85-356 Prohibited use (Front Yard)

Posted in the Center Moriches Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Beaver dr

Bronx, NY

#1 Sep 30, 2010
Ok today my mother got this letter for having her legal car, parked by the edge of the road on the grass in front of her house, Who ever thinks they are now going to start Sh-t with me you can go f yourself, I will move the car everyday from yard too yard between both houses that we own on whitter, so keep it up you have nothing better to do then mess with an older lady, because she had a vote no sign infront of her house, the only reason she was against the village is because she is on a fixed budget due to being disabled from a car accident, by the way it was a 14 year old girl
That took out her mothers BMW and crashed into my mothers car, so please keep trying to fuck with me and I will just put down concrete in the whole front yard and make a drive way 200 feet long. P.s. I will pay the fine to do that :)
MBPOA

Yorktown Heights, NY

#2 Sep 30, 2010
Beaver dr wrote:
Ok today my mother got this letter for having her legal car, parked by the edge of the road on the grass in front of her house, Who ever thinks they are now going to start Sh-t with me you can go f yourself, I will move the car everyday from yard too yard between both houses that we own on whitter, so keep it up you have nothing better to do then mess with an older lady, because she had a vote no sign infront of her house, the only reason she was against the village is because she is on a fixed budget due to being disabled from a car accident, by the way it was a 14 year old girl
That took out her mothers BMW and crashed into my mothers car, so please keep trying to fuck with me and I will just put down concrete in the whole front yard and make a drive way 200 feet long. P.s. I will pay the fine to do that :)
Sounds like the Town of Brookhaven is coming around trying to harass the good people of The Village of Mastic Beach.
Hear this Crookhaven. You can go to hell for harassing our citizens who have a legal disability.
MBPOA Member since 1988

Bronx, NY

#3 Sep 30, 2010
Our villiage must enforce codes,sorry to all the white trash that is offended
Word Up

Stratford, CT

#4 Oct 1, 2010
I had no idea this law even existed. So, I looked it up. Here is the law as per TOB Section 85-356:

Prohibited Uses:
A-Front yards; parking and loading areas. No part of any required front yard, other than a driveway in a residential district, shall be used for the parking of motor vehicles or for loading and unloading operations. No part of any parking or loading area shall be used for sales, storage of trailers, carts, boats, car parts, repair work, dismantling or servicing of any kind.

It seems Brookhaven has decided, since we our village was approved, it better squeeze out a few more fines, before the village takes over. DO NOT blame the village supporters for this ticket.

Do you really believe the Town would go after people who specifically opposed the village?

Did it ever occur to you that maybe, one of YOUR neighbors objected to the sight of seeing a car parked on what should be the front lawn of a single family residence?

BTW-you have a driveway...make it a little wider, and she can park the car off the street and off the lawn, where cars shouldn't be parked in the first place.
Scott on Orchid Drive

Bronx, NY

#5 Oct 1, 2010
Well I guess all the people that park half on the street and half on a dirt patch should be cited also? What defines a yard? Grass? There was probably no complaint, they are driving around in a white car. Unmarked, it is a Brookhaven DA investigator and another guy in the car.
Beaver Drive

Old Bridge, NJ

#6 Oct 1, 2010
MBPOA Member since 1988 wrote:
Our villiage must enforce codes,sorry to all the white trash that is offended
White trash huh?, ok my step farther opens up the clubhouse for people to play bingo and does a lot of hints for the mbpoa, so him and my mother are trash, these people are your friends jerk
Beaver Drive

Old Bridge, NJ

#7 Oct 1, 2010
Word Up wrote:
I had no idea this law even existed. So, I looked it up. Here is the law as per TOB Section 85-356:
Prohibited Uses:
A-Front yards; parking and loading areas. No part of any required front yard, other than a driveway in a residential district, shall be used for the parking of motor vehicles or for loading and unloading operations. No part of any parking or loading area shall be used for sales, storage of trailers, carts, boats, car parts, repair work, dismantling or servicing of any kind.
It seems Brookhaven has decided, since we our village was approved, it better squeeze out a few more fines, before the village takes over. DO NOT blame the village supporters for this ticket.
Do you really believe the Town would go after people who specifically opposed the village?
Did it ever occur to you that maybe, one of YOUR neighbors objected to the sight of seeing a car parked on what should be the front lawn of a single family residence?
BTW-you have a driveway...make it a little wider, and she can park the car off the street and off the lawn, where cars shouldn't be parked in the first place.
I am not saying all village supporters did this, I am a village supporter, I am saying it
Is one of them from our block, you say maybe they are tired of looking at the car, how about the Many houses that have boats sitting in the driveways all summer long and not
Moving, no this was a personal attack, why did not the neighbor across the street get a notice for having his boat in his front yard? And also there is no neighbor on one side the otherside my brother stays there, across the street is a summer cottage nobody ever there and next door to that is also family, none of our direct neighbors complained. We are good people and keep our yards. Clean, the car usually is in the drive way. They went out yesterday and took the van. So they left her car parked in front of the house next to the street, drive around everybody does that!

Since: Apr 09

Westwood, NJ

#8 Oct 1, 2010
I better move my planter,I mean boat. And my driveway is to small to fit all of my cars. Guess I'll have to kick my son out of the house. See why I voted no. TOB is going to drain my wallet before VOMB gets to it. Thanks for wakeing a sleeping giant.
Seamless Transition

Yorktown Heights, NY

#9 Oct 1, 2010
Beaver Drive wrote:
<quoted text>
I am not saying all village supporters did this, I am a village supporter, I am saying it
Is one of them from our block, you say maybe they are tired of looking at the car, how about the Many houses that have boats sitting in the driveways all summer long and not
Moving, no this was a personal attack, why did not the neighbor across the street get a notice for having his boat in his front yard? And also there is no neighbor on one side the otherside my brother stays there, across the street is a summer cottage nobody ever there and next door to that is also family, none of our direct neighbors complained. We are good people and keep our yards. Clean, the car usually is in the drive way. They went out yesterday and took the van. So they left her car parked in front of the house next to the street, drive around everybody does that!
I think the Crookhaven code enforcement went out to hit up as much fine money as they can before the village takes over. My guess is they will be going out each day from Crookhaven headquarters with a specific summons to give out. Today Crookhaven hits parked cars. Tomorrow they tag just unregistered cars etc..
This is Crookhavens way of punishing the people of Mastic Beach for excersising our Constitutional Rights at the voting booth.
Perhaps Mark Lesko should be contacted regarding this obvious retaliation on the part of Crookhaven inspectors. I wonder how many parking violatins are being given out in Center Moriches?
get over youeself

Huntington, NY

#10 Oct 1, 2010
my oh my. See, this is what will happen with a village. So you are trying to tell me that a village will select who it tickets by if they can pay or not? THIS IS WHY YOU WANTED A VILLAGE!!!
So if a village fines someone it's ok, but if the town does it, they are crooks?

This is why we said NO to a village. If you give them the power, they will use it.
Now you want to blame the town for following their own rules, that you have said they NEVER in force? Hey Beaver drive, GET BENT!! If you break the law, you get a ticket! Will you be blaming the village in a year when you get the same ticket? Here's an idea, DON'T BREAK THE LAW, village or town, and you wont get fined.
This is just another case of someone thinking that it's fine for others to get ticketed, but not them.
Seamless Transition

Yorktown Heights, NY

#11 Oct 1, 2010
get over youeself wrote:
my oh my. See, this is what will happen with a village. So you are trying to tell me that a village will select who it tickets by if they can pay or not? THIS IS WHY YOU WANTED A VILLAGE!!!
So if a village fines someone it's ok, but if the town does it, they are crooks?
This is why we said NO to a village. If you give them the power, they will use it.
Now you want to blame the town for following their own rules, that you have said they NEVER in force? Hey Beaver drive, GET BENT!! If you break the law, you get a ticket! Will you be blaming the village in a year when you get the same ticket? Here's an idea, DON'T BREAK THE LAW, village or town, and you wont get fined.
This is just another case of someone thinking that it's fine for others to get ticketed, but not them.
Crookhaven Town inspectors are retaliating against Village of Mastic Beach residents. If they are not issuing the same violations in evry community in Brookhaven Town, they are discriminating against the Village of Mastic Beach.
The village will not be issuing violations for every little code on the books.
Once again the angry crybabies who voted "no" are saying "na na na we told you so".
Whay don't you "get bent" you pathetic excuse for a sore loser.
Beaver Drive

Flushing, NY

#12 Oct 1, 2010
get over youeself wrote:
Did they issue tickets to the neighbors with the boats next to his house, No they did not, so why did they issue her? Breaking g the law you say, if you follow the law you can't even have a yard sale in your driveway, can't even change your own oil on your car, thus is stupid, and now that we have become a village Brookhaven is trying to come in and act like they care about the law, she has been parking her car there for 10 years, when they go to sams club they pull her car on the grass and take his car, and do you really see a problem with that, village or no village I have a problem with this law it is stupid, it is not like the car is not legal and sits there fir months at a time we are talking about a couple of hours a week,
get over yourself

Huntington, NY

#13 Oct 1, 2010
Seamless Transition wrote:
<quoted text>
Crookhaven Town inspectors are retaliating against Village of Mastic Beach residents. If they are not issuing the same violations in evry community in Brookhaven Town, they are discriminating against the Village of Mastic Beach.
The village will not be issuing violations for every little code on the books.
Once again the angry crybabies who voted "no" are saying "na na na we told you so".
Whay don't you "get bent" you pathetic excuse for a sore loser.
Of course the town is getting their money, what the hell do you think!? Guess what, they will also get our money when they charge us TIME AND A HALF for our same service that we get now!!!(or did you actually believe Frank F when he said we wouldn't?) Will you be crying foul then too?
A new village, which is a new layer of government, will cost more! More in taxes, more in fines, more in services! Get used to it dumb ass, this is why we didn't want a village. But no, YOU KNOW IT ALL! Well, get prepared to pay more! You can thank your "friends" at the mbvec when this happens.
PS: Idiot
pss: I'm glad he got a ticket. If we are going to make a village, we night as well do it right, not this "poor mans", half-assed village that the mbvec wants. You park in the road, you get a fine. PERIOD!
get over yourself

Huntington, NY

#14 Oct 1, 2010
Beaver Drive wrote:
<quoted text>
Did they issue tickets to the neighbors with the boats next to his house, No they did not, so why did they issue her? Breaking g the law you say, if you follow the law you can't even have a yard sale in your driveway, can't even change your own oil on your car, thus is stupid, and now that we have become a village Brookhaven is trying to come in and act like they care about the law, she has been parking her car there for 10 years, when they go to sams club they pull her car on the grass and take his car, and do you really see a problem with that, village or no village I have a problem with this law it is stupid, it is not like the car is not legal and sits there fir months at a time we are talking about a couple of hours a week,
yeah! Stupid laws make money! How do you think the village will make it's money? With stupid laws!!
You were so blinded to get a village that you didn't understand reality!!! I'm glade a ticket was issued! If we are to have a village, lets do it right. What, you thought a village would just turn in to a utopia and only fine the "undesirables" of MB and leave the rest alone? Well, if you were gullible enough to believe Frank and his "village vision", i guess you are gullible enough to believe anything!
Beaver Drive

Flushing, NY

#15 Oct 1, 2010
get over yourself wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah! Stupid laws make money! How do you think the village will make it's money? With stupid laws!!
You were so blinded to get a village that you didn't understand reality!!! I'm glade a ticket was issued! If we are to have a village, lets do it right. What, you thought a village would just turn in to a utopia and only fine the "undesirables" of MB and leave the rest alone? Well, if you were gullible enough to believe Frank and his "village vision", i guess you are gullible enough to believe anything!
Hey f-nut this has nothing to do with a village or not it has something to due with someone having a personal problem with my stepfarther for being a mbpoa member, at least that is what I think, p.s. You keep saying park I. The road if I do that there will be to ticket to issue as that is legal, I am having them park in the road now, and if you can't get your boat down whitter to the marina not my problem back it up and go down another block I don't care, it was also a warning not a real ticket, keep trying to blame the village people for this, it's not them it's 1 shitty neighbor that did not like the fact they voted no, they are not even blaming the village for this. It's a personal thing against them, I know why there are laws this is just a stupid one, go ahead and park you car in the street no problem, park you car on the grass next too the street so traffic can flow better watch out, there should be a law against 14 year old girls taking moms car out and nearly killing somebody, but guess what there is not, this girl got in no trouble for doing that the police could not even give her a ticket as she was a minor with out a permit, if my mother was not disabled they would not have to move the cars around, what me to explain my mother can not carry shopping bags her arms are not strong enough anymore since the crash, and my stepfarther can't get down into her little car, so they pull her car out onto the grass and take his van, this would not have happened. And why pick and choose what and who you are going to fine, like I said the person across the street with the summer home never cuts the grass and has a boat sitting there a year long but no fine was issued there, if they were going up and down the blocks and writing fines I would be ok with it, but they were not, they came here and only wrote up them. That's the point jerk,
Beaver Drive

Flushing, NY

#16 Oct 1, 2010
Also just so you know she had 10 days to correct the problem, now
Just to f with this guy I am
Moving the car back and forth from
House too house on the lawn, can't fine anybody now, hahahahahahahahaha.
whats the problem

Huntington, NY

#17 Oct 1, 2010
Beaver Drive wrote:
Also just so you know she had 10 days to correct the problem, now
Just to f with this guy I am
Moving the car back and forth from
House too house on the lawn, can't fine anybody now, hahahahahahahahaha.
great solution! Why not just park in the driveway? If you have too many cars, park in the back yard. I know I can't stand it when all these cars are in the street or I have my neighbor parking HIS car on my front lawn. I say ticket them!
The town will be out in force to get as much money as they can before the fines go to the village. All of this is just one more reason to of voted NO to the village. Get used to it.
Beaver Drive

Flushing, NY

#18 Oct 1, 2010
Better yet I will
Put rock there next to the street and then she can park there as then it is
Considered a drive way also, kinda stupid huh?
Beaver Drive

Flushing, NY

#19 Oct 1, 2010
Better get a law mower don't want to get a ticket for having your landscaper parking his commercial truck in the street in front of your home, because that's illegal
whatever dude

Huntington, NY

#20 Oct 1, 2010
Beaver Drive wrote:
Better yet I will
Put rock there next to the street and then she can park there as then it is
Considered a drive way also, kinda stupid huh?
Your ideas? Yeah, they are kind of stupid. Why not just park in the driveway? Or is that solution NOT stupid enough? Do what ever you want, just make sure to keep paying the fines.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Victor and the N word 1 hr allen 15
monday night slashing on atlantic ave north bel... 10 hr Where are the Pol... 1
Thanksgiving 11 hr hoodo 2
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Wed Gay Holmes Guys b... 322
Residents at Westhampton Care Center in Art Show Nov 23 pearl skelaney 1
Man injured in Mastic shooting (Sep '10) Nov 23 Doug 29
Sewer Systems Nov 23 PinkSatin 6

Center Moriches News Video

Center Moriches Dating
Find my Match