Not crying

Stamford, CT

#21 Mar 28, 2013
Not So Fast wrote:
Historical? Really? Bruce loses the election and then claims history was made?
That determination, Mr. Summa, will have to be left to the real historians, not you.
Bruce claims he garnered a historical number of write-in votes in NY. Really?

http://cortlandt.dailyvoice.com/politics/crot...
think first

Bronx, NY

#22 Mar 28, 2013
Not crying wrote:
<quoted text>Bruce claims he garnered a historical number of write-in votes in NY. Really?
As to be expected, Bruce never does his homework and you can assume everything he writes is suspect. This just proves once again that everything Bruce writes is fantasy.
Truth Is

Shirley, NY

#23 Mar 28, 2013
think first wrote:
<quoted text>
If the County hated the Village leaders, as you say, why did they turnover 9 parcels to the Village to tear down blighted houses and build new affordable houses for first time home buyers, at no cost to the Village ? By the way , they have never turned over so much property to one Vilage before. Looks to me as if the Village and the County are working very well together.
Oh yeah really great. Nine more houses filled with a bunch of poor people with no money to spend on anything. Have you seen the income level of most of the Habitat inhabitants? Poor and poorer. I have nothing against poor people but it is not how we will be moving forward here. You need people who can afford a "Latte" and not a "40" you know what I mean. We don't need more families with lots of kids filling up the schools and raising our property taxes.
We need people buying second homes who have expendable income. The village is happy to get the new tax revenue even if it costs us more in school taxes. More backwards thinking by the "forward focus" team oh wait no that was our "Trustee" we could "Trust" Gail what a waste of my vote that was.
Village Gossip

Bronx, NY

#24 Mar 28, 2013
Deputy Mayor McCheese wrote:
<quoted text>He just doesnt lie as good as Gary.
did I hear crickets???
Brady

Stamford, CT

#25 Mar 29, 2013
Truth Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Oh yeah really great. Nine more houses filled with a bunch of poor people with no money to spend on anything. Have you seen the income level of most of the Habitat inhabitants? Poor and poorer. I have nothing against poor people but it is not how we will be moving forward here. You need people who can afford a "Latte" and not a "40" you know what I mean. We don't need more families with lots of kids filling up the schools and raising our property taxes.
We need people buying second homes who have expendable income. The village is happy to get the new tax revenue even if it costs us more in school taxes. More backwards thinking by the "forward focus" team oh wait no that was our "Trustee" we could "Trust" Gail what a waste of my vote that was.
You are just losing it... I have seen the income levels of these "FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS". That's right, BUYERS, not renters. The applicants need to have incomes below about $80,000, they have to adhere to strict ownership rules (must live in house, not allowed to rent it out, etc). These will be new houses built to replace the eyesores and they will stabilize each block. All applicants must be thoroughly screened, have sufficient credit history and credit scores. And, veterans will be given a preference.

And, one word about Gail....she has helped, and continues to help all the Sandy distressed homeowners every day. Carol didn't even show up once.
Regular Coffee

Mastic, NY

#26 Mar 29, 2013
Truth Is wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Habitat is one of the most successful affordable housing non-profits in the country and you turn them into slumlords?

2. You take a wonderful person like Gail who works nonstop for the betterment of this community and question her trustfulness?

3. You arrogantly proclaim that your way to rebuilding this village is to bring in people with disposable income to buy second homes. Well, let's see if they want a home next to a slumlord house.

4. We already have residents with disposable incomes who have homes elsewhere, and some of those land barons bought crappy homes they have turned into section 8 houses.

Even if some "latte" drinking people with disposable incomes do consider purchasing homes here, it will never happen in large enough numbers until this village reduces the number of blighted homes we have.

You crawl before you walk, you walk before you run and most importantly - you ask residents who can only find fault to open their eyes and look at all of the good that is happening.

All your negativity is worse than any single slum house in this village and is part of the problem, not the solution. Maybe, you should consider using "your" disposable income to find a "latte" community to buy a home in and then move there.

Bye, bye.
Proud Mastic Beacher

Patchogue, NY

#27 Mar 29, 2013
Regular Coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
1. Habitat is one of the most successful affordable housing non-profits in the country and you turn them into slumlords?
2. You take a wonderful person like Gail who works nonstop for the betterment of this community and question her trustfulness?
3. You arrogantly proclaim that your way to rebuilding this village is to bring in people with disposable income to buy second homes. Well, let's see if they want a home next to a slumlord house.
4. We already have residents with disposable incomes who have homes elsewhere, and some of those land barons bought crappy homes they have turned into section 8 houses.
Even if some "latte" drinking people with disposable incomes do consider purchasing homes here, it will never happen in large enough numbers until this village reduces the number of blighted homes we have.
You crawl before you walk, you walk before you run and most importantly - you ask residents who can only find fault to open their eyes and look at all of the good that is happening.
All your negativity is worse than any single slum house in this village and is part of the problem, not the solution. Maybe, you should consider using "your" disposable income to find a "latte" community to buy a home in and then move there.
Bye, bye.
Very Well Said!!!
Tax Bill

Shirley, NY

#28 Mar 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>You are just losing it... I have seen the income levels of these "FIRST TIME HOME BUYERS". That's right, BUYERS, not renters. The applicants need to have incomes below about $80,000, they have to adhere to strict ownership rules (must live in house, not allowed to rent it out, etc). These will be new houses built to replace the eyesores and they will stabilize each block. All applicants must be thoroughly screened, have sufficient credit history and credit scores. And, veterans will be given a preference.
And, one word about Gail....she has helped, and continues to help all the Sandy distressed homeowners every day. Carol didn't even show up once.
Look at some of the Habitat Houses in New London Ct see how that turned out - new houses that 20 years later look just like the crappy houses they replaced. And according to you they need incomes BELOW $80K which supports the premise that they are too poor to help raise up the income level of the neighborhood. Plus I believe most of the 9 properties were just empty parcels and never had homes on them.

Gail promised to have a more open and transparent government process - she has failed at that

Gail promised to crack down on the nepotism and cronyism that is rampant in this municipality - she has failed at that

Gail promised to involve all the civics in participating in the process - she has failed at that

Gail promised not to allow VZ to be hired anymore - she has failed at that

Oh by the Way I'm not a Carol fan either so don't even bother going there.
Brady

Stamford, CT

#29 Mar 29, 2013
Tax Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at some of the Habitat Houses in New London Ct see how that turned out - new houses that 20 years later look just like the crappy houses they replaced. And according to you they need incomes BELOW $80K which supports the premise that they are too poor to help raise up the income level of the neighborhood. Plus I believe most of the 9 properties were just empty parcels and never had homes on them.
Gail promised to have a more open and transparent government process - she has failed at that
Gail promised to crack down on the nepotism and cronyism that is rampant in this municipality - she has failed at that
Gail promised to involve all the civics in participating in the process - she has failed at that
I happen to make less than $80K, does that make me poor?
Mirror Mirror

Mastic, NY

#30 Mar 29, 2013
Tax Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
Look at some of the Habitat Houses in New London Ct see how that turned ouVt - new houses that 20 years later look just like the crappy houses they replaced. And according to you they need incomes BELOW $80K which supports the premise that they are too poor to help raise up the income level of the neighborhood. Plus I believe most of the 9 properties were just empty parcels and never had homes on them.
Gail has more decency and integrity in her little pinky than most have ever thought about having.

Also, the act of hypocrisy is most often committed by those who are most proficient at it. This becomes clear when they falsely accuse others of similar deeds that they themselves have been responsible for in the past.
get over it

Bronx, NY

#31 Mar 29, 2013
Tax Bill wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot to think it is better for us to have slum lords buy up the county owned property at auction and put more section 8 in them, then have the Village take the property FOR FREE and have Habitat build new homes FOR FREE for veterans and first time home buyers. People that actually work for a living, have a good work history and have decent credit, but need a little help with the downpayment and closing costs.

If you come to the meetings you would see an open and transparent government process.
Hiring people that do a good job for this Village is good business and being a distant relative should not deny someone a chance at a job.
Gail attends all the civic meetings she can possible fit into her schedule, do you?
Gail does not have the power to hire or fire anyone, only to suggest and voice her opinion.

Bruce you lost your back door bid for election. You spent all your time bashing Gary and now you are campaigning against Gail. Lucky for us she is too busy working for the residents of this Village to bother campaigning a year before the next election against you.

If she decided to run next year she will have my vote !!!! And we will be lucky to have her working for us for another two years.
Gail Rocks

Millburn, NJ

#32 Mar 29, 2013
get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
You are an idiot to think it is better for us to have slum lords buy up the county owned property at auction and put more section 8 in them, then have the Village take the property FOR FREE and have Habitat build new homes FOR FREE for veterans and first time home buyers. People that actually work for a living, have a good work history and have decent credit, but need a little help with the downpayment and closing costs.
If you come to the meetings you would see an open and transparent government process.
Hiring people that do a good job for this Village is good business and being a distant relative should not deny someone a chance at a job.
Gail attends all the civic meetings she can possible fit into her schedule, do you?
Gail does not have the power to hire or fire anyone, only to suggest and voice her opinion.
Bruce you lost your back door bid for election. You spent all your time bashing Gary and now you are campaigning against Gail. Lucky for us she is too busy working for the residents of this Village to bother campaigning a year before the next election against you.
If she decided to run next year she will have my vote !!!! And we will be lucky to have her working for us for another two years.
Your a thousand percent right, "get over it." I fully support Gail and it was the best thing that could have happened when she got elected.
Wha wha wha

East Moriches, NY

#33 Mar 29, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>I happen to make less than $80K, does that make me poor?
but, with all your houses and cars and pensions, you must have WAY more then that a year! Or were you lying once again to make yourself feel more important? I'm guessing the second one.
Brady

Stamford, CT

#34 Mar 29, 2013
Wha wha wha wrote:
<quoted text>but, with all your houses and cars and pensions, you must have WAY more then that a year! Or were you lying once again to make yourself feel more important? I'm guessing the second one.
If I was so rich, would I really want to live next to you? Income, by the way, is the amount REPORTED to the government. I report less than $80,000.
Wrong Again Bruce

Mastic, NY

#35 Mar 29, 2013
Bruce claims he garnered a historical number of write-in votes in NY.Really?
Wow, the write in candidate in Croton received over 700 votes in the election. The NY village only has 8079 residents, so the number of voters has to be a lot less than the approximately 7,500 in Mastic Beach Village.

So not only was Bruce totally wrong about his self-proclaimed historical vote, statistically the number of people voting for him was insignificant as far as history goes.

I'm glad he's sticking to campaigning and not writing history books. He really gets a failing grade when it comes to getting his facts RIGHT.

I wonder if Betty Manzella is still on the planning board?
Truth Is

Shirley, NY

#36 Mar 30, 2013
get over it wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry Alan not Bruce. Good try. I do like what Bruce has to say. Keep up the good work.
Truth Is

Shirley, NY

#37 Mar 30, 2013
Wrong Again Bruce wrote:
<quoted text>
Wow, the write in candidate in Croton received over 700 votes in the election. The NY village only has 8079 residents, so the number of voters has to be a lot less than the approximately 7,500 in Mastic Beach Village.
So not only was Bruce totally wrong about his self-proclaimed historical vote, statistically the number of people voting for him was insignificant as far as history goes.
I'm glad he's sticking to campaigning and not writing history books. He really gets a failing grade when it comes to getting his facts RIGHT.
I wonder if Betty Manzella is still on the planning board?
What that really shows is that we do not have that many people going out to vote. 915 voters, that is pathetic. We have 6,000 more citizens then them and have only a quarter of the voters come out to vote. I am not good at math but I believe that Bruce got a slightly higher percentage of voters than the women in Croton.

I think the low voter turn out shows that the voters have lost faith in the village already.
Truth Is

Shirley, NY

#38 Mar 30, 2013
Regular Coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Bye, bye.
Please explain how we are getting rid of the crappy homes when we have increased the number of government subsidized rentals since we have become a village. I hear the landlords are coming in for rental permits at an alarming rate, something like 10 to 15 rental permit applications a day. So genius once you get rid of the blighted homes how are you keeping other landlords from buying them and putting in more sh!tty tenants? What is your plan to get a better class of people to move here? Habitat took care of 9 homes how about the other 1,500 blighted homes? How many people with money are buying in a flood plain? How come I have 4 new crappy rentals on my block? I preferred the empty foreclosed homes to them now having bad renters living in them. I think the village has made it easier to be a slumlord.
get over it

Bronx, NY

#39 Mar 30, 2013
Truth Is wrote:
<quoted text>
What that really shows is that we do not have that many people going out to vote. 915 voters, that is pathetic. We have 6,000 more citizens then them and have only a quarter of the voters come out to vote. I am not good at math but I believe that Bruce got a slightly higher percentage of voters than the women in Croton.
I think the low voter turn out shows that the voters have lost faith in the village already.
I don't believe the voters have lost faith in the Village, the people I talk to are very happy with the direction the Village is taking. They are smart enough to know that it will take time, time to clean up the mess made by the town and county, negligent homeowners and slumlords time to build a real government, and time to gain a more positive image to the outside world.

The shame is that people like you and the rest of the haters continue to bash our Village and the people working hard for us at every turn for their own agenda, while the rest of us are trying to improve our image. Bruce is continuing the negative press to get himself elected to office, just like Paul did to get his agenda passed, both of which harmed and continue to harm the image and value of our homes and community.

Mastic Beach has historically had a very poor turnout at the voting polls, which is a shame and the reason this community has been ignored by elected officials. I guess we will have to work harder to get the people out to vote at every election, and keep them informed so they can vote intelligently and not be influenced by lies spewed out by Bruce Summa and the Village haters
Holy Cow

Bronx, NY

#40 Mar 30, 2013
Truth Is wrote:
<quoted text>
Please explain how we are getting rid of the crappy homes when we have increased the number of government subsidized rentals since we have become a village. I hear the landlords are coming in for rental permits at an alarming rate, something like 10 to 15 rental permit applications a day. So genius once you get rid of the blighted homes how are you keeping other landlords from buying them and putting in more sh!tty tenants? What is your plan to get a better class of people to move here? Habitat took care of 9 homes how about the other 1,500 blighted homes? How many people with money are buying in a flood plain? How come I have 4 new crappy rentals on my block? I preferred the empty foreclosed homes to them now having bad renters living in them. I think the village has made it easier to be a slumlord.
You are so smart, somehow you know everything so what are you doing to help? What did the town do? Simply whining is not a solution. The village is working with CDC, and social service to stop the dumping and to demand they regularly inspect these homes. If you have a magic solution please let the village know - I do know that letting the town spend decades ignoring us, or allowing the slumlords at the MBPOA to try and control the process for their own benefit was not the solution.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mastic Beach faces steep tax increases or sharp... 6 hr Mongo 41
mastic village being dissolved 11 hr Really Brady 41
mbv seeks volunteer work crews 19 hr Evan Politico 1
Six Mastic residents charged with patronizing p... (Nov '11) 19 hr Evan Politico 8
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) May 3 Lou 498
Finally we have sanity Apr 30 Dog 8
Joe is a complete failure and lier Apr 30 Mbv 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Center Moriches Mortgages