First Prev
of 8
Next Last
Please

Mastic, NY

#148 Jan 30, 2014
More on wrote:
Storm drains are NEVER pumped out. EVER .
Grass on side of roads never mowed. Phragmities are now growing in the road and destroying them.
Roads never paved. Roads look like sh!t.
Riviera was filled and grated twice a year. Village did it once in three years and they F- ed it up and was fined.
Roads are swept once every two years. Town did it three times a year minimum.
Street lights are never replaced.
If you think we have the same services as before with the TOB, you're insane and delusional.
But please, tell me how the village always pumps out the storm drains! They pumped ONE drain for their photo op for the newsletter then broke the machine. It hasn't been used since.
Roads maintained and repaired much better than TOB, roadside grass always cut, street lights are replaced.
Catch basins, what you are calling storm drains, were never pumped. Don't know where you got that idea from because it's never been done here. They were put in by TOB in places where waters piled up after storms. They were only to temporarily relieve flooding and were a bandaid solution to a bigger problem. TOB never addressed the flooding correctly and we now live with the result of their neglect. Catch basins are mosquito farms. Mosquitoes spread disease. They should be filled in or a true sewer system, if possible, should be installed. But, that would increase taxes. I hope the board is working on something about this problem, but it's not a simple solution. Same for Riviera Dr. It's not a simple solution. Flooding must be addressed and a real plan is needed. I think the board is looking into this. It would be good to do this right, finally. TOB did not. The village did not cause this problem. TOB did.
More on

Stamford, CT

#149 Jan 30, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
Over the past one year, if anyone has driven outside of MBV while still within the Town of brookhaven, you will notice tall grass along every road, litter not being picked up, and most of the other ills being listed by moreon.
The Town does not pump out storm drains, unless the resident puts in a ticket. Do you (moreon) really believe the Town sucks out about 10,000 storm basins yearly?
I have seen the mowers in MBV and they cut the sides of the roads about every 2 weeks.
Street sweeping is not usually done until after the last snow, usually around April 1st.
the storm drains by me were pumped every month or two so flooding wouldn't occur. The village has never done it. Not once. And if the grass is mowed by you, then you must live by Stiritz marina. That is the only place where it's mowed consistently. It was done once in the middle of the summer last year and that was it. ALL the roads by the wetlands are being destroyed by the phragmities growing into them. I can see why the village isn't mowing them. I'm sure Gary's family will get the contract to repair them once they are declared un-usable. Stroke their ego all you want, the place looks like sh!t and the village in no way does what the TOB used to do.
And have you tried to get a permit from Tim B yet? Never mind, I'm sure you will say "why yes, two days and I received my permits". Anyone who has had to deal with the village or Tim B knows that it takes forever to get that guy to show up. Here's a hint for you all. Wait for him at the rear exit of village hall. He's always sneaking out the back to avoid any real work.
More on

Stamford, CT

#150 Jan 30, 2014
Please wrote:
<quoted text>
Roads maintained and repaired much better than TOB, roadside grass always cut, street lights are replaced.
Catch basins, what you are calling storm drains, were never pumped. Don't know where you got that idea from because it's never been done here. They were put in by TOB in places where waters piled up after storms. They were only to temporarily relieve flooding and were a bandaid solution to a bigger problem. TOB never addressed the flooding correctly and we now live with the result of their neglect. Catch basins are mosquito farms. Mosquitoes spread disease. They should be filled in or a true sewer system, if possible, should be installed. But, that would increase taxes. I hope the board is working on something about this problem, but it's not a simple solution. Same for Riviera Dr. It's not a simple solution. Flooding must be addressed and a real plan is needed. I think the board is looking into this. It would be good to do this right, finally. TOB did not. The village did not cause this problem. TOB did.
one word..... BULLSH!T
Tim_B_Hershy _Hi-Way

Germany

#151 Jan 30, 2014
More on wrote:
<quoted text>Wait for him at the rear exit of village hall. He's always sneaking out the back to avoid any real work.
I am a back door man. I let Evan ride my hi-way all the time.
Dumb Idea

Stamford, CT

#152 Jan 30, 2014
More on wrote:
<quoted text>one word..... BULLSH!T
You know what else has the initials B S (Bruce Summa). I don't want to pay to park in MBV.
True story

Bronx, NY

#153 Jan 30, 2014
More on named correctly it's like more a
Dumb Idea

Stamford, CT

#154 Jan 30, 2014
Tim_B_Hershy _Hi-Way wrote:
<quoted text>I am a back door man. I let Evan ride my hi-way all the time.
Evan must have been bumped off topix so now he uses a proxy ap. keep posting your slimy rants, every one will be reported.
doosh_brady

Germany

#155 Jan 30, 2014
Dumb Idea wrote:
<quoted text>every one will be reported.
how is that working out for you so far?
What

Mastic, NY

#157 Jan 30, 2014
More on wrote:
<quoted text>the storm drains by me were pumped every month or two so flooding wouldn't occur. The village has never done it. Not once. And if the grass is mowed by you, then you must live by Stiritz marina. That is the only place where it's mowed consistently. It was done once in the middle of the summer last year and that was it. ALL the roads by the wetlands are being destroyed by the phragmities growing into them. I can see why the village isn't mowing them. I'm sure Gary's family will get the contract to repair them once they are declared un-usable. Stroke their ego all you want, the place looks like sh!t and the village in no way does what the TOB used to do.
And have you tried to get a permit from Tim B yet? Never mind, I'm sure you will say "why yes, two days and I received my permits". Anyone who has had to deal with the village or Tim B knows that it takes forever to get that guy to show up. Here's a hint for you all. Wait for him at the rear exit of village hall. He's always sneaking out the back to avoid any real work.
One word..... BULLSH!T!
is that right

Mastic, NY

#158 Jan 30, 2014
True story wrote:
More on named correctly it's like more a
Is that right? Is the poster MORE ON really Maura? That means that MORE ON is running for office? Are you sure?
More on

Stamford, CT

#160 Jan 30, 2014
What wrote:
<quoted text>
One word..... BULLSH!T!
wow. You're so original. Gail and Bob are still losing. Deal with it.

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#162 Feb 5, 2014
Told you there would be a new candidate! Remember my prediction...wait for 02/12/2014 for the petitions. Now the fun begins.
woww

Mastic, NY

#163 Feb 5, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
Told you there would be a new candidate! Remember my prediction...wait for 02/12/2014 for the petitions. Now the fun begins.
I love a mystery.
Manorville

Shirley, NY

#164 Feb 5, 2014
woww wrote:
<quoted text>
I love a mystery.
Mystery solved--it is Paul Breschard!! Does he really think anyone is going to vote for a quitter?
woww

Mastic, NY

#165 Feb 5, 2014
Manorville wrote:
<quoted text>
Mystery solved--it is Paul Breschard!! Does he really think anyone is going to vote for a quitter?
Holy Toledo! Flabbergasted I am.
MB Lover

Shirley, NY

#166 Feb 5, 2014
Manorville wrote:
<quoted text>
I am in shock. If he couldn't do the job as Mayor how will he convince us that he can do the job of Trustee?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 8
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Mastic Beach Village employee claims in police ... (Apr '15) 32 min Go away ann 139
Dissolve the village Thu Loza 10
News Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) Jun 21 Badothebone 78
Squatters and high grass Jun 21 Sick 30
Has anybody heard Jun 20 UR Nate 1
esm Jun 9 We are ESM 9
Cocoa the Yorkie Mar '16 Dantheman 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Center Moriches Mortgages