Centereach home burnt to a shell Thursday -

Full story: Newsday 126
A Centereach home was burnt to a shell Thursday morning, leaving one family with almost nothing but the clothes on their back. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
very sad

Colts Neck, NJ

#130 Sep 18, 2008
Took a walk the other day and noticed the house is completely gone with a fence around it. Anyone know if they're going to rebuild and why it's taking so long? I'm guessing the insurance company is withholding the payout pending an investigation...anyone know?
I feel so bad for the family.
WAKE UP

White Plains, NY

#131 Sep 18, 2008
Gretel wrote:
Ok really do you people not have a life???? If you need something to do you can either start to rebuild this poor families home or go volunter at the hospital or something. Did this faimly not suffer enough??? Who really cares how it started or why??? Two little boys watched there house burn down and all of their favorite toys are now gone!!! Do any of you think about them as you are all speculating as to who did this. Really this neighborhood needs to stop with the gossip. That is what makes a neighborhood "gehtto". This poor family has not had a place to live for almost a year. It has just been one thing after another for them. Having to pay for a place to live while still having to pay for a place that is not even there any more. Can you imagine how the kids feel about that as you seat in your comfy home infront of your computer? The family is trying very hard to deal with what happened to and to move on. When they finially return to the home I really hope that everyone welcomes them back and does not treat them like they are quarentined. Have of what was written on this blog was not true. Nothing it fire proof no matter what it says. If the police can not figure out what happened then neither can any of you! None of you talked to this family before it happened and now you all want to be the nosie neighbors! That is disgusting!
It's so PATHETIC that you say.."who cares how it started or why?"..........I GUESS YOU DON'T THINK ABOUT THE INNOCENT FIREMEN WHO HAVE TO RISK THEIR LIVES PUTTING OUT FIRES. What happens to the families of firemen lost in fires that were started by arsonists? What about the neighbors who could have been injured or killed by the fire? Try to think of the danger that the arsonist put these VOLUNTEERS and innocent people in. Maybe you shouldn't be so inconsiderate.
very sad

Colts Neck, NJ

#132 Sep 19, 2008
Gretel,
There are many of us who feel for the family; I would be devestated if that happened to my home. Thank God that no one was hurt!
But we should be concerned with HOW it started so we can either punish the arsonist OR learn from it.
I can't get over how it is an ENTIRE year later and they are not rebuilding. I'm guessing the family is gone for good from our neighborhood (I'm very sorry to say).
Paid Firefighters

Rockville Centre, NY

#133 Dec 29, 2009
Bottom line is that long island should have a paid department in most towns. This is the reason for slow response times. If you look at most suburban areas surrounding major cities almost ALL have a paid department. I don't applaud volunteers. I think as long as you have people who are willing to do a job for free you will never convince legislators to have a paid department. The people that are volunteering are actually hindering long island from getting what it deserves...a paid department,
Ted

United States

#134 Aug 3, 2011
So what became of the investigation and the family and this property?
Nina Weber

United States

#135 Sep 27, 2013
Very sad, however, we should all pray for that family and somehow help this family with exprenses. I am sure there are people in that town that will help. Most people are good.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 1 hr Osama Bin Laden 118,225
you left your dog behind 2 hr patchogue resident 5
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 15 hr henu 6,429
Review: Face Off Racing (Feb '10) Mon rob 210
Who is Arty Price Mon Cher 1
Lingering scars of a fateful night (Mar '07) Sep 12 You Lied 46
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Sep 12 Stan Stasiak 16,786
•••

Centereach News Video

•••
•••

Centereach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••
•••

Centereach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE