Gay Friendly Sayville?
Peter Cheeks

Fort Myers, FL

#1 Aug 26, 2014
I'm considering moving to Sayville, and heard there used to be a gay bar right next to a Friendlys on main st!

Also, apparently there are regular ferries to the gay beaches on Fire Island.

Please tell me other ways in which Sayville is gay friendly.
Uncle Reamus

Glasgow, KY

#2 Aug 30, 2014
All of Long Island is very VERY gay,'cause everyone's so used to taking it up the poopchute from the tax man!
Gayville

United States

#3 Oct 21, 2014
Hi Peter,

You seem pretty familiar with the area! Maybe we can get familiar with each other's areas if you move here ;)

Sadly, The Bunkhouse is closed. You're right though, that it was right next door to a Friendly's!

Doesn't get much gayer than that you think?

Sayville's school color is teletubby PURPLE!

You're also right about the ferries! They're full of hot guys, of all ages. Most of the Sayville Fire Department are gay, and ride the ferry.

It's the quaintest, gayest little town I've ever seen! There are more gay people here than anywhere else in NY. Tons of closeted "straight" soccer dads too that love to hook up!

-Brian
GayFriendly

Sayville, NY

#4 Apr 17, 2015
Peter Cheeks wrote:
I'm considering moving to Sayville, and heard there used to be a gay bar right next to a Friendlys on main st!
Also, apparently there are regular ferries to the gay beaches on Fire Island.
Please tell me other ways in which Sayville is gay friendly.
Gay-Friendly? I'd think so, it's straight across Fire Island. But, Fire Island is seasonal, and frankly, I don't see a lot of outright gays/lesbians here, perhaps my gaydar is not as sharp as it used to be. My point is, most people I've come across are straight or straight-acting, so I've not witnessed any blatant homophobic activities over here. As for gay bars, the entire Long Island (excluding the seasonal Fire Island) hardly has any (you can count them with one hand), and there's none in Sayville. NYC will be your best bet, but it's a long drive or a long ride on the MTA.

Best of luck!
GayFriendly

Sayville, NY

#5 Apr 17, 2015
Gayville wrote:
Hi Peter,
You seem pretty familiar with the area! Maybe we can get familiar with each other's areas if you move here ;)
Sadly, The Bunkhouse is closed. You're right though, that it was right next door to a Friendly's!
Doesn't get much gayer than that you think?
Sayville's school color is teletubby PURPLE!
You're also right about the ferries! They're full of hot guys, of all ages. Most of the Sayville Fire Department are gay, and ride the ferry.
It's the quaintest, gayest little town I've ever seen! There are more gay people here than anywhere else in NY. Tons of closeted "straight" soccer dads too that love to hook up!
-Brian
And where do you meet these soccer dads? I need to open my eyes more.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Angie Carpenter, Islip supervisor, optimistic a... (May '15) Thu Enoch 15
Review: Long Island Academy Of Dance (Oct '08) Thu dancer 13
News Binghamton man charged in 2010 murder on Longa Thu Cletus 4
Patchogue, May 24, 1960 (Jul '13) Wed Frank Lambert 5
Louis Volpe (Aug '14) Apr 25 zzz 15
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) Apr 24 Bill Albano 1,414
News Arrest Report: DWI, Criminal Possession (Nov '11) Apr 24 BIue Iady 20
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centereach Mortgages