Office manager nabbed in $150K check ...

Office manager nabbed in $150K check scam

There are 50 comments on the Newsday story from May 4, 2007, titled Office manager nabbed in $150K check scam. In it, Newsday reports that:

An office manager who stole $150,000 from her Plainview employer by forging checks made out to her husband was arrested Thursday, the Nassau police said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Cold Spring Harbor

Safety Harbor, FL

#1 May 4, 2007
Why did it take so long to arrest her when the crime took place in 2005?
Hmmmmm

Pleasantville, NY

#2 May 4, 2007
An immigrant from Centereach commiting crimes - gee - how shocking!v Here's your sign dumb azzzz - LOSER!
Kirk McD

Flushing, NY

#3 May 4, 2007
Cold Spring Harbor wrote:
Why did it take so long to arrest her when the crime took place in 2005?
First you need to notice that the money is missing. Then you need to track it.
Whaaaat

Pleasanton, CA

#5 May 4, 2007
Tara Ann Rodriguez ... well, it's just another immigrant doing the job no one else wants to do - embezzle!
Get Back

Riverhead, NY

#6 May 4, 2007
Rodriguez from Centertrash, says it all !!!
Jamie

Newington, CT

#7 May 4, 2007
Is there now a position open at Evolution?
Think

Brooklyn, NY

#9 May 4, 2007
Jamie wrote:
Is there now a position open at Evolution?
Yup. An internal controls manager.
Brandy

Denver, CO

#10 May 4, 2007
She could also be a 4-5-6th generation AMERICAN with a spanish last name..Tara Ann isn't exactly what most hispanics name their girls unless they're also several generations here, too.

She's guilty of greed. Not for having a spanish surname.
Paul

Chesterfield, MO

#12 May 4, 2007
How do you people know she's an immigrant? That's racist!

Now I just want to know why do people commit these types of crimes? Stealing from employer? You're guaranteed to get caught eventually. Someone will go through the books and wonder wtf happened. If you're stealing, steal small amounts not 150k.. you have to be a piece of sh-t to steal in the first place, but you have to be a eral dumb piece of sh-t to do it by writing checks to yourself.
helen

San Jose, CA

#13 May 4, 2007
lock her up and then deport her, immigrant, why take so long to find the money missing.
TRUST

New York, NY

#14 May 4, 2007
That is your first mistake trusting spanish or anyone for that matter with your money!
Pete

Plainview, NY

#15 May 4, 2007
All you people making bigoted disgusting remarks are not exactly the "Salt Of The Earth" either. Are you ignorant, immature, or both? I would certainly hope that if you are ever on the other side of bigotry, you would then begin to understand how devastating it can be!

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#16 May 4, 2007
Making out checks in her husband's name? Wtf? How dumb can you be?
jorge

Peekskill, NY

#18 May 4, 2007
manny wrote:
How can they let someone with the name Rodriguez handle money? it was only a matter of time before she'd steal it.
the guys at enron,what was their name again?
jorge

Peekskill, NY

#19 May 4, 2007
Brandy wrote:
She could also be a 4-5-6th generation AMERICAN with a spanish last name..Tara Ann isn't exactly what most hispanics name their girls unless they're also several generations here, too.
She's guilty of greed. Not for having a spanish surname.
right on
Hmm

Miller Place, NY

#20 May 4, 2007
The fault goes to this woman who was greedy and stole this money but the stupidity award goes to this company who obviously has no accounting procedures or internal auditing systems. I would definitely notice if $100,000 was missing out of my business over a year, or even $15,000. To have this happen over such a period of time shows a lack of leadership at that company, and the woman who stole it is a loser.
jorge

Peekskill, NY

#21 May 4, 2007
Pete wrote:
All you people making bigoted disgusting remarks are not exactly the "Salt Of The Earth" either. Are you ignorant, immature, or both? I would certainly hope that if you are ever on the other side of bigotry, you would then begin to understand how devastating it can be!
pete, some people are just willingly ignorant and dumb on purpose.
jorge

Peekskill, NY

#22 May 4, 2007
Bite Me wrote:
Making out checks in her husband's name? Wtf? How dumb can you be?
the chinees say one picture is worth a thousand words , I dont think your too smart either
Speedy Gonzalez

King Of Prussia, PA

#23 May 4, 2007
Stupid "Spaniola".

Since: Apr 07

Lon Gisland

#24 May 4, 2007
jorge wrote:
<quoted text>the guys at enron,what was their name again?
Um,

Ken Lay
Andrew Fastow
Jeff Skilling
Paula Rieker
Richard Causey

Not a spanioli amongst them.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
S Prestanos Bakery 40 min Busboy 5
News Lake Ronkonkoma, other Suffolk beaches remain c... 7 hr Rick 11
News 2 Teens Arrested for Copiague Murder (Apr '10) 18 hr Father McNultey 9
News NY Thief Cuts Through 3 Fences to Steal Hybrid ... Sun indict simcha felder 11
News NY judge admits to stealing neighbor's underwear Sun lawyers indabag 3
Update: Heartland has passed, construction to b... Jul 13 Facts 73
News Heartland sewer hookup delayed by Suffolk lawma... Jul 12 Patriots 5

Centereach Jobs

Personal Finance

Centereach Mortgages