Centerburg board gets earful from public

Centerburg board gets earful from public

There are 6 comments on the Mount Vernon News story from Jun 9, 2009, titled Centerburg board gets earful from public. In it, Mount Vernon News reports that:

Emotions ran high during the public participation portion of the June meeting of the Centerburg Board of Education.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Mount Vernon News.

Since: Jun 09

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 10, 2009
Sounds like the school board is trying to cover their tracks and didn't realize what the repurcusions of their actions was going to cause.
Renee

Portland, OR

#2 Jun 11, 2009
Really tired of hearing all of the parents bad mouthing our school administration. It hurts me to see and hear parents acting like children - and not choosing to back up their schools in regard to this needed and necessary cancellation.

If they had not done this than people would call our schools hypocrites. Learn from this, people. And grow up. And teach your children to respect education - and educators.

Enough. I respect the decision. And honor it. And thank our principal for courageously NOT looking the other way. So should all of the rest of you.
2004grad

Powell, OH

#3 Jun 11, 2009
Centerburg board of education does NOT deserve respect and neither does many of the teachers at that school. There are only a select handful that should even be teachers. Vargo is a great teacher though.
This is just an instance of many situations that they have covered up for quite sometime before the kettle blows. Why didn't they do anything about the inappropriate student/teacher relations that were going on right in front of everyones eyes until it blew up recently in the past year. They didn't even do a thing about it either. They knew that this teacher had relations with students and it continued on and on and on. And I'm sure this teacher is working another job in another state. Please do everyone a favor. If you did not go to centerburg in the past decade,Do not commment because you do not know!
wbn_90

Sunbury, OH

#4 Jun 13, 2009
I did not attend the school board meeting but, in my understanding, the majority was there to show their support for the school board's decision.
PS
REMEMBER THEY ARE ELECTED OFFICIALS. REGISTER TO VOTE OR BETTER YET, RUN AGAINST THEM!
Fed Up

Toledo, OH

#5 Aug 4, 2009
Renee wrote:
Really tired of hearing all of the parents bad mouthing our school administration. It hurts me to see and hear parents acting like children - and not choosing to back up their schools in regard to this needed and necessary cancellation.
If they had not done this than people would call our schools hypocrites. Learn from this, people. And grow up. And teach your children to respect education - and educators.
Enough. I respect the decision. And honor it. And thank our principal for courageously NOT looking the other way. So should all of the rest of you.
That commute to Centerburg, Ohio from Portland, Oregon every day must be MURDER! And the airline bills must be staggering!
Fed Up

Toledo, OH

#6 Aug 4, 2009
Proud Mom of 09 CHS Grad wrote:
Sounds like the school board is trying to cover their tracks and didn't realize what the repurcusions of their actions was going to cause.
Kudos to you and all of the parents who did not just roll over and take it. Granted, some of the kids may have been guilty, but not all of them were, and even if one wasn't, it's not right to punish that one just to be sure you punish all the guilty ones.

Your ceremony was probably better than the one at the school would have been anyway.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Centerburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Loud noise/explosion? In Marengo (Feb '12) Feb 10 Ski 11
Danielle Krzosky (Apr '15) Dec '17 Cass 22
Marengo Trick-Or-Treat (Oct '07) Nov '17 DavaFlav 18
Cuckolding Nov '17 Eeking 3
Courtney Kessler Nov '17 The truth 1
Denise Ruza Sep '17 Billy Higgs 1
Loretta Blair Sep '17 Rita Runion 2

Centerburg Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance