Youth pastor charged in sexual relationship

Full story: Newsday

A former Centereach private school teacher and youth pastor accused of having a sexual relationship with a 16-year-old girl was arraigned today on sex abuse charges.
Comments
261 - 278 of 278 Comments Last updated Mar 14, 2014
First Prev
of 14
Next Last
concerned

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 2, 2008

my kid goes there wrote:
I don't understand; the Judicial site that has the info has another date for 10/6. Today it was for Suffolk Supreme Court, and on the 6th it says it's for the Criminal Court. If you look at the schedule it goes back and forth between the two courts. Anyone understand this?
Hi I think it's 2 different Rodney Jackson's.The court date today was for The Rodney we know.I don't understand what's taking so long.Seems like a waste of time and money to keep adjourning .I really think they are trying to plea bargain but maybe he isn't liking what's offered.I wish they would do something since it's lurking over the school's head.Strange how our system works.The only other thing is maybe it's going to trial and they need a jury.Although I doubt thats the case.I believe the next date is 10/22.
my kid goes there

Marlboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 23, 2008

Adjourned again. That make 6 adjounments, next date is 11/18. What is the deal? I wish they would just end this already.
concerned

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2008

I wish they would too.The school and church need closure.I think they may be picking a jury but who knows.Maybe the girl changed her mind but then they may not need her testimony anyway.I guess its a waiting game.
Pled Guilty

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 17, 2008

Looks like Rodney Jackson plead guilty.He wasn't sentenced yet I think the sentencing is Feb 5.Im glad to see him taking responsibility for his actions and hope this will bring the much needed closure for all.As much as i hate what he did I still feel for his family.
overwhelmed

Island Park, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 6, 2009

Does anyone know what happened today? I'm not on the island and don't get local news. The court website says that there was a sentencing and that $100K bond was not posted. Does that mean it's over and he's in custody and going to prison? It also says adjourned and the 2/5/09 date is still there, so I'm a little confused.

Thank you.

Since: Jan 09

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 7, 2009

I hate him for what he did. He was trusted. And he took advantage.

He has no balls. He can't get any his own age so he ruined someone's life.
He's sick. Goes to show you, you can't even trust Pastors
Parent

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 10, 2009

overwhelmed wrote:
Does anyone know what happened today? I'm not on the island and don't get local news. The court website says that there was a sentencing and that $100K bond was not posted. Does that mean it's over and he's in custody and going to prison? It also says adjourned and the 2/5/09 date is still there, so I'm a little confused.
Thank you.
There was bail posted months ago and it was reduced to $35K and someone posted it and he has been out for months. The last court appearance was in Dec and he plead guilty and the sentencing stands for Feb 5th
my kid goes there

Marlboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 30, 2009

This is off topic, but regards the school - does anyone know what the kids did today?
There was a misprint in a catalogue for some company and they decided to use the kids at OSNAS to spend their day putting stickers over the error. In return, the school would get a $30k grant. Does anyone have a problem with this? This is not why I pay tuition!
ok with it

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

Hello,
At first I had a problem with it, but after I thought about it I figured it's alot of money that is much needed..If it is going toward education Im ok with it.I wouldn't be ok with it if the funds weren't going to the kids and were going to basketball but if its for the kids I say go for it.Its so hard for anyone to turn down money in these hard times.I hear what your saying but I think we need this badly.
osnas parent

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jan 31, 2009

well, my kid goes there, you were mailed a letter to come and volunteer your time as a parent of the school. Did you come? I was there. I did the day shift and my husband did the night shift. Don't use excuses that you work. You can always fit it in. I didnt see a problem with the kids getting togther and working on this project. It was a day of service. They all worked together as a team in unity and they should be appauled for thier efforts. We have a great student body and when called upon come through with flying colors. Amen
my kid goes there

