Man found dead in submerged car off Kings Park

Full story: Newsday 191
A car vaulted into the water at a Kings Park dock early yesterday, killing the driver, a Centereach man, police said. Full Story
First Prev
of 10
Next Last
Nicole Z

Bronx, NY

#2 Mar 16, 2008
OMG!! He substitued at my school. He was the best ever!! Why did he have to go? He was such an awesome person & a great lacrosse coach. R.I.P Mr.Colvin <3 Ily!
LIer

Rocky Point, NY

#3 Mar 16, 2008
This is odd. A TV news report stated that the boat operator saw headlights under the water. If that's true, couldn't help have gotten there sooner? Headlights wouldn't stay on very long while submerged.
dana

Mineola, NY

#4 Mar 16, 2008
omgg.
mr. colvinn<33
he substituted at my school. he was the best sub we ever had.
rip :[
Ambz

Brentwood, NY

#5 Mar 16, 2008
Yo datz my teacher..sad..! omg!!.. he was the best teacher ever...
samantha

Scarsdale, NY

#6 Mar 16, 2008
i knew ryan colvin he was a teacher of mine. i will miss him alot. he was such a cool person. i wish the family luck n i am sorry for their lost. he will always be remebered
samantha p

Scarsdale, NY

#7 Mar 16, 2008
i will miss him so much. he was the best teacher ever. n a really cool person. idk wat i am going to do without him. i will miss u so much mr. colvin<3 iyusm
lynette

Bronx, NY

#8 Mar 16, 2008
OMG he substitutied at my skool
r.i.p MR.Colvin=( he was the best 2!
Casper

Forest Hills, NY

#12 Mar 16, 2008
OMG.... i'm Speechless about this, he was my ELA teacher, Ryan Colvin i'm so devistated im gonna miss him
R.i.p.
DEASIA

Bronx, NY

#13 Mar 16, 2008
DATS MY TEACHER R.I.P COLVIN ROOSEVELT CHILDRENS ACADEMY LOVE YOU UR N A BETTER PLACE N0W
Keemster

Bronx, NY

#16 Mar 16, 2008
Ambz wrote:
Yo datz my teacher..sad..! omg!!.. he was the best teacher ever...
He was my teacher 2 n he was da best teacher n e one cud ask 4
Jon

New York, NY

#19 Mar 16, 2008
My heart and thoughts are with the Colvin family in this most difficult time.
unknown

Succasunna, NJ

#28 Mar 16, 2008
that was my teacher and a good man
UNREAL

Columbia, SC

#29 Mar 16, 2008
he taught 7th grade in a rough area, stop criticizing his students.
people should only be commenting if in rememberance of Ryan
unknown

Brooklyn, NY

#30 Mar 16, 2008
as a coworker of his at roosevelt children's academy i can say that mr. colvin was an amazing person and a great teacher. he will be missed by all students and faculty. the school will not be the same.
So Sad

Bronx, NY

#31 Mar 16, 2008
It wasn't just Ryan either. And it wasn't a couple of people out drinking. It was some friends getting together that hadn't seen each other in a while. For those who are judging, have you never just hung out with friends late at night? If not, then you must just not have any. Late at night doesn't = drinking. Show some kindness as another family is still searching for their son.
Ammar

Brooklyn, NY

#33 Mar 16, 2008
Ryan, We Wont EVER miss you. you were a good friend, mentor, and teacher to the centereach community.
Zach, the rest of your family, and everone that knows you at Centereach high school as the nicest guy around will never forget you..
..your in our prayers Ryan..
Akeem

Bronx, NY

#34 Mar 16, 2008
unknown wrote:
as a coworker of his at roosevelt children's academy i can say that mr. colvin was an amazing person and a great teacher. he will be missed by all students and faculty. the school will not be the same.
as a fellow student wat faculty member is this
Kris

Paterson, NJ

#35 Mar 16, 2008
I knew ryan for a long time, grew up down the road from him and went to school with him since i was a child. God rest his sole, and my prayers go out to his family. and to those of you who think its funny to leave disrespectful comments about those who have passed, i hope you enjoy your meaningless exsistance while it lasts. you are the scum of the earth and i wish for a second you could be in the shoes of ryans family and feel the pain they feel when they have to put there son in the ground. any coward can type something like that, but if it came down to it, i would love to see if you could look those family members in the eye and say something like that to them. God bless you ryan, you are loved and will always be missed. Its a sad day for centereach. weve lost one of out best.
So Confused

Hyde Park, NY

#37 Mar 16, 2008
No disrespect to Ryan, death no matter how it comes sucks. Earlier certain responses mentioned that he was a passenger in this car, and another name was mentioned as if they were hoping he would be found okay. Anybody know? Was iat Justin or jason or ... can't remember.
noname

Bellmore, NY

#38 Mar 16, 2008
Word is still out on the other passenger.. it was neither of the names you mentioned.. don't think the name should be mentioned on here.. just pray he will be found.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 10
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 8 hr Ratloder 118,682
Memories Of Old Ronkonkoma (Jul '09) Thu Jeannie1 92
Loud Farts On Pleasure Ave. (Jan '14) Oct 22 Fartin Bill 2
Keahon is showman in the courtroom - (Sep '07) Oct 22 KLOOP 29
Slime Bags (May '12) Oct 22 Busted 12
Gay Friendly Sayville? Oct 21 Gayville 3
Poll: Do You Support a St. James CVS? Oct 21 dianenarr 1

Centereach News Video

Centereach Dating
Find my Match