Blaming Israel for carnage

Blaming Israel for carnage

There are 121921 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2006, titled Blaming Israel for carnage. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Most media outlets aren't providing news of Israel's barbaric air raids on Lebanon with fairness and integrity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Kantara2009

Turkey

#114157 Jan 9, 2014
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Hello nazi shitstain, how u doing with Gibraltar and the Falkland Island among other places that U so conveniently ha ha "obtained"????? hahahaha hahahahha nazi shit.
...doing fine with both places,and the nearest thing to a nazi is your boy who should have gone the same way as his brother in Entebe.
Zioni

Israel

#114159 Jan 9, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Its section 2 not 11.
A: Yes I know, you clearly don't recognize Roman numerals
The Mandate clearly states that there will be a Jewish homeland, and there is specifically no mention of political rights in the document unlike the other Mandate documents which speak of political rights for the locals.
A; It didn't need to mention them as they were already living there, the Jews weren't
It was the Jews spoken about in the Mandate and the Mandate also speaks of helping the Jews set up the institutions necessary for self government.
A: So why does that mean that the mandate didn't apply to the indigenous Arabs who lived there
So why than did the Arab attacks on Jewish civilians start 2 decades before the time you
speak of
A I have already explained that and you continue to ignore it. The white paper which was written in 1922
You clearly don't recognize numbers as you posted it as 11 not II.

So than why do the Syria and Mesopotamia Mandate speak of political rights for the locals if it was, as you claim, obvious?

If the Mandate was Political for the local Arabs than why is their SPECIFICALLY not mention of their political rights? At the same time it speaks of their civil and religious rights and also Jewish political rights in other lands.

You have been claimed since the begining that it was the Jews who started the violence, are you now admitting you were wrong??

It was the INDIGENOUS Jewish population that were massacred in Jerusalem, Hebron and other places so to blame immigration is ridiculous.

The White paper clearly shows British intentions from the begining and they were not pro-Jewish state.
Zioni

Israel

#114160 Jan 9, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Nope you are, not me, we are talking about terrorists full stop and how Israel let them back onto the streets and prior Israeli terrorists. You have yet to get back to me on the two examples that I gave you. They don't need to be bes,t just your common home grown terrorists Also you have yet to get back to me re the 1977 anti proselytizing law that was introduced into a democratic country in 1977. You continue to deflect just like you accuse me of doing so go figure. BTW try and use your own quotes instead of mine
As usual you try to change the subject.

Only those who intentionally targeted civilians were terrorists. You seem unable to differentiate.
You refuse to condemn the current Palestinian leadership, and refuse to accept that these people are not interested in peace and admit to being terrorists.

I have never denied that Zionists carried out terrorist attacks, they even carried out attacks against their own. You are the one who denies it was the Arabs who began the atrocities on the land against the indigenous Jews.

What examples you keep making general statements or implications of people.

I did reply to you
proselytizing is not illegal in Israel just certain ways of proselytizing.

II have no interest whether Jewish, Christian, Muslim etc to preach to me. So I would say harassment of passers by or turning up on my doorstop is not something I want, like or need.

Your quotes???

Will you Agree that Abbas is a terrorist and so are much of the Palestinian leadership???
Will you condemn them and many Western countries who pay for the antisemitism (can't ask you to condemn anti-Zionism) and calls to kill Jews coming from numerous parts of Palestinians society?
Do you agree with Europe paying the salaries of mass murderers, especially when they often don't even work?
cartooni

Hesperia, CA

#114161 Jan 9, 2014
PeterSmokesPoleSake wrote:
<quoted text>
We know how you wish Jews exact violence on all innocents Ratty including the children of Gaza ... What's new Rat-arse? What's new is violent Jews and their mason devil worshippers here will have to kill me next time and that won't happen.... Now go Ratty .. go find some pleasant shit for lunch munch, Fanny.
fcuk Gaza.... all of it.... what they need is more civilized settlements, less fcuking islamic scum... Go bulldozers.

as for their stupid perverted kids, mostly the males.... they blow up so quick.... fortunately.
ocxz

Paris, France

#114163 Jan 9, 2014
cartooni wrote:
<quoted text>fcuk Gaza.... all of it.... what they need is more civilized settlements, less fcuking islamic scum... Go bulldozers.
as for their stupid perverted kids, mostly the males.... they blow up so quick.... fortunately.
civilized settlements with palestinians, because the zionist savages that came in the 1940's are such a cancer spread.

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#114164 Jan 9, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
You clearly don't recognize numbers as you posted it as 11 not II.
So than why do the Syria and Mesopotamia Mandate speak of political rights for the locals if it was, as you claim, obvious?
If the Mandate was Political for the local Arabs than why is their SPECIFICALLY not mention of their political rights? At the same time it speaks of their civil and religious rights and also Jewish political rights in other lands.
You have been claimed since the begining that it was the Jews who started the violence, are you now admitting you were wrong??
It was the INDIGENOUS Jewish population that were massacred in Jerusalem, Hebron and other places so to blame immigration is ridiculous.
The White paper clearly shows British intentions from the begining and they were not pro-Jewish state

That is how the number one 1 shows up on my laptop. The only way I could have got around that would have been by using the letter l. I thought that you'd have been smart enough to recognize that that was what I meant

Under the league mandate system , the terms of the mandates did not involve any cession of territory or transfer of sovereignty to the mandatories. The formal objective of the League of Nations Mandate system was to administer parts of the defunct Ottoman Empire, which had been in control of the Middle East since the 16th century, "until such time as they are able to stand alone.

Article 22 (4) provided that certain communities formerly belonging to the Turkish empire "have reached a state of development where their existence as independent nations can be provisionally recognized. The majority of the indigenous people living in Palestine at that time were Arabs. These mandates became known as class A mandates of which Palestine was one that was awarded to Britain in 1922.

Mandatories were subject to the overall jurisdiction of the League of Nations council which in turn delegated supervision of the mandatory administration to a Permanent Mandatory Commission which consisted of 10 member of who the majority were nationals of non-mandatory states

The mandates included extensive protection to the indigenous peoples of the mandated territory. If any dispute arose concerning the interpretation of the mandate the dispute was to be submitted to the Permanent court of International Justice

The British government did not do this and instead handed the entire problem over to the UN General Assembly which agreed to the Partition Resolution in 1947. This was never implemented

In relation to the mandate concerning Palestine UN Charter article 80(1) made it clear that the term of the mandate remained in effect pending their placement under the UN trusteeship system

The League of Nations covenant had already provisionally recognized the Palestinian people as an independent nation, which recognition is still entitled to legal effect under the conservatory clause found in the UN Charter.

In relation to the violence by the Jews I was referring to the attacks and dispossession of the Arabs prior to 1947/48. The Arabs themselves did initiate violence against the Jews and where hostile over

T o be continued

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114165 Jan 9, 2014
The only way it is a democracy is in your dreams. The reality is far different. There is not only discrimination against Christians and Arabs but also Mizrahim Jews. There is discrimination in land ownership, education, unemployment and mean income. At the top of the ladder are the Ashkenazims, followed by the Mizrahim and then at the bottom of the rung the Arabs

Why does the state own 90% of all land in Israel. You still haven't explained why a democratic country would have anti proselytizing laws. I have already given you examples of how Christians have been harassed and intimidated because of it.

Read about land regime and social relations in Israel by:

Alexander (Sandy) Kedar

University of Haifa - Faculty of Law

Oren Yiftachel

Ben-Gurion University of the Negev - Department of Geography and Environmental Development

http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm...

I fully expect to get back to me again stating these are also self hating Jews

Why is it so difficult for non-Jews to obtain citizenship and yet it is given freely to Jews?

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114166 Jan 9, 2014
Zioni wrote:
As usual you try to change the subject.

A: Not at all I have been quite specific about Israel releasing the terrorists and mentioning just a few who were Israeli terrorists such as Begin, Shamir and Sharon

Only those who intentionally targeted civilians were terrorists. You seem unable to differentiate.

A So now you are saying the examples I gave did not target civilians? They later became leaders in Israel

You refuse to condemn the current Palestinian leadership, and refuse to accept that these people are not interested in peace and admit to being terrorists

A: I'll do that what you condemn what the Israeli terrorists did
I have never denied that Zionists carried out terrorist attacks, they even carried out attacks against their own. You are the one who denies it was the Arabs who began the atrocities on the land against the indigenous Jews.

A. I have stated above I'll do that when you also condemn what Israeli leaders did

What examples you keep making general statements or implications of people.
I did reply to you

proselytizing is not illegal in Israel just certain ways of proselytizing.

A: Why should there be any restrictions on how people proselytize?

II have no interest whether Jewish, Christian, Muslim etc to preach to me. So I would say harassment of passers by or turning up on my doorstop is not something I want, like or need.

A: Sorry but that is not a good enough excuse for a democratic country that allegedly believes in free speech. You keep deflecting from the fact that a so called "democratic country has an anti proselytizing law.brought in 1977. I have also provided examples of how it is being used against Christians to intimidate and harrass them
Your quotes???
A: Never mind

Will you Agree that Abbas is a terrorist and so are much of the Palestinian leadership???
Will you condemn them and many Western countries who pay for the antisemitism (can't ask you to condemn anti-Zionism) and calls to kill Jews coming from numerous parts of Palestinians society?

A; I'll do that when you admit that Israeli terrorists that dispossessed&#8206; people from their land and home's then went on to become leaders in the government of Israel. As far as condemning the western countries go they are no worse or better than the countries that provided funds to Israel from Jewish National Funds, America, Europe etc who provided them with money to able to carry out their dastardly deeds

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114167 Jan 9, 2014
Based on UN Charter article 80(1) and League Covenant article 22 (4), America, Israel and all state parties to the UN Charter have already provisionally recognized the Palestinian people as an independent nation whether they realize it or not.

Further to the above, article 103 of the UN Charter provides that in the event of a conflict between the terms of the Charter and the obligations under any other international agreement, the obligations under the Charter shall prevail
George

Red Deer, Canada

#114168 Jan 9, 2014
This thread is becoming darker by the day. Do you people have anything positive to say?? No wonder the middle east is at war for 5000 years, just read this thread and you are supposedly educated and have no clue how to get along or compromise, just kill and destroy.

Some of you profess to be such strong Christians and yet can only wish harm and death. You do not recognize other cultures nor respect others believe.

I am not Jewish nor Israeli but I have no ill will toward them and can honestly say whatever happened 2000 years or 50 years ago happened and is called history, all countries and cultures have it, so get over it and come into the 21st century, enough of the crying and pouting about events that did or did not happen, it is today. You want wars to stop but yet continue to pour fuel on the fight.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114169 Jan 9, 2014
Zioni wrote:
The Palestine National Council is the supreme legislative representative body for all the Palestinian people inside Palestine and in the Diaspora. The PNC normally sets PLO policies and plans, because it is the highest decision – making body, according to Article (7- a) of the statute of the Palestine Liberation Organization. The PNC composed of independent members, sectors of the Palestinian community, and factions of the PLO, is the sole and legitimate for all the Palestinian people. The Palestine Central Council emerged from the PNC; which elects the members of the Executive Committee of the PLO.
The PNC was established in 1948, when Al Haj Amin AL – Husseni called for the convening of it in Gaza , as the first Palestinian legislative authority on the land of the Palestinian Arab state ; stipulated in the UN resolution 181 in 1947. The Council formed the ( All – Palestine Government ), headed by Mr. Ahmed Helmi Abdelbaqi , who was the representative in the Arab league until 1959.
The National Council of Palestine was renewed, when the first Palestinian conference was held in Jerusalem, on may 28th to 2nd June, 1964; as a decision of the first Arab Summit, held in Cairo in January 1964; to mandate Mr. Ahmed Al – Shukairy , the representative of Palestine in the Arab league at that time , to contact the Palestinian people and the Arab states in order to establish the Palestinian national entity. Mr. Al-Shukariy stated in his speech,” The people of Palestine meet for the first time in Jerusalem, the eternal city, after the disaster of (Al-Nakbeh) to announce through this conference for all the world, that we are the legitimate owners of Palestine, and our aim is to liberate it”.
As the successor to the League of Nations with respect to the mandate the General Assembly had the EXCLUSIVE legal authority to determine that the PLO is the legitimate representative of the Palestinian people. This determination is binding upon all member states of the UN, including the US and Israel

