Comments
1 - 20 of 31 Comments Last updated Aug 20, 2013
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Newbie_

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

4

4

3

The one thing that I can not stand more than anything is being woken up in the middle of the night by blasting music. I know from reading the village website that there are codes defining acceptable noise levels at different times of the day and night. I'm all for having a good time and hanging out with friends and family but I do not think it should be at the expense of other people's quality of life. So, when my windows were rattling and my entire family was woken up, saying that I was upset would be an understatement. However, while we were discussing what to do and watching all the other houses lights go on (yes, the entire block was woken up), code enforcement showed up with their flashing yellow lights and 10 minutes later the block was quiet and everyone was back in bed. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!
yes

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

1

Newbie_ wrote:
The one thing that I can not stand more than anything is being woken up in the middle of the night by blasting music. I know from reading the village website that there are codes defining acceptable noise levels at different times of the day and night. I'm all for having a good time and hanging out with friends and family but I do not think it should be at the expense of other people's quality of life. So, when my windows were rattling and my entire family was woken up, saying that I was upset would be an understatement. However, while we were discussing what to do and watching all the other houses lights go on (yes, the entire block was woken up), code enforcement showed up with their flashing yellow lights and 10 minutes later the block was quiet and everyone was back in bed. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!
I didn't know they work nights. Good.
wow

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

2

2

Calling BS on this one. When you call code enforcers for a noise complaint, they tell you to call the police because they dont have a 'Decibel meter'.
True story.
wheredo you get your info

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

wow wrote:
Calling BS on this one. When you call code enforcers for a noise complaint, they tell you to call the police because they dont have a 'Decibel meter'.
True story.
The Village bought a Decibel Meter months ago. Maybe you should attend meetings and you would have known that
wow

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

wheredo you get your info wrote:
<quoted text>
The Village bought a Decibel Meter months ago. Maybe you should attend meetings and you would have known that
Still calling BS. When my neighbors and I called about a HUGE party a month ago, Code enforcement drove by 3 times and didnt stop ONCE! My guess is they were too afraid to. We had to call the police for anything to get done. Police showed up and party was over at 11.
Thanks 7th for DOING YOUR JOBS AND THE JOB OF OUR CODE ENFORCERS!
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

3

Code enforcement writes code violations. They also record activity that sometimes lead to criminal events which are ONLY handled by police. You constantly keep trying to say that code enforcement is supposed to do police work.

Do you think that if someone turns in a problem house, that maybe this will cause the village to initiate a check of the ownership and status of the property (unregistered rental perhaps).
wow

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Brady wrote:
Code enforcement writes code violations. They also record activity that sometimes lead to criminal events which are ONLY handled by police. You constantly keep trying to say that code enforcement is supposed to do police work.
Do you think that if someone turns in a problem house, that maybe this will cause the village to initiate a check of the ownership and status of the property (unregistered rental perhaps).
Noise complaints are in the VILLAGE CODES!!!! LOOK IT UP! Therefor, village code enforcers ENFORCE the code of noise levels. YOU seem to think that the police have to handle every problem in MBV. Noise complaints fall under the jurisdiction of Village Code! The problem is that we have a huge code enforcement budget for the code enforcers to do nothing.
And if code enforcement only writes code violations, why do they patrol MBV all the time? They arent handing out tickets,(thats Zany's job apparently). They arent doing anything but wasting gas, putting miles on the cars and trying to justify having a million dollar budget. 2 code enforcers and one car is all we need for code enforcement to "hand out tickets". Not a 12 man force with 2 cars and an SUV. Once again you defend the incompetence of our village.
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Newbie_ wrote:
The one thing that I can not stand more than anything is being woken up in the middle of the night by blasting music. I know from reading the village website that there are codes defining acceptable noise levels at different times of the day and night. I'm all for having a good time and hanging out with friends and family but I do not think it should be at the expense of other people's quality of life. So, when my windows were rattling and my entire family was woken up, saying that I was upset would be an understatement. However, while we were discussing what to do and watching all the other houses lights go on (yes, the entire block was woken up), code enforcement showed up with their flashing yellow lights and 10 minutes later the block was quiet and everyone was back in bed. THANK YOU GENTLEMEN!!
thats a bunch of bull. i called codies about a noise oomplaint for a party at 2 am two weeks ago. they told me to call the police.
yes

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>thats a bunch of bull. i called codies about a noise oomplaint for a party at 2 am two weeks ago. they told me to call the police.
Does that mean they don't work nights? Someone above said they did. Now I'm confused.
Reality Check

Saint Petersburg, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

6

2

2

You people forget what you were doing in your youth (buying beer at 18 and having keg parties) and fail to see how todays kids are so harrassed by law enforcement the have taken to doing drugs like heroin quietly in the parents basements. They live in there parents basements cause that's the only place they can afford thank to the greedy corrupt polotion's you people elect.

So glad I moved my family the hell off longisland !
OMG

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>thats a bunch of bull. i called codies about a noise oomplaint for a party at 2 am two weeks ago. they told me to call the police.
I doubt you called Code at 2 am and they told you to call SCPD. Code only works until 12am Nice try though,
Not here

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
I doubt you called Code at 2 am and they told you to call SCPD. Code only works until 12am Nice try though,
Really? Because on their web site they have an "after hours" phone number to call for code enforcement. Are you saying thats a lie? That it just rings and rings and no one is there to answer it? why have an "after hours" number then? Either youre lying or the village is lying. Which is it?
OMG

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Not here wrote:
<quoted text>Really? Because on their web site they have an "after hours" phone number to call for code enforcement. Are you saying thats a lie? That it just rings and rings and no one is there to answer it? why have an "after hours" number then? Either youre lying or the village is lying. Which is it?
You're the one who called did it ring and ring and ring?
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

i called the after hours number. thank you. i was advised to call the police.
Not here

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Aug 18, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>
You're the one who called did it ring and ring and ring?
I didnt call the code enforcers after hours. I've just decided to skip the code enforcers and call the police. The "code enforcers" are a million dollar waste. And I'm not calling narking on my neighbors because they extended their deck by 4 ft.I dont care about that. I care about noise at 1 in the morning that the code enforcers wont enforce.
Newbie_

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Good Lord, you people are insane!
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Newbie_ wrote:
Good Lord, you people are insane!
You are so right. Can you believe this person expects code enforcement to be working at 1AM to handle a noise disturbance call? He would be the same guy complaining if they WERE working at 1AM.
Not here

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>You are so right. Can you believe this person expects code enforcement to be working at 1AM to handle a noise disturbance call? He would be the same guy complaining if they WERE working at 1AM.
You're an idiot. My complaint is that they dont enforce the codes in their own codes. And that they have a MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET to not enforce those codes. For a mil,lion dollars, this place should look beautiful by now and all grass, trash and bamboo should be gone with all the tickets they should be handing out. What does code enforcement do all day with that million dollar budget? Drive around all day watching one civic group?
Not here

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Newbie_ wrote:
Good Lord, you people are insane!
And youre a BSer.
Brady

East Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Aug 19, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

2

Not here wrote:
<quoted text>You're an idiot. My complaint is that they dont enforce the codes in their own codes. And that they have a MILLION DOLLAR BUDGET to not enforce those codes. For a mil,lion dollars, this place should look beautiful by now and all grass, trash and bamboo should be gone with all the tickets they should be handing out. What does code enforcement do all day with that million dollar budget? Drive around all day watching one civic group?
Please, do not run for office. You think the budget is to be entirely dedicated to beautification? Aren't you forgetting the other expenses being incurred?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Center Moriches Discussions

Search the Center Moriches Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 7 min Wake up 669
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 8 min trs 16,778
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) 43 min Time for more arrests 204
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr land of the slaves 6,371
Seafest sucks,again 1 hr Rimm a Linga Dingdong 9
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 4 hr voter 6,366
HORSE POST FARM/Horse boarding in Manorville/R... (Apr '13) 8 hr Dantheman 49
•••
•••

Center Moriches News Video

•••
Center Moriches Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

Center Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Center Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Center Moriches News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Center Moriches
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••