Man found dead in submerged car off Kings Park

There are 191 comments on the Newsday story from Mar 15, 2008, titled Man found dead in submerged car off Kings Park. In it, Newsday reports that:

A car vaulted into the water at a Kings Park dock early yesterday, killing the driver, a Centereach man, police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 10
Next Last
amanda

Coram, NY

#246 Apr 25, 2008
he was my student teacher, and he was the best. god bless his family and may he always watch over us =[

rest in peace ryan colvin, forever in our hearts
Slappy White

Wallington, NJ

#248 Apr 25, 2008
Ashley wrote:
i know the colvins.Ryans mom is my spanish teacher.I know what the true story is so all those people out there need to stop making up all these stories.its just making things worse for the two families.
Como se what?
a friend

West New York, NJ

#249 Apr 26, 2008
I personally did not know either Ryan or Rob, but I'm am good friends with someone who did. My prayers go out to both their families. And I just hope that all of you people that are leaving terrible comments realize that something terrible happend, and you really aren't helping anyone by saying that. It's a shame that in such a terrible time people could still be so hurtful. I also happen to live in Kings Park and have my entire life and I know that down at the bluff the road does end, with almost no warning. And if it was dark out and it was foggy, which it happens to be alot, then there is no warning. You would not see the sign if the lights weren't on. It was a terrible thing that happened to these two. RIP Ryan and Rob, you will never be forgotten.
My teacher

United States

#250 Apr 26, 2008
I was one of his students. He was my Ela teacher classes are very boring now because he's not there. I am still sucpicous about his friend they really need to find his body. The day I learned he died was the day the school spirit died. Ela will never be the same without you Mr.Colvin we need you back. I remember those days when he used to joke around with the class and say silly jokes about some classmates(none taken seriously). The first question I sad was why him he didn't deserve to die so soon. But like the son "only the good die young". Mr. Colvin was really good. Im really going to miss seeing him in the mornings he was the first teacher to come to school everyday no matter what the weather was or the traffic he was there. Im going to miss him coming around the classroom checking everybody's homework. Im going to miss alot of stuff about him. I wish he was still here.Ever since the day he died he was always in my dreams sometimes I think he is trying to tell me something but doesn't have the words to say it. Now I must come to the end and say "I will always pray for his family and his friends".RCA will always miss you Mr.Colvin.

Roosevelt Childrens Academy
changed into
Ryan Colvin Academy
Steve

United States

#251 Jun 7, 2008
Ryan Colvin was my first friend when I was about 4 years old we met. We remained very close for about 8 years after then I moved to my fathers house and we lost touch. Our families are very close and this tragedy has had a profound effect on all of us even my self. I recieved a phone call on March 16th from my sister about his death. That same day I got on a plane and flew home. Ryan may not have been my friend any longer but all my childhood memories have him imprinted in them and he will always be remembered and loved by me. May he Rest In Piece eternally.
Anonymous

Bronx, NY

#252 Jul 1, 2008
I am still not over it and I doubt I will ever be. Rob was my dude, me term of endearment for him was "the bass", never had I heard such a voice, never had I laughed so hard, and never had I felt my heart so heavy at losing someone. I miss you. I never got to tell you I loved you, but I have a sneaky suspicion that you already knew.
cheyenne ray

Brooklyn, NY

#253 Aug 14, 2008
today is aug.14th,0h8 tommorwo will be the 6 month since he is gone . i still cant believe it but he is in gods hands now. he was ma fave teacher at rca . gone but neva forgoten.peace
alyssa

Brooklyn, NY

#255 Nov 21, 2008
i miss you mr.colvin.
you were the best sub. ever
it was great knowing you, my heart goes
out to your family.
i love you.
see you soon!

Since: Jan 09

Brooklyn, NY

#256 Jan 6, 2009
There isn't a day I don't get reminded of this.

It's terrible. The first funeral I ever went to, was his.

His face lying there so peacefully, will forever be ingrained into my mind.

I miss you Ryan. <3

Hope you're teaching kids up there, just like you wanted to do down here. <3
Kiana

Stamford, CT

#257 Apr 17, 2010
he was a teacher at my school his spirit is still there!!
JoJo Green

Stamford, CT

#258 Feb 10, 2012
I know its almost 4 years since it happened Mr.Colvin is still truly missed by everyone! He would be sooo happy right now knowing the Giants won the Superball because he was a huge fan.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Murder 1995 - 1996 (Mar '07) 4 hr TruthaboutTommy 15
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 16 hr elaina 1,383
Looking for female american bulldog to breed with! (Jan '12) Sat Craig Zmolik 25
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... May 21 not optimistic 11
Home Robberies May 20 Patchogue resident 3
News Brentwood suspect shot in scuffle with police (Feb '08) May 17 Nikie 59
News Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) May 17 cheer the f up 121,912
More from around the web

Centereach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]