Blaming Israel for carnage

Blaming Israel for carnage

There are 121924 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2006, titled Blaming Israel for carnage. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Most media outlets aren't providing news of Israel's barbaric air raids on Lebanon with fairness and integrity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

orion

Cape Town, South Africa

#113549 Jan 1, 2014
It is worth repeating..
There were some 84 000 Jews in Palestine in 1924. There are some 7 million now. Where did they grow them?
In the Negev, under irrigations? Must have consumed a lot of water!
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#113551 Jan 1, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
You seem to keep missing the point europhobe. What was done three hundred years ago was wrong and the Australian government and it's people have made a concerted effort to change their mistake. They have also apologized for their actions. Slavery was around 300 years ago and was wrong. Countries learn by their mistakes and hopefully try to rectify them Israel has done nothing of the kind and the fact that you keep trying to justify what was done 300 years ago in another country to try and justify what Israel has did 60 years ago is pathetic. The indigenous people of Australia are living in their land which is more than can be said for the Palestinians.
The Palestinians are living in the Middeast(and Israel) is that not their land?

----------
May 1, 2012 ... South Australia created the Aboriginal Lands Trust in 1966.... but are denied the right to secure title over their own land for a private house or private business premises...

https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2012/05/the-...

Why doesn't Australia do what you wish done for the Palestinians..to the Australian Aboriginals.....return their lands and their rights?

Time should play no part.
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#113552 Jan 1, 2014
orion wrote:
It is worth repeating..
There were some 84 000 Jews in Palestine in 1924. There are some 7 million now. Where did they grow them?
How many jews lived there roughly a thousand years ago, when it was the Kingdom of Israel?

Some here are time sensitive, to these silly issues.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#113553 Jan 1, 2014
courteous europhobe wrote:
<quoted text> How many jews lived there roughly a thousand years ago, when it was the Kingdom of Israel?
Some here are time sensitive, to these silly issues.
Thank you, this is my point, however the world got to where it is, it should be accepted or a compromise reach immediately so children may learn reading writing and arithmetic instead of what size of vest works for bombs and words like Jihad or infidel, these are children and deserve better. Every country in the world has this situation.

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#113554 Jan 1, 2014
orion wrote:
It is worth repeating..
Many in the UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark are concerned about the growing the number of Muslims in their land, too. Where did they grow them and should they be given the right to stay?

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#113555 Jan 1, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
so can we only bring up the past which suits you?
This whole conflict starts in the past.
Leaerning from mistakes would mean:- Israel has retreated from Gaza, N.WB and S.Lebanon only to have missile hitting its cities. The lesson to learn is stop with the appeasement. They only thing the Arabs understand is strength.
Can you name any time the Palestinians have agreed to the idea of peace with the Jewish state still standing?
There is no legal right of return. Israel offered return after the war 1949 but they refused.
It was the Jews who lived under Dhimmi law as second class citizens on the land. It was the Arabs who started the war with the Jews from the end of WWII, they carried out the first massacres of the indigenous Jewish population who had lived there long before the large majority of the Palestine Arabs.
What legal document states the land as occupied? Read the Geneva convention. Palestine was never a country so has no connection to the legal definition of occupied territory.
Can you give any legal basis in international law which makes the green line a border?
General Armistice Agreement Between Israel & Jordan: April, 3, 1949,
Article II 2. It is also recognized that NO PROVISION OF THIS AGREEMENT SHALL IN ANY WAY PREJUDICE THE RIGHTS, CLAIMS AND POSITIONS OF EITHER PARTY.....
Notice how res 242 speaks of states and no mention of Palestinian Arab state.
Eugene Rostow and Justice Stone both experts in international law make it clear that there is nothing illegal about Israel building in the WB.
so can we only bring up the past which suits you?

A: It has nothing to do with whether or not it suits me but the Palestinian people themselves. They were in the land before the Israelites ever were

This whole conflict starts in the past.

A: That's exactly right and the people who were in the area before the Israelites were the Canaanites, Jebusites and Nabateans and the Philistines

Leaerning from mistakes would mean:- Israel has retreated from Gaza, N.WB and S.Lebanon only to have missile hitting its cities. The lesson to learn is stop with the appeasement. They only thing the Arabs understand is strength.

A; I haven't seen any appeasement from Israel what are you referring to?

Can you name any time the Palestinians have agreed to the idea of peace with the Jewish state still standing?
A: Why should they accept what amounts to offers of gross unfairness?

There is no legal right of return. Israel offered return after the war 1949 but they refused.

A:Of course there is a right to return. That was one of the provisos of Israel being accepted into the UN. Regarding the return of the refugees that you refer to it was a token gesture by Israel of accepting 100,000 people conditional on Israel 'retaining all present territory" What about the other 650,000 refugees who were expelled?

It was the Jews who lived under Dhimmi law as second class citizens on the land. It was the Arabs who started the war with the Jews from the end of WWII, they carried out the first massacres of the indigenous Jewish population who had lived there long before the large majority of the Palestine Arabs.

A: You need to ask yourself why the wars were started. The Jews were in the minority and chose to stay in those areas, no one forced them to stay. The Israelis were terrorizing and systematically cleansing Palestine prior to its unilateral declaration of independence in 1948 Over 386 villages were affected

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#113556 Jan 1, 2014
<quoted text>The Palestinians are living in the Middeast(and Israel) is that not their land?
----------
May 1, 2012 ... South Australia created the Aboriginal Lands Trust in 1966.... but are denied the right to secure title over their own land for a private house or private business premises...
https://quadrant.org.au/magazine/2012/05/the-...
Why doesn't Australia do what you wish done for the Palestinians..to the Australian Aboriginals.....return their lands and their rights?
Time should play no part.
In Australia time doesn't play a part and matters are still ongoing.

Are you now trying to split hair by saying the Middle East? They were expelled from Palestine so why bring the rest of the middle Eastern countries into the equation. They weren't living in other areas of the Middle East

In relation to the indigenous people of Australia are they all living in Australia or as they living in other countries in the Pacific area? Do you now see my point? What I am suggesting is that the Palestinians should be allowed to go back to the area that they were expelled from. The differences between the Palestinians and the indigenous people of Australia are that they are all living in Australia and the indigenous Australians are also being compensated and land is being returned to them as your own link has shown. What has Israel done to accommodate the Palestinians through compensation and the right of return.?

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#113557 Jan 1, 2014
Zioni wrote:
<quoted text>
As far as the peace process goes, how can that occur when Palestinians continue to attack Jews on a daily basis with rocks and firebombs, Jews can't enter 99% of Arab areas for fear for their life, Palestinian education system and its leaders both encourage violence against Jews, there are intentional murders by Palestinians on a regular basis, missiles are being fired at Israeli cities, Hamas and Fatah are not united apart from their extermination agenda, There have been no elections for years, all Palestinians documentation is incitement to violence or hatred.
Abbas said not one Jew would be allowed to reside in Palestine.
Palestinian lebanese Amb stated that even with a state the Pal 'refugees' in the WB and Gaza will not be given citizenship as they will be used as a tool to finish Israel off.
Palestinian leader said this year if they had a nuke they would use it on Israel.
and that is just scratching the surface.
They deny Jewish history on the land, call Jewish building a cancer, and ask for more every-time they are given what they asked for originally.
Abbas is a mass murderer who was involved in the Munich Massacre amongst other terror attacks and admitted live on tv that he sends terrorists to kill Jews.
Can you name anything peaceful the Palestinians have ever done?
How can you support a society which calls to kill Jews, Christians, oppresses Homosexuals, no freedom of speech, glorifies terrorism, and so on.
You do realize that the large majority of Palestinians are under Palestinian rule and live in areas controlled by the Palestinian Authority. Most of the Oslo Accord has been fulfilled by Israel what part of it have the Palestinians followed?
You have just asked the same question that I put out there re the Jews. You are stating that Abbas is a mass murderer and yet what were the Irgun, the Palmach and the Lehi in the 1940's Who was it that attacked the British if not Jewish terrorist groups?

I would ask you the same question how can you support a country that was built on terrorism, death, destruction and the stealing of others property that today continues to deny equality to the refugees and in most cases denies them the right to return

What I do realize is that the Israeli Arabs in Israel are discriminated against and that Israel calls herself a democracy when in fact what she actually is is an ethnocracy

As far as the Oslo accord goes I need to read up more on it before making a comment

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#113558 Jan 1, 2014
Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
Many in the UK, France, Netherlands, Sweden and Denmark are concerned about the growing the number of Muslims in their land, too. Where did they grow them and should they be given the right to stay?
In most cases the large numbers have come about through immigration. It could also be due to the fact that Muslims have large families unlike Western women and it is not unusual for the wives to just stay home and breed. Men can also have up to 4 wives as opposed to most in the west having one. Western women tend to combine a career and child rearing
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#113559 Jan 1, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
then why not be a bit more patient with Israel?

Aussies have had three hundred years to deny Aboriginals their land,,.Israel less then a third of that ,...remember?

----------
----------

Location hidden

#113560 Jan 1, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Are you now trying to split hair by saying the Middle East? They were expelled from Palestine so why bring the rest of the middle Eastern countries into the equation. They weren't living in other areas of the Middle East
In relation to the indigenous people of Australia are they all living in Australia or as they living in other countries in the Pacific area? Do you now see my point? What I am suggesting is that the Palestinians should be allowed to go back to the area that they were expelled from. The differences between the Palestinians and the indigenous people of Australia are that they are all living in Australia and the indigenous Australians are also being compensated and land is being returned to them as your own link has shown. What has Israel done to accommodate the Palestinians through compensation and the right of return.?
The size of Israel and the hostility, chaos and intolerance surrounding its borders speaks for itself. The Arab Middle East has been hostile and continues to be hostile to all religions other than Islam. Israel has a right to protect and defend itself.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#113561 Jan 1, 2014
<quoted text>then why not be a bit more patient with Israel?
Aussies have had three hundred years to deny Aboriginals their land,,.Israel less then a third of that ,...remember?
----------
----------

-
I don't begrudge Israel the land that she has, what I don't agree with is the fact that she will not share it with the people who were there before her. It is not affecting me but the Palestinians. As far as the indigenous people of Australia goes I feel for their plight as well and things are changing due to people such as me lobbying the government on their behalf

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#113562 Jan 1, 2014
Jim Justice wrote:
<quoted text>
The size of Israel and the hostility, chaos and intolerance surrounding its borders speaks for itself. The Arab Middle East has been hostile and continues to be hostile to all religions other than Islam. Israel has a right to protect and defend itself.
With due respect Jim they chose to go to a Muslim dominated area to build their national home, and due to their actions against the local inhabitants at that time they are now reaping what they themselves dished out on their arrival

An NFL Fan

“Brevity is the soule of wit”

Since: May 09

USA

#113563 Jan 1, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
With due respect Jim they chose to go to a Muslim dominated area to build their national home, and due to their actions against the local inhabitants at that time they are now reaping what they themselves dished out on their arrival
Nonsense. Countries have been established with the disapproval of one group or another throughout history. Does that explain why Syrians are butchering Syrians? Why Arabs kill Persians?
George

Red Deer, Canada

#113564 Jan 1, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't begrudge Israel the land that she has, what I don't agree with is the fact that she will not share it with the people who were there before her. It is not affecting me but the Palestinians. As far as the indigenous people of Australia goes I feel for their plight as well and things are changing due to people such as me lobbying the government on their behalf
Maybe a trust should be organized with Syria to surrender some land about the size of Israel which is quite small and would not change the situation in Syria at all, and that territory can be the next Palestine. My friend just returned from Israel from a holiday there and said he had an awesome holiday and he is not Jewish. I asked if there was much conflict with the Arabs and he said he had talked to a lot of Palestinian Arabs working in Israel and they joke about the conflict on how the world makes more out of it than they do. They did not bear any dislike for Israel nor the government but did get annoyed at bombs that landed close to their shops that came from the Palestinian area but did not hate them either. So maybe a good sit down is in order and a constructive meeting with Israel, Palestine and Syria in the hope of organizing a future with good neighbors.

Location hidden

#113565 Jan 1, 2014
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Many also came from Muslim dominated lands and came to the partitioned area to escape persecution and jizya.Coptic Christians in Egypt, still experience persecution although they were Egypt's original inhabitants. The purpose of the partition, which also created Syria, Jordan and Lebanon, was to give people autonomy. What "they themselves dished out" was apparently a need to survive and avoid the fate of the Baha'i, Armenian Christians or Hindus in Kashmir.
George

Red Deer, Canada

#113566 Jan 1, 2014
An NFL Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
Nonsense. Countries have been established with the disapproval of one group or another throughout history. Does that explain why Syrians are butchering Syrians? Why Arabs kill Persians?
I think countries have to have stronger rules for immigrants with stronger qualifications and rules of moving to a country. Maybe should include comments on number of children, acceptance to existing rules and on and on so that new immigrants become better citizens and accepted by the country.

An NFL Fan

USA

#113572 Jan 1, 2014
samuellandluck wrote:
<quoted text>
Getting into political debate with yourself doesn't explain why terrorist Sharon and Netanyahoo are killers of children and women who posed no threat other than throwing rocks at the cowardly drivers of tanks, or why 80% of Palestinian homes and land has been robbed by Nazi Jews .... now does it?
'killers of children'
LOL! You're a paranoid, desperate sort of cretin, aren't you, little man?

An NFL Fan

USA

#113575 Jan 1, 2014
samuellandluck wrote:
<quoted text>
400 children murdered in 200
Now worm-face ... get back to talking to yourself ...it's rather amusing
Having a mood swing today, little racist? How about some more of your Bible quotes?

They're watching and you can feel them, can't you?

Location hidden

#113576 Jan 1, 2014
samuellandluck wrote:
<quoted text>
400 children murdered in 2009 (January) alone Fanny.... and you know it .. how long do you think you can defend the indefensible .... eh Ratty? Sharon will have a lot of explaining to when called to account soon. Natanyahu .. the satanic butcher of Tel An Evil ... another more than happy to kill chidren and youth .... not mention robbing their parents blindly of their land and homes...
Now worm-face ... get back to talking to yourself ...it's rather amusing
You constantly defend the murder of children in Syria, which is no surprise since you are a ranting lunatic. You are steeped in one-sided hatred and will reap what you sow.

Tell us how you, and you alone, are able to hear the word of God. Tell us about the voices and of your numerous hospitalizations for psychiatric issues. Tell us why you are chronically unemployed and why you are so uncomfortable within your skin. Tell us why they watch, record and conspire against you. These issues explain your distorted reality and sick fixation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Fire Island: Ocean Beach (Jun '07) Sat Negoish 2
S Prestano Bakery Sat Julia 32
News SCPD Video: Suspect Made Off With $2300 in iPho... Sep 19 Kingriker 1
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) Sep 14 Former Resident 33
Ronkonkomo Sep 14 SmokinJoe 1
Farmingville, NY (Jul '10) Sep 14 SmokinJoe 37
News Seattle's mayor resigns after 5th sex abuse cla... Sep 14 MR EMMETT TILL. 20

Centereach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centereach Mortgages