Mistrial in Smithtown highway worker'...

Mistrial in Smithtown highway worker's bribery case

There are 10 comments on the Newsday story from Jun 18, 2008, titled Mistrial in Smithtown highway worker's bribery case. In it, Newsday reports that:

The trial of David Clark, a Smithtown highway worker accused of trying to coerce the highway superintendent into giving him a promotion, ended in a mistrial late yesterday afternoon when a jury couldn't reach a ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Spike

Bronx, NY

#1 Jun 18, 2008
They are all a bunch of crooks. Fire them all.
here we go again

Fort Huachuca, AZ

#2 Jun 18, 2008
this case is a joke if you work with scpd, or the da's soffice, you can't go around talking about the office corpution, you have to keep quite, if you go to the IA @ scpd, there response is , your dept doesn't want to have it look into.
Joey

Brooklyn, NY

#3 Jun 18, 2008
Ever since this Clown Mr.Dan Ryan took over the Highway Dept.the towns roads have gotten so BAD,everyone is taking notice.Let's all remember this Chump when we DUMP DAN RYAN on Election Day.End of Story.
concernedsmithre s

United States

#4 Jun 18, 2008
Joey wrote:
Ever since this Clown Mr.Dan Ryan took over the Highway Dept.the towns roads have gotten so BAD,everyone is taking notice.Let's all remember this Chump when we DUMP DAN RYAN on Election Day.End of Story.
You are correct ! But we need to get him out NOW not a year and a half from now, can you impeach a Hwy Super ???
sm resident

West New York, NJ

#5 Jun 19, 2008
There has to a way to get rid of this guy, all he wants to do is collect branches and leaf bags, that does not require any leadership skills. If that is what the office has come to than anyone without any knowledge could run the depatment. Time to put a leader in office next term if not sooner.
barb

Lynbrook, NY

#6 Oct 30, 2008
Spike wrote:
Dan has been doing a great job. Yard debris left at curb are picked up quickly. Roads are plowed beautifully. And his hands are out of the till. He is at work not playing golf with the other Smithtown town cronies. Hats off to Dan Ryan. He is on the job.
Dump Ryan

Scarsdale, NY

#7 Nov 3, 2008
barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Dan has been doing a great job. Yard debris left at curb are picked up quickly. Roads are plowed beautifully. And his hands are out of the till. He is at work not playing golf with the other Smithtown town cronies. Hats off to Dan Ryan. He is on the job.
I don't know what part of Smithtown you live in, but the job Dan Ryan has been doing is terrible. He is absolutely the worst I've seen in the 24 years I've lived here and the people working for him aren't much better. I agree with the other posters - Ryan has to go and sooner rather than later.
Jay

Brooklyn, NY

#8 Nov 12, 2008
barb wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah,O.K.Barb the "Bimbo".There is Not ONE,Not ONE Town Resident I speak to that does not want to DUMP this Old INCOMPETANT DISGRACE of a Highway Superintendent.Playing Golf with Smithtown Town cronies? Name these people and write your real name Bimbo instead of your hallucinogenic LIES.Yeah O.K.you also live in Setauket.Go on,Beat it.End of Story.
the 1

Peekskill, NY

#9 May 5, 2009
Spike wrote:
This Clark seems like the biggest crook of them all. Fire Away!
rich fischer

Honeoye Falls, NY

#10 Apr 29, 2014
i really dont know what all these people are complaing about, he was elected i think so you can all blame your selves. as an ex employee of the Smithtown highway dept i saw a lot of bullshit, cant blame Dave for doing what he did, ifyou are not family you got treated like shit, that goes back to when dowling was running things, why not keep it in the family, but there is coruption in every job,

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Islip OKs tax breaks for B & S Fragrances & Cos... 7 hr shame on you 2
Complaints against CPS, Supervising Judge David... (Dec '09) 23 hr Dave 63
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Sat Calvin 1,417
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Sat Sally Forth 35
Hookups in sayville Fri sayville16 1
Centereach moms (Oct '10) Jul 11 WilkieLandscaping 5
Review: Joey B Plumbing & Heating Inc (Jul '10) May '16 kris 5

Centereach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance