Northport teacher arrested for "inappropriate relationship"

Full story: Newsday

Police arrested a substitute teacher at Northport High School for engaging in sexual contact with a 16-year-old girl he befriended in class.
Comments
241 - 245 of 245 Comments Last updated Jun 10, 2013
First Prev
of 13
Next Last
northport resident

Corona, NY

#277 Jul 3, 2007
Funny how you know he is innocent and you know both of these girls as well as their families. I will proceed on the side of caution and keep my little girls away from him.
NORTHPORT RESIDENT

Bronx, NY

#278 Jul 5, 2007
northport resident wrote:
Funny how you know he is innocent and you know both of these girls as well as their families. I will proceed on the side of caution and keep my little girls away from him.
I DONT FIND ANYTHING FUNNY ABOUT THIS WHOLE STORY? BY THE WAY AS A NORTHPORT RESIDENT YOURSELF, YOU SHOULD KNOW HOW MUCH OF A SMALL TOWN IT IS...EVERYONE KNOWS EVERYONE.
Northport Alumna 2001

Corona, NY

#279 Apr 6, 2012
It's so funny you should mention the Duke scandal. One of Tom's fellow '02 graduates, Kyle Dowd, was on said team when they were accused. Although the case was later dimissed, there were a lot of people who believed that Kyle and others like him were completely capable of such an act, as he was a major douchbag in high school. Tom was no different; he was also an ass, and a racist on top of that. I fully believe that he lacks the moral compass to know what he did was wrong. In his case, justic was aptly served.
Huh---

Melville, NY

#281 Apr 7, 2013
Northport Alumna 2001 wrote:
It's so funny you should mention the Duke scandal. One of Tom's fellow '02 graduates, Kyle Dowd, was on said team when they were accused. Although the case was later dimissed, there were a lot of people who believed that Kyle and others like him were completely capable of such an act, as he was a major douchbag in high school. Tom was no different; he was also an ass, and a racist on top of that. I fully believe that he lacks the moral compass to know what he did was wrong. In his case, justic was aptly served.
What was the outcome of Tom's case, and what reference to the Duke scandal are you referring to?
Sky

Virginia Beach, VA

#282 Jun 10, 2013
he was my sub teacher back in 2006-7 when i was a sophomore and he was really cool and didn't give so much work and would help alot explaining things but you could tell there was something weird about him he would like randomly give you these stares and sometimes just seemed a little to nice.. then he got arrested from doing this to some girl in my school.. WAY CREEPY

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centereach Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 18 min Pugs 16,780
Blaming Israel for carnage (Jul '06) 2 hr Tuco Blondie 117,957
Iconic Entenmann's factory set to shut down in NY 4 hr southside johnny 1
i want the old brentwood back (Apr '07) 10 hr Joe 1,337
Public School 74 (Feb '14) 15 hr Jayar 2
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Wed Vote Zornow 6,408
Slime Bags (May '12) Wed Busted 9
•••

Centereach News Video

•••
•••

Centereach Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Centereach People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE