Snow removal on Neighborhood Road
First Prev
of 5
Next Last
Proud Mastic Beacher

Shirley, NY

#83 Jan 20, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>What if Bill parks his truck on his driveway? He has 2 of them. You are being premature with your "new village code enforcer" rhetoric. And, the Town code, which will likely be adopted as the village code, allows commercial vehicles under 10,000 pounds GVW. The truck you are soooooooo worried about, is likely under 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight rating. Gee Whiz.
Again trying to explain to some of these people is like trying to hammer that JELLO to a tree. Impossible.Thank goodness we aren't all so thick as some. Some of us get it.

Since: Dec 10

Bronx, NY

#84 Jan 20, 2011
Just drove by High School. I noticed the sidewalk all around the school was not shoveled. The kids are walking in the road.

Good job WFSD!!
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#85 Jan 20, 2011
Proud Mastic Beacher wrote:
<quoted text>
Again trying to explain to some of these people is like trying to hammer that JELLO to a tree. Impossible.Thank goodness we aren't all so thick as some. Some of us get it.
Yeah, I must be really stupid. If the truck is under 10,000 GVW it is LEGAL. Your point is there will be preferential treatment given to Paul's neighbors......PROVE IT. Otherwise, you are just blowing smoke out of your ass.
Proud Mastic Beacher

Shirley, NY

#86 Jan 20, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah, I must be really stupid. If the truck is under 10,000 GVW it is LEGAL. Your point is there will be preferential treatment given to Paul's neighbors......PROVE IT. Otherwise, you are just blowing smoke out of your ass.
Excuse me, I agreed with you. Just stated that no matter how you or I or anyone else tried to explain these things some just don't get it.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#87 Jan 20, 2011
<quoted text>
Excuse me, I agreed with you. Just stated that no matter how you or I or anyone else tried to explain these things some just don't get it.
Sorry, I was just a little quick on the trigger.
whatever

Trenton, NJ

#88 Jan 20, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>What if Bill parks his truck on his driveway? He has 2 of them. You are being premature with your "new village code enforcer" rhetoric. And, the Town code, which will likely be adopted as the village code, allows commercial vehicles under 10,000 pounds GVW. The truck you are soooooooo worried about, is likely under 10,000 pounds gross vehicle weight rating. Gee Whiz.
It's not in his driveway, it's on the ROAD! Has been on the road, and still is parked ON THE ROAD! Both trucks and trailer. I was unaware that commercial vehicles and trailers could be left parked IN THE ROAD for an unlimited length of time. So I guess we can all park our boats ON THE ROAD also?
This village will be great, I'm going to start a business allowing commercial vehicles and trailers to be parked in front my house if we won't be fined for it!
whatever

Trenton, NJ

#89 Jan 20, 2011
<quoted text>
Some of you get it?
Would that be the special treatment from our new "mayor"? I guess if you kissed his ass long enough, he'll let your "code violations" slide. Good to know!
Proud Mastic Beacher

Shirley, NY

#90 Jan 20, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I was just a little quick on the trigger.
No Problem. Just wanted to let you know I wasn't one of the nay- sayers
whatever

Trenton, NJ

#91 Jan 20, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>Sorry, I was just a little quick on the trigger.
SEE!! NONE of you ever read. You just make snap, and INACCURATE, judgments! You must be one of our trustees!
Proud Mastic Beacher

Shirley, NY

#92 Jan 20, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>SEE!! NONE of you ever read. You just make snap, and INACCURATE, judgments! You must be one of our trustees!
Nope, sorry to disappoint you not involved in Village goverment.

Since: Dec 07

Mastic Beach N.Y.

#93 Jan 20, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text> It's nothing personal at all, I just don't like double standards or special treatment because someone "knows" someone.
Anyone that is issued a ticket from the new village code enforcer for having a commercial vehicle parked on the road overnight should NOT pay it and sight as the reason that Mayor Paul's neighbor at 22 Ducky Ln wasn't issued a ticket first for the box truck being left on the street. I mean come on, Paul lives right there, he knows it's illegal and he sees it every day.
It is still Brookhaven's responsability currently,and again,they fall down as they have for a long time.You also give lousy legal advice.

“Vote YES for the Village!!”

Since: Apr 10

Mastic Beach

#94 Jan 20, 2011
Take it up with the town, until June 1st they are responsible for type of issue. The number is 451-town. If you ever set up a government you know it takes longer than 3 months which it will be 3 months on Saturday.
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>It's not in his driveway, it's on the ROAD! Has been on the road, and still is parked ON THE ROAD! Both trucks and trailer. I was unaware that commercial vehicles and trailers could be left parked IN THE ROAD for an unlimited length of time. So I guess we can all park our boats ON THE ROAD also?
This village will be great, I'm going to start a business allowing commercial vehicles and trailers to be parked in front my house if we won't be fined for it!
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#95 Jan 21, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>It's not in his driveway, it's on the ROAD! Has been on the road, and still is parked ON THE ROAD! Both trucks and trailer. I was unaware that commercial vehicles and trailers could be left parked IN THE ROAD for an unlimited length of time. So I guess we can all park our boats ON THE ROAD also?
The vehicles in question have been there for many years, without complaint from any of the residents by the way. But, you seem to forget there is a 10,000 pound GVW weight limit before the commercial vehicle becomes illegal. I don't know what the GVW is for the truck or trailer you are describing, so check your facts before you claim it they are illegal...they may not be.

Boats....you have not yet had one ticket be written for a boat on a trailer by the village (nobody has). The law allows trailered boats to be parked on your property, but they must be behind the footprint of you foundation (side yard or back yard). The TOWN sometimes gave out tickets for this, when the boat was in the street and was blocking the view of oncoming traffic.

I doubt anyone will get a code violation for a registered boat/trailer ON private property, in front of the foundation, since Paul has one in his front yard.
whatever

Trenton, NJ

#96 Jan 21, 2011
Really wrote:
<quoted text>The vehicles in question have been there for many years, without complaint from any of the residents by the way. But, you seem to forget there is a 10,000 pound GVW weight limit before the commercial vehicle becomes illegal. I don't know what the GVW is for the truck or trailer you are describing, so check your facts before you claim it they are illegal...they may not be.
Boats....you have not yet had one ticket be written for a boat on a trailer by the village (nobody has). The law allows trailered boats to be parked on your property, but they must be behind the footprint of you foundation (side yard or back yard). The TOWN sometimes gave out tickets for this, when the boat was in the street and was blocking the view of oncoming traffic.
I doubt anyone will get a code violation for a registered boat/trailer ON private property, in front of the foundation, since Paul has one in his front yard.
DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!! I guess if Paul doesn't want to play by the rules, none of us will have to.
Nice start to a corrupt government!

I know none of this is the "villages" concern yet. Paul's too busy with his lawsuit against the MBPOA to care about this anyways. It's nice how his VERY FIRST order of business is to go after the MBPOA when all along he said he had no intentions of taking over their property or waterfront. Oh well, he is a politician after all.
Keep the lies coming please.
Really

Bridgeport, CT

#97 Jan 21, 2011
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
DOUBLE STANDARDS!!!! I guess if Paul doesn't want to play by the rules, none of us will have to.
I know none of this is the "villages" concern yet. Paul's too busy with his lawsuit against the MBPOA to care about this anyways. It's nice how his VERY FIRST order of business is to go after the MBPOA when all along he said he had no intentions of taking over their property or waterfront. Oh well, he is a politician after all.
Nice change of topic. I gave you a cogent argument, and in one case I agreed with you. So, then you go bring up the MBPOA stuff. Well, if you want to go there...I hope the MBPOA has to relinquish all the properties, as per their deed.

Future corruption....you must have a crystal ball. Or is it the magic 8-ball?

“Vote YES for the Village!!”

Since: Apr 10

Mastic Beach

#98 Jan 21, 2011
We are a waterfront community, i see that code changing once the village starts to tweek the codes on the books. As for the MBPOA, let the lawsuit start i am all for it, those properties belong to the Residents of the village of mastic beach not the select few who choose to pay dues!!! Thank you Paul and Trustees for taking action on this, I cannot wait to be able to walk down the Marina without being chased away!!!
whatever wrote:
<quoted text>
Legal Eagle

Shirley, NY

#99 Jan 24, 2014
Fed up with the lies wrote:
What dont Ayou get that is money you are already paying the town, when the village takes over you will no longer pay it to the town but to the village!!!! TAXES ARE NOT GOING UP JUST PAYED TO A DIFFERENT GOVERNMENTAL AGENCY!!! Oh my lord how many times and in how many different ways can that be explained!!!!
<quoted text>
STOP THIS THREAD - IT IS STUPID It is a conversation about taxes because taxes scare people.
ALL COMPLAINTS ABOUT HIGHER TAXES SHOULD BE FORWARD TO THE SCHOOL BOARD, THE FIRE DISTRICT AND THE LIBRARY. All this tax crap is political babble trying to scare folks. Taxes went up substantially for the school, library and fire department and DID NOT GO UP ONE CENT for the village. did any of the people complaining about the village tax ever go and complain to those money pits? Facts are Facts and scaring people with lies shows how shallow people can be.

Since: Apr 09

Shirley, NY

#100 Jan 24, 2014
Last post was Jan 2011. You resurrected it..

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 5
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Squatter Joe is wrong for MBV (Dec '15) 6 hr Wow 18
News Shirley massage therapists arrested for offerin... (Apr '08) Wed Cash In Pocket 200
piece of shitt SPERY Tue Anonymous 67
mastic village being dissolved Jul 25 Scum bags 105
Smith Point to Start Charging $4 to park there ... (Jun '12) Jul 23 Badtobeboned 9
petition to disolve the village of mastic beach... (Dec '10) Jul 22 11951Ratdog 202
News Cops: Massapequa builder bilks customer out of ... (Nov '07) Jul 22 nancys 147

Center Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Center Moriches Mortgages