First Prev
of 4
Next Last
john from pennwood dr mas

Brooklyn, NY

#62 May 2, 2013
Mbpa wrote:
A murder in Mastic Beach back in the very early 80's? From what I remember, the murderer was a local guy who worked at a video game parlor and convinced a young boy and a young girl to follow him into a basement of a deserted house. He then tortured the boy to death and dumped his body under a mattress near the bay. I think the little girl lived.
Anyone remember if that monster was convicted? Is he still serving time if he was convicted?
i was friends with doug he was a good kid and smart
Floyd Alumni

Monroe, LA

#63 May 17, 2013
Manda wrote:
My mom personally knew the little boy from church and was just telling me this whole story. She worked at the school he attended and remembers his first name was Doug. Does anyone remember his last name? She also became close with the girl involved after this murder and assault, and was trying to look up old stories about it to show me.
<quoted text>
His name was Douglas Myer.. I knew him because he played with my sister sometimes and was a year behind me in school.. he was in math club with me..
Evan Politico

Hicksville, NY

#64 May 17, 2013
Does anyone here remember Viera Lynn Yo?
Lets never forget

Ridgewood, NY

#66 May 18, 2013
The case of the little girl who was not able to get the proper treatment for her cancer or the poor guy who was attacked with a plumbing snake and so may other "Redneck like" incidents.

It seems as if these heinous acts have kind of stopped since the village began to clean itself up and take control of their own destiny.
mary madden

Merchantville, NJ

#67 Nov 20, 2013
The boy murdered in the early eighties was Douglas Meyer. He was in my Social Studies class at the time. He was very poor and picked on at school. I have his face embedded in my mind. The story I heard is that he told Douglas and the girl that he would pay them to clean his basement because he was having his girlfriend and her three kids move in. He locked them in separate rooms and went back and forth sexually assaulting Douglas. Douglas put up a fight and then was stabbed over 20 times. The girl escaped out a window. The bastard that did this hid his body in a garbage dumpster and put a mattress over him. This was behind a second hand clothing store named Chickies.
wow

Mastic Beach, NY

#68 Nov 20, 2013
Lets never forget wrote:
The case of the little girl who was not able to get the proper treatment for her cancer or the poor guy who was attacked with a plumbing snake and so may other "Redneck like" incidents.
It seems as if these heinous acts have kind of stopped since the village began to clean itself up and take control of their own destiny.
The village has nothing to with any of this. Good or bad.
By your argument I can say..."oh my, ever since the village was voted in, we have had soooo many wild animal found here~! Mostly alligators! I guess now that we are a village, we will see more alligators!" We never had reports of alligators BEFORE we became a village and a bunch after, so, I guess it's the villages fault. Do you see how stupid that sounds?
Brady

Shirley, NY

#69 Nov 20, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>The village has nothing to with any of this. Good or bad.
By your argument I can say..."oh my, ever since the village was voted in, we have had soooo many wild animal found here~! Mostly alligators! I guess now that we are a village, we will see more alligators!" We never had reports of alligators BEFORE we became a village and a bunch after, so, I guess it's the villages fault. Do you see how stupid that sounds?
Although you are right this time, I did notice there is a noticeable reduction in news accounts of crimes in MBV. I remember when a chrome colored flip phone, owned by the clerk in the Trac gas station became missing.(It was probably stolen). Somehow, Newsday had the nerve to report this as a lead story saying "phone robbed in Mastic Beach". The same day there was a murder in another town, but you had to read most of the article to find out where it happened. There is no doubt that the perception of MBV will take time to change. Mistake Beach, remember that?
Brady

Shoreham, NY

#70 Nov 20, 2013
I love gattors so go stuff it!
Phinneas J Whoopie

Ridgewood, NY

#71 Nov 21, 2013
wow wrote:
<quoted text>The village has nothing to with any of this. Good or bad.
I have no clue what you are talking about with this example you provide. There is no doubt that the crimes that used to make you shake your head because they were so abhorrent in nature have receded.

That's a good thing so why are you complaining about it.
Phinneas J Whoopie

Ridgewood, NY

#72 Nov 21, 2013
One additional point, maybe the days of the likes of Stephan Lavalle are behind us.
karobertson

Buffalo, NY

#73 Jul 14, 2014
hell wrote:
<quoted text>the place was lucky's pizza parlor on mastic beach rd.It became the video game parlor.opeaches own it.His brother is the one who killed the little boy.He was out of jail a week or so.for molelesting other children.and his brother let him work there!I used to live there.as a child.and moved away when my kid's were 12&13 years old.
- Actually it was the Oppiccis that owned the ice cream/arcade and it was the owners brother in law that committed the crime not his brother. He was not on parole for molesting other children. Also it was not an abandoned home that he brought them to but rather the basement of the home that his wife and daughter lived. He was convicted to 37.5 years to life. I know these things because he is my father.
karobertson

Buffalo, NY

#74 Jul 14, 2014
mary madden wrote:
The boy murdered in the early eighties was Douglas Meyer. He was in my Social Studies class at the time. He was very poor and picked on at school. I have h Iis face embedded in my mind. The story I heard is that he told Douglas and the girl that he would pay them to clean his basement because he was having his girlfriend and her three kids move in. He locked them in separate rooms and went back and forth sexually assaulting Douglas. Douglas put up a fight and then was stabbed over 20 times. The girl escaped out a window. The bastard that did this hid his body in a garbage dumpster and put a mattress over him. This was behind a second hand clothing store named Chickies.
No he hid the clothes in the dumpster. The body was in a Marsh covered with the mattress. The girl he gave money to and sent her home telling her not to tell. And the house was already occupied. My mother was at work when this happened. I am his daughter and have lived my whole life bearing the weight of his sins. My sympathies to both families.
karobertson

Buffalo, NY

#75 Jul 14, 2014
Floyd Alumni wrote:
<quoted text>
His name was Douglas Myer.. I knew him because he played with my sister sometimes and was a year behind me in school.. he was in math club with me..

My sympathies to both families. I truly hope the girl involved was able to move past this nightmare. As the daughter of the man guilty of the crime I have grown up carrying the weight of his sins. His actions destroyed many lives.
karobertson

Buffalo, NY

#76 Jul 14, 2014
thankful wrote:
I believe Doug Meyer's murder was the very late 70s. I don't think I was more than 10.He was a friend of mine.He made that sadistic bastard torture him,& would do what the guy wanted the girl to do-because,even at 13,he was trying to protect that poor girl.I remember all of us searching the woods for him,&when his jacket was fouind in a dumpster(I think at the CorAce plaza.We were never allowed to hear what happened to that scumbag.But Doug is a hero in my eyes,& I miss him.Today,we're a bit jaded twd violence,but the 70s?The Beach was safe,few cars down the streets,most didn't lock doors then. It makes you humble & thankful to still be here.I always wonder what happened to thecruelbastard.
It was 1981. The man was convicted and sentenced to 37.5 years to life. He will never be free again. I am his daughter.
karobertson

Buffalo, NY

#77 Jul 14, 2014
Greg wrote:
I remember Doug Meyers. He was my friend. We met in 2nd grade. His family had no money and lived in a tiny little run down house on the border of Mastic Beach and Shirley. He and the little girl were walking own Neighborhood Rd on the way to town when they were approached by that monster. He convinced them to get in the car because it was cold, and he promised to drive them home. That was the last time Doug was seen alive. A few weeks later they found his body under a dirty mattress behind Chickies Place on Mastic Rd.
I think of Doug often. He was a sweet gentle kid, an underdog who when it came time, gave his own life to spare the life of another. He was torchered and stabbed to death and then thrown out like garbage.
I hate the sick pervert who did his and I hope he suffers every day of his miserable life. I know he was convicted and sentenced but the term was short and he is out of jail for about 10 years now.
Dougs family did not have a lot of money, if any at all. I remember he wore them winter coat in 7th grade that he wore in 2nd. It was short in the sleeves, and didn't close anymore. His clothes were all from good will, and he was skinny, but he was smart, he was focussed, and I knew that of anyone else in that school he had a huge future. I often wonder what he would have become. A doctor? A lawyer? A teacher?
I love the movie The Polar Express because the little boy who is unsure about boarding the train reminds me of Doug in so many ways that I actually well up.
I miss you Doug. You were a good, sweet kid who didn't deserve to die. You are and forever will be a hero in my eyes. Sore with the angels myfriend!!
The man convicted has not been released. Nor will he ever be. He received 37.5 - life. I am that mans daughter. My sympathies to both families involved.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
employee batered in village hall last week 25 min hodoo 31
Issues With Mastic Beach 45 min hoo doo you think... 113
nancy aka hoodo and her hate ( new horizons ) 14 hr Really Brady 116
Cody Ford Should Go 23 hr hodoo 56
Matel's Unemployed Barbie Nurse Doll Mar 28 hodoo 29
The Hunt Mar 26 sara 1
Hiring Mar 26 Goes to meetings 3
Center Moriches Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web