Tips helped rescue abused dog

Tips helped rescue abused dog

There are 87 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 26, 2007, titled Tips helped rescue abused dog. In it, Newsday reports that:

Worldwide attention and a $20,000 reward from anonymous donors across the country led to the rescue of Red, the 6-month-old puppy whose owner, Derick Phanord, was arrested for dousing another of his dogs, ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Faust

Addison, TX

#1 Jul 26, 2007
This Phonard smuck should just be shot as he's nothing but worthless.

And of course us tax payers will get stuck with his Public Defender bills.
Rose

Omaha, NE

#2 Jul 26, 2007
This is horrible...This guy has a 20,000. bail and it's well deserved. Then you have Michael Vick who just pled not guilty to the dogfighting charges and he gets out and he doesn't have to pay and bail/bond. Makes no sense to me. I know this guy burned his dog. From what i read Vick has killed 8 dogs. He's also teaching these dogs to be aggressive god forbid someone is by the property they'd get mauled.
Cheryl Campbell

Dallas, GA

#3 Jul 26, 2007
I am so saddened when I read these stories. I cannot understand the debth of someone's cruelty to one of god's gift, our pets. These people are nothing less than satan. I believe an eye-for-an-eye, let's see how this person would react if the same cruelty was inflicted on them!

“Back & Better Than Ever”

Since: Dec 06

East Meadow, New York

#4 Jul 26, 2007
I would love 5 minutes alone in a room with this P.O.S. I may be little but I would rip him to shreds, I have such anger towards him, I can't even think about poor Maximu/Spike without crying.
concerned

Spring Valley, NY

#5 Jul 26, 2007
I would like to know how much jail time this guy gets.
MAD AS HELL

Orange Park, FL

#6 Jul 26, 2007
concerned wrote:
I would like to know how much jail time this guy gets.
UNFORTUNATELY, THE MOST HE'LL GET IS 2 YEARS FOR THIS CASE AND HOPEFULLY MORE FOR THE ADDED CHARGES OF THIS OTHER PUPPY. HE COULD ALSO GET A FINE FOR UP TO $5,000.00.
NOT ENOUGH
NW Reader

Portland, OR

#7 Jul 26, 2007
I would like to find this guy alone. I won't go into what I'd do to the creep, but he'd be requiring emergency medical care once he got loose.
NW Reader

Portland, OR

#8 Jul 26, 2007
Also, shouldn't other members of his family be held accountable? You know they had to at least know that Red was inside that shed. The whole family sounds evil.
Vintu

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jul 26, 2007
I hope you find a good home Red.I wish I could take you but they say you'd be better off in a home without dogs and I already have three.I wish for you a home where you can get all the love and compassion you deserve. May your life be long and happy Red.
Vintu

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jul 26, 2007
East Meadow Girl wrote:
I would love 5 minutes alone in a room with this P.O.S. I may be little but I would rip him to shreds, I have such anger towards him, I can't even think about poor Maximu/Spike without crying.
http://rainbowsbridge.com/resi dents/MAXIM010/Resident.htm
Maximus's Rainbow Residency at RainbowsBridge.com
Frederick Bedell

Highland Falls, NY

#11 Jul 26, 2007
I am appalled at the burning and abuse of Maximus. We need stricker legislation to punish those who abuse and kill animals. I have a dog named Jack and if anyone would hurt him, I would be heart broken for he is a member of our immediate family.
Lori

Armonk, NY

#12 Jul 26, 2007
Phanord deserves to be spit on and set on fire.
Jackie

Swedesboro, NJ

#13 Jul 26, 2007
I AM GLAD THAT RED IS IN GOOD HANDS NOW AND WILL HOPEFULLY FIND A GREAT NEW HOME. RIP MAXIMUS
animal lover
#14 Jul 26, 2007
I think this Phanord just likes to kill animals. He was probably trying to get these two dogs to fight and they wouldn't do what he wanted, so he got back at them. Anyone can get updates on his case at:
http://www.courts.state.ny.us/courts/10jd/suf...

click on "Central Islip Criminal and Traffic Dockets", then log in as a guest.
Deb

Astoria, NY

#15 Jul 26, 2007
Red is in GREAT hands at the Animal Hospital of Centereach. Dr. Greco is an amazing person and excellent vet.
nhschaboom

Hanover, NH

#16 Jul 26, 2007
He should be delete the same as he treated his dogs. Locked in a wood shed till almost starved and then only as he is taking his last breath,lite the shed. We waste some much time and the courts on people that are a waste to society. Eliminate him!
Tonks

United States

#17 Jul 26, 2007
I cannot begin to imagine that someone could show such depraved indifference to a living thing. My heart breaks for that poor dog - at last he is receiving the unconditional love he deserved to be getting during his short life.
Punishment

Stamford, CT

#18 Jul 26, 2007
Horrific crime! This is where punishment should fit the crime. Let's tie him up with a tethered leash. Pour gasoline on him and set him on fire...oh and leave him a small shed for several days without food.
a Lindy animal lover-too

Rockville Centre, NY

#19 Jul 26, 2007
Punishment wrote:
Horrific crime! This is where punishment should fit the crime. Let's tie him up with a tethered leash. Pour gasoline on him and set him on fire...oh and leave him a small shed for several days without food.
I totally agree with you!! Let the punishment fit the crime. This waste of skin should be tied to a tree and left to burn to death, too...only after he's been starved in a shed for a few days. People (and I use the term loosely in regards to this guy) like him should burn in hell.
May he Rot in Hell

Levittown, NY

#20 Jul 26, 2007
How about we throw bleach and gasoline on this Phanny Piece of S*it and light him on fire and have him tell us how it feels- We need stiffer penalties for people who do these terrible things to animals....

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
carlton park (Oct '10) 2 hr joeflausa 10
News Islip approves capital budget to help ambulance... Wed bunch of thieves 13
Farmingville, NY (Jul '10) Wed Chuck 36
Noise pollution Wed Concerned 1
News Islip supervisor hails town's finances and achi... Tue may he burn in Hell 5
Review: Sinderella's Sinderella's (May '15) Tue Becca 3
attn Adoptees and Birthparents & Siblings Reunite! (Jan '12) Mar 27 joan 24

Centereach Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Centereach Mortgages