oops try again Einstein wrote:
<quoted text>
You posted - Kelly Kohls "as a former educator her views may be considered a conflict of interest". Lisa Babb is also a former educator. Following this same line of logic, if Babb were to be elected onto the board, shouldn't her views be considered... "a conflict of interest" just like Kohls?
Exactly! We need more business owners on the board.
Fly Swat

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

longhauler wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly! We need more business owners on the board.
We need NO ignorant union activists posting on this board, like pesky little flies leaving their nasty little droppings ... droppings. Swat, Swat.
Who Do You Trust

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

7

5

5

hey don, will you please concede to the people's will and admit that your Babb for Boro November 2011 campaign failed; and will you please stop wasting taxpayers time and money with your continued protests against a free election;
Will you please resign your status quo leadership position of just "sitting" on the board, year after year, protesting all changes for the good of all our students;
offering nothing in service to our schools and community, except your time and money-wasting protests against doing what's right; and offering only your whines and longings for keeping our kids left behind, just like during the long ago forgotten glory days of the good ole boys BOE pro-union rule in our schools and community.
Will you step up to honor the voter's trust in you as a board representative to finally do the right thing?
Will you please resign and join our former "has been a BOE president" as one who simply does not agree with the new direction of our BOE majority; in whom our school district voters have placed our trust to assure every child in our community a quality education, while living within our community financial resources.
longhauler

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

6

4

4

Fly Swat wrote:
<quoted text>
We need NO ignorant union activists posting on this board, like pesky little flies leaving their nasty little droppings ... droppings. Swat, Swat.
Unions will be a thing of the past. Times are changing. The next election will show business owners are better qualified to run things around here. Mr. David Petroni is a skilled negotiator and a successful real estate developer. It's high time the biggest employer is the city was run by experienced business professionals. Asking a former educator to act as president is not as effective as having a successful businessman run our business. Something to think about. Mr. David Petroni is a self-made man.
longhauler

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

7

6

6

Who Do You Trust wrote:
hey don, will you please concede to the people's will and admit that your Babb for Boro November 2011 campaign failed; and will you please stop wasting taxpayers time and money with your continued protests against a free election;
Will you please resign your status quo leadership position of just "sitting" on the board, year after year, protesting all changes for the good of all our students;
offering nothing in service to our schools and community, except your time and money-wasting protests against doing what's right; and offering only your whines and longings for keeping our kids left behind, just like during the long ago forgotten glory days of the good ole boys BOE pro-union rule in our schools and community.
Will you step up to honor the voter's trust in you as a board representative to finally do the right thing?
Will you please resign and join our former "has been a BOE president" as one who simply does not agree with the new direction of our BOE majority; in whom our school district voters have placed our trust to assure every child in our community a quality education, while living within our community financial resources.
Yes. Bow out. Don't you know the stats regarding unions? Mr.. Petroni has successfully defined a plan to increase revenue for the schools - without relying on a levy. Mr. Petroni is our greatest asset and we need to not only apreciate his hard work but also reward him with the board presidency!
Fly Swat

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

longhauler wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes. Bow out. Don't you know the stats regarding unions? Mr.. Petroni has successfully defined a plan to increase revenue for the schools - without relying on a levy. Mr. Petroni is our greatest asset and we need to not only apreciate his hard work but also reward him with the board presidency!
pesky little flies; nasty little droppings of ridicule.
swat, swat.
No OEA Indoctrination

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Feb 3, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Does the OEA encourage teachers to indoctrinate Ohio’s Kids?
Is the OEA monthly newsletter to teachers posted on public websites?
Do we parents know what our children are learning from teacher unionists, who believe along with the OEA, that teachers should not only be members of a labor union, but also should indoctrinate our children on unionism?

As the OEA dictates teachers in their monthly newsletter,“It’s essential that they not only be teacher unionists, but teachers of unionism. We need to create a generation of students who support teachers and the movements of teachers for their rights.”
How about they focus on just teaching our kids the core skills they will need in math, reading, writing, and science? How about they leave their political ideology and unionism out of the classroom? As the National Assessment of Educational Progress results show, more than half of America’s 8th graders fail basic civics tests. Clearly, our teachers have enough to do already.

The OEA needs to keep its left-wing views outside of the classroom and its hands off our kids’ curriculum. This type of indoctrination isn’t a surprise coming from a group with a leader who once boldly admitted it was more concerned with getting more power than the best interest of our kids.
blahblahblah

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Feb 4, 2013
 

Judged:

4

3

3

No OEA Indoctrination wrote:
Does the OEA encourage teachers to indoctrinate Ohio’s Kids?
Is the OEA monthly newsletter to teachers posted on public websites?
Do we parents know what our children are learning from teacher unionists, who believe along with the OEA, that teachers should not only be members of a labor union, but also should indoctrinate our children on unionism?
As the OEA dictates teachers in their monthly newsletter,“It’s essential that they not only be teacher unionists, but teachers of unionism. We need to create a generation of students who support teachers and the movements of teachers for their rights.”
How about they focus on just teaching our kids the core skills they will need in math, reading, writing, and science? How about they leave their political ideology and unionism out of the classroom? As the National Assessment of Educational Progress results show, more than half of America’s 8th graders fail basic civics tests. Clearly, our teachers have enough to do already.
The OEA needs to keep its left-wing views outside of the classroom and its hands off our kids’ curriculum. This type of indoctrination isn’t a surprise coming from a group with a leader who once boldly admitted it was more concerned with getting more power than the best interest of our kids.

take your pill gingerich
Fly Swat

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Feb 4, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
take your pill gingerich
pesky little flies on this blog; nasty little droppings.
swat,swat.
longhauler

Loveland, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Feb 4, 2013
 

Judged:

6

6

6

While I do not begrudge Kelly Kohls here education I do see the polished articulate demeanor of David Petroni as a salve to the wounds of this community. David Petroni is an excellent speaker. He is well versed in facts. David Petroni should not be given second class citizen status any longer. He should have been president elect.

Did Kelly Kohls campaign with the "Children's First Budgeting" concept? This was the brain child of David Petroni. Kelly Kohls ran on a platform where she boasted her years of experience as an educator. David Petroni has testified before the great state of Ohio to encourage opportunities of revenue in our schools. He thinks outside the box with a business minded view that educators do not possess through practical or classroom experiences. Why then was he not chosen to lead our schools as president?
shortrunner

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

4

longhauler wrote:
While I do not begrudge Kelly Kohls here education I do see the polished articulate demeanor of David Petroni as a salve to the wounds of this community. David Petroni is an excellent speaker. He is well versed in facts. David Petroni should not be given second class citizen status any longer. He should have been president elect.
Did Kelly Kohls campaign with the "Children's First Budgeting" concept? This was the brain child of David Petroni. Kelly Kohls ran on a platform where she boasted her years of experience as an educator. David Petroni has testified before the great state of Ohio to encourage opportunities of revenue in our schools. He thinks outside the box with a business minded view that educators do not possess through practical or classroom experiences. Why then was he not chosen to lead our schools as president?
This monologue of yours is less than lame. You really need to think about starting a new gig.
Fly Swat

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

5

5

longhauler wrote:
While I do not begrudge Kelly Kohls here education I do see the polished articulate demeanor of David Petroni as a salve to the wounds of this community. David Petroni is an excellent speaker. He is well versed in facts. David Petroni should not be given second class citizen status any longer. He should have been president elect.
Did Kelly Kohls campaign with the "Children's First Budgeting" concept? This was the brain child of David Petroni. Kelly Kohls ran on a platform where she boasted her years of experience as an educator. David Petroni has testified before the great state of Ohio to encourage opportunities of revenue in our schools. He thinks outside the box with a business minded view that educators do not possess through practical or classroom experiences. Why then was he not chosen to lead our schools as president?
ignorant rule of ridicule from those bugging this blog with bitterness and ignorance. swat, swat.
yeppers

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Feb 5, 2013
 

Judged:

5

3

3

blahblahblah wrote:
<quoted text>
take your pill gingerich
OK Scott Anderson.
Im Right

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

9

9

6

Kohls, Rigano and Petroni need to go!!

Rigano was totally out of line for calling the press about adding "Guns" to the agenda of last months BOE meeting. It was an attempt to distract from the real issue, Petronis attempt to abuse and profit from his position as a BOE memeber.

Kohls is just an ass. Too many reasons to mention here.

The 3 stooges must go!
if you wish upon a star

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

3

Im Right wrote:
Kohls, Rigano and Petroni need to go!!
Rigano was totally out of line for calling the press about adding "Guns" to the agenda of last months BOE meeting. It was an attempt to distract from the real issue, Petronis attempt to abuse and profit from his position as a BOE memeber.
Kohls is just an ass. Too many reasons to mention here.
The 3 stooges must go!
Actually, I'll vote for them again. I'm for lower taxes. If you are concerned about your kids....MOVE! sound familiar? Just what you school nazis told us years ago when every levy asked for passed. Get over it, those days are gone.
truth to power

Springboro, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Feb 21, 2013
 

Judged:

5

4

4

Im Right wrote:
Kohls, Rigano and Petroni need to go!!
Rigano was totally out of line for calling the press about adding "Guns" to the agenda of last months BOE meeting. It was an attempt to distract from the real issue, Petronis attempt to abuse and profit from his position as a BOE memeber.
Kohls is just an ass. Too many reasons to mention here.
The 3 stooges must go!
That Jan 10 board meeting was approx 1 month after the Newton shooting. Discussing matters such as placing guns in schools too soon after that shooting certainly would have been in very poor taste. If the board would have waited even 2 weeks longer, then a lot of our ADHD minds want to forget about long ago events in places like Newtown CT. In this modern age, we along with the media that prompts us, tends to very quickly forget important lessons from last month's headlines.
Rigano picked the perfect time to bring up this issue.
Neither

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

7

7

6

What a joke I just saw my kids course offerings for the high school. BOE let's see you get out of this one as all social studies electives for next year were cut. All of these courses were college prep and met the requirements for NCAA clearinghouse. Can't be money because you added PE courses. Yes everyone the BOE replaced academic courses with additional PE courses. If PE is the new BOE agenda save it for your conversion school. You can make it the Springboro PE Academy. Maybe with more A's in PE GPA's will go up? BOE I know your out there (as most of you are on here posting.) BOE you have reached a new low replacing college level courses with additional PE offers. These are the same board members who talked about how more history should be taught in public schools. What a slap in the face! I'm pretty sure Oakwood, Centerville, Mason, Kings, Solon, or any other top school district in the state is not replacing academic course offerings with PE. BOE if this is your answer to raising student achievement you are the joke!!!
Status Quo Has to Go

Piqua, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Feb 22, 2013
 

Judged:

8

7

7

Im Right wrote:
Kohls, Rigano and Petroni need to go!!
Rigano was totally out of line for calling the press about adding "Guns" to the agenda of last months BOE meeting. It was an attempt to distract from the real issue, Petronis attempt to abuse and profit from his position as a BOE memeber.
Kohls is just an ass. Too many reasons to mention here.
The 3 stooges must go!
The number one issue and only agenda that our Springboro Board of Education has is making sure that every child in our community is assured a quality education while living within our means.
Only board member Don Miller still fearfully clings to status quo, with no broader vision for our children's future than the narrow tunnel vision of adult-first business as usual, just the same as previous board members and school district leaders.
Those good old boy days are gone forever; voters have chosen reform-minded board members, with a new philosophy of children first budgeting, doing what's right for our school children and community.
Don Miller continues serving only his constituents of the union activists kind; while protecting our public schools teachers union priority of gaining more control over our kids classrooms and our school tax dollars. Don Miller votes consistently against our children first budgeting. Our schools and community can do better for our children's future; and the best thing we can do is vote Don Miller out of elected office as board representative.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of100
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Centerville Discussions

Search the Centerville Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
The 25 Most Dangerous Cities in the U.S. Are Mo... (Nov '10) 49 min Samuel 17,686
Our recommendation: Springboro voters should sa... (Feb '08) 3 hr Water un Troubled Bridges 30,581
OH Who do you support for Governor in Ohio in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr xxxrayted 25,324
Whatever you want to know. 5 hr SilentKnight 26
Who do you support for Secretary of State in Oh... (Oct '10) 9 hr worm 168
OH Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in O... (Oct '10) 9 hr squid 118
the dukes boys 11 hr sondra 1
•••
•••
•••
•••

Centerville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Centerville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••