School lockdown after gunshots in Bre...

School lockdown after gunshots in Brentwood

There are 339 comments on the Newsday story from May 3, 2007, titled School lockdown after gunshots in Brentwood. In it, Newsday reports that:

Three Brentwood schools were placed under lockdown Thursday afternoon after gunshots were exchanged between at least two people on a residential street near the high school, officials said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 17
Next Last
Kevin

AOL

#2 May 3, 2007
I hate the way the media writes the headlines...the headline makes it seem like the shots were fired in the school.....how about fixing it to show that "Three Brentwood Schools Locked Down after Shots in Neighborhood"

Typical Newsday.
Nancy

New Hyde Park, NY

#5 May 3, 2007
ANIMALS!!!!!!!!!
Chandra Leer

Fairport, NY

#7 May 3, 2007
It's too nice of a day (weather wise) to be locked down in a school today.
JUSTICE FOR DINO MESSANA

Brooklyn, NY

#12 May 3, 2007
WWW, DINOMESSANA.COM 4 ILLEGAL GUNS MURDER, KILLER ON THE LOOSE
NYY

Englewood, CO

#14 May 3, 2007
Is OJ back in town?
SGT Carter

Middle Island, NY

#17 May 3, 2007
...as Pyle says... surprise, surprise, surprise. NOT !
Pete

New Hyde Park, NY

#18 May 3, 2007
lol wrote:
only in brentwood... how disgusting
Yeah, everywhere else they shoot IN the school not outside. So who's better?
Jean

Plattsburgh, NY

#22 May 3, 2007
Ratta Tat wrote:
Gunshots in Brentwood, now there's a shocker. Lock down all the schools in Brentwood. That way all the "students" inside will be used to prison by the time that most of them get there.
I am a proud Brentwood graduate, and i think you are disgusting by saying all the students would be used to prison. Just because a few "bad" kids do some stupid things, doesnt mean the whole brentwood population is a bunch of criminals!
FORGETABOUTIT

United States

#24 May 3, 2007
Some friends from south of the border celebrating cinco de mayo early...........
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#28 May 3, 2007
Pete wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, everywhere else they shoot IN the school not outside. So who's better?
You're absolutely right. This happens across white schools across the country. These racist hypocrites just love to point the finger at minority communities.
Brentwood

Hicksville, NY

#29 May 3, 2007
Fed up Suffolk Taxpayer wrote:
MS13 wannabees. See what happens when a town gets flooded with illegal immigrants like Brentwood.
They might as well call Brentwood "little Mexico." because that's what it's become.
They should cut off state aid to the school and shut it down. Maybe it'll send all the spanish illegals home.
I just love when ignorant people such as yourself make comments on something you know nothing about. Most of the hispanic population in Brentwood is legal. How do I know? Because I've been living there for for almost 20 years. So if you don't know what you're talking about then STFU.
jeffrey

Wingdale, NY

#30 May 3, 2007
just typical brentwood gang violence and shooting, when are we going to crack down.
Hmm

Port Jefferson Station, NY

#31 May 3, 2007
Brentwood is a nice area? Why don't you check out www.parentsformeganslaw.com and lookup how many sex offenders live in Brentwood. Compare it with other towns in Suffolk County. Legal citizens or not, Brentwood is a slum and hearing about gunshots in that area is not surprising at all.
Concerned Human

Bronx, NY

#32 May 3, 2007
Every time I have entered a Newsday forum, it seems as if all the white supremacists come out of the woodworks and show off their true colors. I assume they ignore the shootings, raping and ravaging of the REAL Americans hundreds of years ago. So these 5th and 6th generation immigrants criticize those who enter this country, as if their forefathers were any different. "Oh, but they entered here legally, blah blah blah..." If this country were not run by YOUR type, maybe they would have devised a decent immigration reform, without fearing that their race would soon be the minority in this country. Don't you see how you oppressed African American before? Haven't you observed the consequences of their oppression in this present day? A vicious cycle, which will be repeated in the near future. Only, you're going to have to watch what you say by then, since YOU will become the minority! You reap what you sow, learn how to respect other human beings. We all are humans, let us learn to treat each other this way...
Jessie

Bronx, NY

#33 May 3, 2007
YA NA WAT NOT ALL OV IS LIKE DAT SO YALL DAT KEEP ON WRITEN DA BRENTWOOD R ANIMALS OR SAVAGES N SHIT KEEP IT 2 UR SELF CUZ U PROBLY R WORSE!!!!
DONT BLAME THE GUN

Valhalla, NY

#34 May 3, 2007
MORE STUPED PEOPLE" LONG ISLAND IS FULL OF THEM
Concearned Human

Bronx, NY

#35 May 3, 2007
Typo, just in case any supremacists try to get smart.
aRYANNA

Bridgeport, CT

#36 May 3, 2007
GOOD GOING mR.COHEN
jen

Bronx, NY

#37 May 3, 2007
Ratta Tat wrote:
Gunshots in Brentwood, now there's a shocker. Lock down all the schools in Brentwood. That way all the "students" inside will be used to prison by the time that most of them get there.
I go to Brentwood and I hate it alot, but dont stereotype every student that goes there. I'm definetely NOT going to prison, thanks.
Brentwood Student

Weehawken, NJ

#38 May 3, 2007
I live in Brentwood. Some of you people better go get a clue because stuff like this happens everywhere in this country. I am part of the minority in this town (white), and I have to say I would not be any happier anywhere else. Gain some respect please, because if people walk around talking the way I've read in some of these other comments this counties problems are only going to get worse.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Brentwood Sonderling High School "Class of 1978" (Apr '06) 12 hr Van Buren St Guy 14
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Thu Enoch 15
Review: Long Island Academy Of Dance (Oct '08) Thu dancer 13
News Binghamton man charged in 2010 murder on Longa Thu Samone 3
Patchogue, May 24, 1960 (Jul '13) Wed Frank Lambert 5
Louis Volpe (Aug '14) Apr 25 zzz 15
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Apr 24 Bill Albano 1,414
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centereach Mortgages