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114170 Jan 9, 2014
George wrote:
This thread is becoming darker by the day. Do you people have anything positive to say?? No wonder the middle east is at war for 5000 years, just read this thread and you are supposedly educated and have no clue how to get along or compromise, just kill and destroy.
Some of you profess to be such strong Christians and yet can only wish harm and death. You do not recognize other cultures nor respect others believe.
I am not Jewish nor Israeli but I have no ill will toward them and can honestly say whatever happened 2000 years or 50 years ago happened and is called history, all countries and cultures have it, so get over it and come into the 21st century, enough of the crying and pouting about events that did or did not happen, it is today. You want wars to stop but yet continue to pour fuel on the fight.
Dismissing what happened is not going to rectify the problem George. It needs more than trying to shove it under the carpet which seems to be your solution. The same as the occupation of the occupied territories this needs to also be addressed. Being Christian mean acknowledging what was done to both Arabs and Christians in the days pre unilateral declaration of independence by Israels

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114171 Jan 9, 2014
George wrote:
BTW George who is advocating harm and death as a solution??
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#114172 Jan 10, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
The only way it is a democracy is in your dreams. The reality is far different. There is not only discrimination against Christians and Arabs but also Mizrahim Jews. There is discrimination in land ownership, education, unemployment and mean income. At the top of the ladder are the Ashkenazims, followed by the Mizrahim and then at the bottom of the rung the Arabs
Why does the state own 90% of all land in Israel. You still haven't explained why a democratic country would have anti proselytizing laws. I have already given you examples of how Christians have been harassed and intimidated because of it.
Read about land regime and social relations in Israel by:
Alexander (Sandy) Kedar
University of Haifa - Faculty of Law
Oren Yiftachel
Ben-Gurion University of the Negev - Department of Geography and Environmental Development
http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm...
I fully expect to get back to me again stating these are also self hating Jews
Why is it so difficult for non-Jews to obtain citizenship and yet it is given freely to Jews?
The only way it is a democracy is in your dreams. The reality is far different. There is not only discrimination against Christians and Arabs but also Mizrahim Jews. There is discrimination in land ownership, education, unemployment and mean income. At the top of the ladder are the Ashkenazims, followed by the Mizrahim and then at the bottom of the rung the Arabs....

Hey sounds familiar doesn't it ?

Just ask an Australian Aboriginal.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114173 Jan 10, 2014
courteous europhobe wrote:
<quoted text>The only way it is a democracy is in your dreams. The reality is far different. There is not only discrimination against Christians and Arabs but also Mizrahim Jews. There is discrimination in land ownership, education, unemployment and mean income. At the top of the ladder are the Ashkenazims, followed by the Mizrahim and then at the bottom of the rung the Arabs....
Hey sounds familiar doesn't it ?
Just ask an Australian Aboriginal.
Nope it doesn't nothing like what is happening in Israel. No Aboriginal is denied access to purchase land in Australia unlike the Israeli Arabs in Israel. They can buy as much as they like. Israel hold over 90 % of the land in the country. This is not the case in Australia and we are in the process of returning their traditional lands Neither are they stopped from expressing their beliefs like in Israel in regarding their beliefs They don't have anyone telling them who they can and can't marry which is the case in Israel. They have access to the same education, health care facilities etc etc. They also have access to housing which is not available to non indigenous Australians. Neither have we brought in a law that prohibits them from having and expressing their own personal beliefs. We are nothing like Israel so go figure

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114174 Jan 10, 2014
They are also living in Australia unlike most Palestinians who were dispossessed from their homes and land. Australia apologized to the indigenous population which is something that Israel in her hard faced way has never done. Israel also has unfair citizenship laws where here in Australia anyone can apply for Australian citizenship regardless of their religious affiliations. We are a democracy and Israel is a theocracy that favours the Jews above all others. The also discriminate against Christians

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114175 Jan 10, 2014
The young flee Israel because it is a ‘failure’ and ‘xenophobic theocracy’—‘Haaretz’ columnist

Philip Weiss on October 20, 2013 84

An amazing piece on the Israeli reality, by Neri Livneh in Haaretz, reflecting on what a failure it is, how the best young people are leaving. She connects this to Israel’s constitution as a Jewish state, in which Jews are superior to others, and to Yair Lapid’s belief that there is nowhere else in the world for Jews but Israel. The cul-de-sac. Note her lament that she lost a horrifying number of classmates to war. To produce a xenophobic theocracy.

Why isn’t this kind of piece on the cover of the New York Times
Magazine?

http://mondoweiss.net/2013/10/xenophobic-theo...

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114176 Jan 10, 2014
Israeli Arabs face red tape when leasing JNF land
Arab citizens who buy apartments on JNF-owned land have a hard time registering their properties, residents say.
By Jack Khoury | Dec. 23, 2013 | 11:21 AM

Despite state assurances to the contrary, Arab citizens of Israel who buy apartments on land owned by the Jewish National Fund are still having a hard time registering their homes in the Land Registry (Tabu), Arab residents of Carmiel claim.

Nizar Bakri and his brother Qassem both bought apartments in a Carmiel building three years ago and began the process of having the property registered in their names. To their chagrin, while their Jewish neighbors had no problem completing the process in a timely fashion, their apartments have yet to be registered.

The Israel Lands Authority makes no bones about the reason. In a letter Bakri received from the ILA, the agency writes:“At issue is a minority lessee and the land on which the apartments are built belongs to the Jewish National Fund, and there is a need to implement a swap between the authorities. There has been a request to execute what was requested but it will take considerable time.”

The source of the problem is that the fact that the JNF insists that its lands be sold only to Jews, since historically its lands were purchased with money from Jewish donors for the purpose of settling Jews in the Land of Israel.

Read more at:

http://www.haaretz.com/news/national/.premium...

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#114177 Jan 10, 2014
Hello!!!!!!!!. I don't see any indigenous Australians fleeing Australia for a better life
ocxz

Paris, France

#114178 Jan 10, 2014
George wrote:
it's just that you cannot cope with facts.
And to say the Middle east is at war for 5000 years CLICHE is a pure illustration of your ignorance.
No one is here to kill and destroy, stop your paranoia and stop your fake show of concern..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News SAYVILLE: Armed robbery at bank (Aug '08) Jan 14 Chris 20
News After officer's wake, cops nab drug suspect (Mar '09) Jan 11 Crackdown 215
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Jan 10 Joespizzapeter 1,441
Port Times Record Stabs Father Frank in the Back (May '08) Jan 7 Marie 67
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) Jan 5 test 24
Stay out of HOV lane, YES...YOU! Jan 5 Van Buren St Guy 1
Public Safety SCCC Selden Jan 4 Student 10

Centereach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance