Blaming Israel for carnage

Blaming Israel for carnage

There are 121862 comments on the Fort Worth Star-Telegram story from Jul 22, 2006, titled Blaming Israel for carnage. In it, Fort Worth Star-Telegram reports that:

Most media outlets aren't providing news of Israel's barbaric air raids on Lebanon with fairness and integrity.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#112733 Dec 23, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
BTW what happened over over three hundred years ago in Australia and when slavery was still around in the world is today no longer accepted or tolerated by western democracies. The fact that Israel did this just over 60 years ago doesn't make them any less culpable by trying to compare them with what happened hundreds of years ago. We now have international human rights and have moved on since then in most cases
So there's a time line for making the theft of Indigenous peoples lands acceptable.

I see,,

if I or you were Israeli >>shouldn't we try and hold on to the land for just a few more generations until the acquisition was seen as acceptable by people such as yourself? Correct?

The 1975 Commonwealth Racial Discrimination Act made it illegal to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin. Its purpose was to protect everyone's human rights. The Act specifically outlawed racial discrimination in the provision of access to certain places and to accommodation, and in the provision of goods and services.

A subsequent Commonwealth Act was passed which overrode State and Territory laws which allowed the property of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders to be controlled without their consent.

Even with the changes to Commonwealth laws and, later, changes to State laws, citizenship rights were not guaranteed. Local administrators and officials often perpetuated discrimination. Countless life stories have been published which recount the forcible removal of Aboriginal children from their families by state authorities, the dispersal of communities by municipal authorities, the exclusion of Aboriginal children from school by educational authorities, the denial of the right to vote by electoral officials, and the refusal by municipal authorities to provide basic amenities and access to many other aspects of civic life.

Today Aboriginal people have the same citizenship rights as other Australians. Technically they are equal. Despite this, their life expectancy is almost twenty years less than that of other Australians and their infant mortality rate is more than double the mortality rate of non-indigenous Australians. Their school retention and graduation rates are lower and their rates of unemployment are higher. Indigenous Australians are ten times more likely to be imprisoned than non-indigenous Australians. There has been only one Aboriginal judge and one Aboriginal magistrate in the justice system and only two Aboriginal senators in the Commonwealth parliament. Inequities such as these suggest that it requires more than legal, structural and economic changes to guarantee full citizenship rights.
courteous europhobe

Plymouth, NH

#112734 Dec 23, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
They are but a minority compared to those who where expelled. What about the others who have a right to return?
Expulsion??? Widespread -In Australias case.

Victoria enacted the Aboriginal Protection Act while democratic reforms were being introduced for the white population, such as the extension of the franchise from the wealthy to all adult males and the provision of free public education. In contrast, Aboriginal people were losing their freedom. In 1871 the Board developed controls over where people could live and work, what they could do and who they could meet or marry. They removed Aboriginal children from their families, starting the process that created the Stolen Generation.

In 1886, Victoria's parliament passed what became known as the Half-Caste Act and started to remove Aboriginal people of mixed descent, known as 'half-castes', from the Aboriginal stations or reserves to force them to assimilate into white society. These expulsions separated families and communities, causing distress and leading to protest. Nevertheless the Board refused to assist the expelled people. It was assumed that the expulsions would lead to the decline in the population of the reserves and their eventual closure.

When will the Aboriginals of Australia have the "right" to return

Sheilaa

Since: Jun 12

Location hidden

#112735 Dec 23, 2013
courteous europhobe wrote:
<quoted text>So there's a time line for making the theft of Indigenous peoples lands acceptable.
I see,,
if I or you were Israeli >>shouldn't we try and hold on to the land for just a few more generations until the acquisition was seen as acceptable by people such as yourself? Correct?
The 1975 Commonwealth Racial Discrimination Act made it illegal to discriminate against anyone on the grounds of race, colour, descent or national or ethnic origin. Its purpose was to protect everyone's human rights. The Act specifically outlawed racial discrimination in the provision of access to certain places and to accommodation, and in the provision of goods and services.
A subsequent Commonwealth Act was passed which overrode State and Territory laws which allowed the property of Aboriginal people and Torres Strait Islanders to be controlled without their consent.
Even with the changes to Commonwealth laws and, later, changes to State laws, citizenship rights were not guaranteed. Local administrators and officials often perpetuated discrimination. Countless life stories have been published which recount the forcible removal of Aboriginal children from their families by state authorities, the dispersal of communities by municipal authorities, the exclusion of Aboriginal children from school by educational authorities, the denial of the right to vote by electoral officials, and the refusal by municipal authorities to provide basic amenities and access to many other aspects of civic life.
Today Aboriginal people have the same citizenship rights as other Australians. Technically they are equal. Despite this, their life expectancy is almost twenty years less than that of other Australians and their infant mortality rate is more than double the mortality rate of non-indigenous Australians. Their school retention and graduation rates are lower and their rates of unemployment are higher. Indigenous Australians are ten times more likely to be imprisoned than non-indigenous Australians. There has been only one Aboriginal judge and one Aboriginal magistrate in the justice system and only two Aboriginal senators in the Commonwealth parliament. Inequities such as these suggest that it requires more than legal, structural and economic changes to guarantee full citizenship rights.
No I don't think that you do see. Trying to use Australia to assuage your feelings of guilt over what Israel has done and continues to do by building in the occupied terrotories and by comparing the two situations is transparent at best and is the only way you have of deflecting away from the topic at hand

Like I stated earlier the indigenous people of Australia-ALL of them, live in Australia.. They have the right to vote and have done since 1965. They have access to free health care services that all Australians have access to as they do to education. Some choose not to avail themselves of the services provided. The reasons that they are 10 times more likely to be imprisoned is due to alcohol abuse. As a nurse that has worked in the remote areas of Australia as well as the prison system I have been involved in providing care for them. You can't help people that don't want help.On the other hand there are indigenous Australians that have thrived such as artists, singers, educationalists, activists etc etc

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112736 Dec 23, 2013
courteous europhobe wrote:
<quoted text>
Expulsion??? Widespread -In Australias case.
Victoria enacted the Aboriginal Protection Act while democratic reforms were being introduced for the white population, such as the extension of the franchise from the wealthy to all adult males and the provision of free public education. In contrast, Aboriginal people were losing their freedom. In 1871 the Board developed controls over where people could live and work, what they could do and who they could meet or marry. They removed Aboriginal children from their families, starting the process that created the Stolen Generation.
In 1886, Victoria's parliament passed what became known as the Half-Caste Act and started to remove Aboriginal people of mixed descent, known as 'half-castes', from the Aboriginal stations or reserves to force them to assimilate into white society. These expulsions separated families and communities, causing distress and leading to protest. Nevertheless the Board refused to assist the expelled people. It was assumed that the expulsions would lead to the decline in the population of the reserves and their eventual closure.
When will the Aboriginals of Australia have the "right" to return
They are already living in Australia aso I am not sure what your point is. You keep going back to the 1870 and 1880's instead of dealing with the present time. Let's talk about now and tell me what is Israel doing to further the return of the refugees

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112737 Dec 23, 2013
*so

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112738 Dec 23, 2013
EVEN THE US CONSIDERS THAT THE ISRAELI SETTLEMENTS ARE ILLEGAL

Kerry: US considers Israeli settlements to be 'illegitimate'

By REUTERS, KHALED ABU TOAMEH

11/06/2013 17:36

BETHLEHEM - US Secretary of State John Kerry urged Israel on Wednesday to limit settlement building, an issue that is weighing on Israeli-Palestinian peace talks.

Friction over the talks has risen this past week on the back of Israeli plans, announced in tandem with its release of 26 Palestinian prisoners, for some 3,500 new homes for settlers in the West Bank and east Jerusalem.

"Let me emphasize at this point the position of the United States of America on the settlements is that we consider them... to be illegitimate," Kerry said after discussions with Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas.

Kerry made the comments in responding to Palestinian frustration over Israeli settlement construction in the West Bank and stressed that "at no time" did the Palestinians agree to accept the settlements as a part of a negotiated peace accord.

Read more at:

http://www.jpost.com/Middle-East/Kerry-US-con...

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112739 Dec 23, 2013
The international community considers the establishment of Israeli settlements in the Israeli-occupied territories illegal under international law but Israel maintains that they are consistent with international law because it does not agree that the Fourth Geneva Convention applies to the territories occupied in the 1967 Six-Day War. The United Nations Security Council, the United Nations General Assembly, the International Committee of the Red Cross, the International Court of Justice and the High Contracting Parties to the Convention have all affirmed that the Fourth Geneva Convention does apply.

It seems that all but Israel agree that the Israeli occupied territories are illegal why is this no surprise?????
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#112744 Dec 23, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Jeremiah 23:3
"I MYSELF will gather the remnant of my flock out of all the countries where I have driven them and will bring them back to their pasture, where they will be fruitful and increase in number.
Only God knows who these people are
Jeremiah 33:6-18 A day will come when the Lord will regather the dispersed of both Judah and Israel and will save a great remnant. At that time the Lord "will cause a righteous Branch of David to spring forth; and He shall execute justice and righteousness on the earth."
Zechariah10:8-9 "I will whistle for them and gather them in,for I have redeemed them,
and they shall be as many as they were before.Though I scattered them among the nations,
yet in far countries they shall remember me,and with their children they shall live and return.
He will do this Himself, and this will be at the time that JESUS, returns to rule and reign. Only then will Israel live in true safety, with no more enemies to attack them. Only then will God show Himself holy, in person, to all the nations. Here are two more passages that seem to corroborate these things
Ezekiel 28:26They will live there in safety and will build houses and plant vineyards; they will live in safety when I inflict punishment on all their neighbors who maligned them. Then they will know that I am the LORD their God."
man
Have all of the Jews recognized God as being their holy God?. The answer would be no
Have all the Jews kept or are keeping God's holy commands. The answer would be no
Only when Jesus returns will this occur. You also asked me about the temple and who would build it. Why does it need to be men who build it and not be built divinely at the time of the return of Jesus?
You also stated that the current Jews that have returned will never leave Israel again.When
Israel is attacked by the Gog and Magog forces many in Jerusalem and Israel will be captured and taken into exile (Zechariah 14:2)
Your requirements haven't been met? Maybe your requirements are wrong.
You got that whole gog and magog thing out of one verse? What an imagination you have. Mystic like.The scriptures prove you to be a liar though. Why do that?
It is obvious you don't know who or what gog and magog are. They are not two nations but they are in scripture.

Zechariah 14 :1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#112745 Dec 23, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you? You claim to know it all and think I know nothing
Oh what a humble liar you are. You posted it db.
USA Born

Claremont, CA

#112746 Dec 23, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
I think that there will be a physical church during the millennial reign of Jesus. Once that is over and their are no more mortals I don't think it will be necessary. There wasn't one in the Garden of Eden when man was first created
Hmm. A little new age and a little mystic.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112747 Dec 23, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
You got that whole gog and magog thing out of one verse? What an imagination you have. Mystic like.The scriptures prove you to be a liar though. Why do that?
It is obvious you don't know who or what gog and magog are. They are not two nations but they are in scripture.
Zechariah 14 :1 Behold, the day of the LORD cometh, and thy spoil shall be divided in the midst of thee.
2 For I will gather all nations against Jerusalem to battle; and the city shall be taken, and the houses rifled, and the women ravished; and half of the city shall go forth into captivity, and the residue of the people shall not be cut off from the city.
3 Then shall the LORD go forth, and fight against those nations, as when he fought in the day of battle.
4 And his feet shall stand in that day upon the mount of Olives, which is before Jerusalem on the east, and the mount of Olives shall cleave in the midst thereof toward the east and toward the west, and there shall be a very great valley; and half of the mountain shall remove toward the north, and half of it toward the south.
5 And ye shall flee to the valley of the mountains; for the valley of the mountains shall reach unto Azal: yea, ye shall flee, like as ye fled from before the earthquake in the days of Uzziah king of Judah: and the LORD my God shall come, and all the saints with thee.
6 And it shall come to pass in that day, that the light shall not be clear, nor dark:
Don't try and tell me how to suck eggs. Gog is the leader of Magog.Historical accounts point to Magog being Russia. I'll deal with what else you have posted when I return from the shops

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112748 Dec 23, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
What requirements are you referring to ?

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112749 Dec 23, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh what a humble liar you are. You posted it db.
What am I lying about?? Is db a Christian phrase or abbreviation?

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112750 Dec 23, 2013
USA Born wrote:
<quoted text>
Hmm. A little new age and a little mystic.
Are you posting about your own outlook on things?
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#112751 Dec 24, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yours is worth even less so go figure.. Take some anatomy classes whilst you're at it .Your lack of knowledge in anatomy is worse than you lack of knowledge of "English"
Just exactly how many other languages you speak retard??
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#112752 Dec 24, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
Yawn. What a bore you are, never anything constructive to say just pure crap!!!!!!!!!!1
I am talking to a piece of crap so there u go. Yep, pure crap.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112754 Dec 24, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Just exactly how many other languages you speak retard??
Portuguese, German although not fluently and of course English. What about you retard

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112755 Dec 24, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
I am talking to a piece of crap so there u go. Yep, pure crap.ith
That's what happens when you suffer with Alzheimer's disease as you appear to do. You forget what you have already vomited out.. LOL
Uzi

Herzliya, Israel

#112756 Dec 24, 2013
Sheilaa wrote:
<quoted text>
There's no need to be sorry to me. I was not affected by what Israel did.The only apology that you have showed me is that of Israel apologizing for their actions re the flotilla. The difference between Israel and Australia is the fact that the indigenous Australians are still living in Australia. That cannot be said for the indigenous Palestinians
Lies wont help u here little nazislamist propaganda bitch. Most of the arabs still live in Israel happy as a muslim pig in shit. Those that left good bye. Lies lies and more lies. Bullshit bullshit and more bullshit. Here u will convince noone and nazis dont need u either. Stop infesting Aussie with ur retarded shit. Go home racist apartheid supporting bitch from Englandistan. WTF are u doing in Gibraltar?? Is that part of Englandistan too?? Falkland Islands too??? Go preach ur shit elswhere vermin.

Sheilaa

Location hidden

#112758 Dec 24, 2013
Uzi wrote:
<quoted text>
Lies wont help u here little nazislamist propaganda bitch. Most of the arabs still live in Israel happy as a muslim pig in shit. Those that left good bye. Lies lies and more lies. Bullshit bullshit and more bullshit. Here u will convince noone and nazis dont need u either. Stop infesting Aussie with ur retarded shit. Go home racist apartheid supporting bitch from Englandistan. WTF are u doing in Gibraltar?? Is that part of Englandistan too?? Falkland Islands too??? Go preach ur shit elswhere vermin.
Your effort at trying to entertain me and educate me has failed so buzz off and stop boring me dummy. I'm not going anywhere. I intend to stay here so I can keep putting the piss on you like you deserve. Right??? Right. Now scoot!!!!!!!!!!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Fairharbor Owners (Feb '15) 22 hr Happy owner 41
News DA: Port Jefferson woman gave pot brownie to 4-... Sun Lucy lou 1
News Store owner charged in sale of fake Gibson guit... (Sep '07) Sun P Malone 54
The loud music is out control in Brentwood (Aug '14) Sun Puffnstuff 13
Update: Heartland has passed, construction to b... Sat Islip Resident 38
News Sayville food pantry waiting on Islip Town to m... Apr 20 Baby Tom Risley 77
ross Apr 20 Music 1

Centereach Jobs

Personal Finance

Centereach Mortgages