Marlboro, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

osnas parent,
actually, I got the notice about volunteering the night before (from my kid) and I had no idea what it was about (the note didn't have any details). I didn't go b/c I had a doctor's appt., which takes up the morning and then I had to be home in time for the bus. Like I said, I didn't know what it was about or the times alotted for it. I still don't know where the money is going. Everything I know about it is from my kid (who is kind of clueless).
You said a letter was mailed, but I never received it. I do have a problem receiving mail lately, so maybe it was sent.
Do you know where the money is going? Is it in lieu of tuition hikes?
Gosh

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 1, 2009

osnas parent wrote:
well, my kid goes there, you were mailed a letter to come and volunteer your time as a parent of the school. Did you come? I was there. I did the day shift and my husband did the night shift. Don't use excuses that you work. You can always fit it in. I didnt see a problem with the kids getting togther and working on this project. It was a day of service. They all worked together as a team in unity and they should be appauled for thier efforts. We have a great student body and when called upon come through with flying colors. Amen
Why do you have to get so nasty.Maybe she had something to do or was just plain tired.I would like to know where the money is going too?That wasn't in the letter and pehaps it should have been.Either way try to be a little nicer Im so sick of people thinking they know everyone elses business all of the time.I just hope the money is used wisely and we all try to be a little nicer it wont kil any of us.
Done deal

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

Looks like Rodney got 6 months in jail,a few years years probation and a few fines.I'm happy that this chapter of OSNAS is over.My opinion the punishment fit the crime.I hope this never happens at our school again.The whole situation stinks and hurt many.
smartie

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

mike wrote:
to my kids go there-i wasnt going to talk anymore but i will answer your concerns.this person doesnt teach thre anymore but i dont know how legel it is for me to stay his name.isnt there something wrong with that.i will tell you this the person i am talking about is involvd in music and plays the piano.he also thinks he sings wells.now you know.and his first inital was guessed already by concerned.piece it together and the problem will solve itself.call the church and ask.they will tell you his name.by the way im in counseling and they say i must talk about it.so ive told you whta i feel i can im done talking and feel as though i have said enough.please take care.
Brian Mosier?
smartie

Shirley, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Feb 6, 2009

mike wrote:
i was at alumni day and saw them together.they were in love.that doent make it right.seduce,no love.he should have left his wife,waited til she was not a minor.trust me this affair isnt over yet.also 16 -27 11 years.when she 26 and hes 37 it wont sound or look as bad.
if he loved her he would not have kept her a secret, lied to her, manipulated her, hurt her...a CHILD. That is NOT love.
john wiser

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jun 9, 2011

blame the victim wrote:
<quoted text>
Her name is being kept out because she's a minor. You sound like you're blaming the victim here. Do you also think small children and other rape victims "want every second of it"? He's an adult and SHOULD know better!!!
Incident happened 2 years ago when person was 16, maybe cause of internal disputes
former student

Cedarhurst, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 13, 2014

Rodney was a great teacher who got caught up in the wrong thing everybody sins it just so happens that what he did is illegal ...Amber Carter was her name and believe me she wanted it the girl was a hoe
Former parent and staff

Selden, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 14, 2014

First, you should not have stated her name. Second, she was not a whore. Third, Rodney was a loved teacher and pastor. Fourth, you need to realize Rodney is probably a sociopath who played a convincing role and was able to dupe us all until his true self came out then got caught. The victim is/was a beautiful girl, sweet, kind and young. At the age of the incident for any child under 23 the brain is not developed so impulse control and decision making is immature. Rodney lured her in and She was caught up in the feel good of his advances. He ruined the life of his wife and child as well as his own family and the victim. He is/ was the adult and will pay for the rest of his life with the law as he should. The victim will unfortunately pay emotionally for life. I know where and how they are both doing now and still wish both of them the best in the future. Xo

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 14
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Centereach Discussions

Search the Centereach Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 5 min Blue Walker 115,655
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr Lumpy Churchhill 6,372
Giant Garage Sale Wed Adam Wolff 15
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) Tue Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Jul 28 sdd 755
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) Jul 28 trs 16,778
•••
•••

Centereach News Video

•••
•••

Centereach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Centereach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE