Huntington parking lot to get environmental improvements, more spaces

Apr 15, 2014 Full story: Newsday 258

The Huntington Town board recently approved appropriating as much as $300,000 from the Environmental Open Space and Park Fund to re-landscape the area to improve drainage.

Full Story
Kevin Scrotum

Moriches, NY

#201 Jul 12, 2013
What what wrote:
<quoted text>
No joke: Maybe you should ask them that question and apply for the job?
I would nominate Brady, but he or she does not go to meetings.
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#202 Jul 12, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>But the taxpayers did have a say, under NY Village Law They could have filed a petition known as a Permissive Referendum, but THEY DIDN'T! That means the residents are satisfied with the announced purchase and bond proposal. If you were so against this, why didn't you do something, besides post on here?
actually, i think that this means that nobody had time to do this. after all, it was at a very busy time of year. some people have families, and lives and appointments to keep. some people have weddings and graduations and 4th of july. this was done purposely at the time of year that people are the most busy. i would have done this referendum if i had time; but unfortunately, i didn't. i am saving my permissive referendum for when they do something worse. i am sorry that they got away with it, but i can't do everything by myself.
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#203 Jul 12, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>When you voted in the village, you gave governing powers to the elected officials. You had the right to pursue a permissive referendum, which I outlined the steps as far back as February, but for some reason chose not to. That's all you get.
Sent from my ipad at the optimum wifi zone near Onofrio's while on a lunch break.
why should i have to do a permissive referendum anyway? why doesn't the village get public input BEFORE spending my money? we need to hold them accountable for every dime that they spend. they do so many things like this that there would need to be a permissive referendum every week to keep up.
Mastic Beach

Moriches, NY

#204 Jul 12, 2013
wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>why should i have to do a permissive referendum anyway? why doesn't the village get public input BEFORE spending my money? we need to hold them accountable for every dime that they spend. they do so many things like this that there would need to be a permissive referendum every week to keep up.
They did !! Go to the damn meetings instead of posting on here. Hell Bruce had it on his site Maura and her Merry Band of Thieves had it posted. It was not done in some back alley room.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#205 Jul 12, 2013
wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>why should i have to do a permissive referendum anyway? why doesn't the village get public input BEFORE spending my money? we need to hold them accountable for every dime that they spend. they do so many things like this that there would need to be a permissive referendum every week to keep up.
Sometimes, it's not a good idea to tip your hand. Case in point, the village was interested in Smitty's which would have been ideal. News leaked and Mr. Iforgethisname bought it for around half a million. Then, he offered it to the village for 2 million. Same thing with Associated.

You said you couldn't do a permissive referendum because you are too busy, don't have the time, etc. I believe the reason is more because you didn't have enough supporters, probably didn't know what had to be done, and if you did successfully get a valid number of signatures, the voters probably would have approved it anyway.

Note to Mr. Iforgethisname, AOZ-PLASK INC. pay your taxes dammit.
Zany

East Moriches, NY

#206 Jul 12, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Sometimes, it's not a good idea to tip your hand. Case in point, the village was interested in Smitty's which would have been ideal. News leaked and Mr. Iforgethisname bought it for around half a million. Then, he offered it to the village for 2 million. Same thing with Associated.
You said you couldn't do a permissive referendum because you are too busy, don't have the time, etc. I believe the reason is more because you didn't have enough supporters, probably didn't know what had to be done, and if you did successfully get a valid number of signatures, the voters probably would have approved it anyway.
Note to Mr. Iforgethisname, AOZ-PLASK INC. pay your taxes dammit.
Oh, just like when Gary didnt want to tip his hand when he tried to get approval for a cell tower. If he wanted one, we would all want one.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#207 Jul 12, 2013
Zany wrote:
<quoted text>Oh, just like when Gary didnt want to tip his hand when he tried to get approval for a cell tower. If he wanted one, we would all want one.
and if you didn't want one you could have protested his application when the proposal was posted. Do I have the pleasure of speaking with the former man from Kuwait? You seem to have the same amount of animus.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#208 Jul 12, 2013
Haha wrote:
Just drop the lawsuit and we will stop lying.
Really, this was started by Haha.
Mysore Pecker

Bronx, NY

#209 Jul 12, 2013
Yo scrote!
UH HUH

Manorville, NY

#210 Jul 13, 2013
wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>actually, i think that this means that nobody had time to do this. after all, it was at a very busy time of year. some people have families, and lives and appointments to keep. some people have weddings and graduations and 4th of july. this was done purposely at the time of year that people are the most busy. i would have done this referendum if i had time; but unfortunately, i didn't. i am saving my permissive referendum for when they do something worse. i am sorry that they got away with it, but i can't do everything by myself.
Had time? You idiots had TIME to file an article 78, You have TIME to spout BS on here. Always an excuse......I have two words for you....SHUT UP!!!
to wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#211 Jul 13, 2013
wf parent wrote:
Once again, you're exhibiting obsessive behavior. Extreeeeemmmmme. Go ahead. Demand accountability for every penny.
Or try this: Live your life. Try to derive some joy from your existence. Let the elected officials do what they were elected for. Our officials are doing a great job, no denying it, as much as you will try.
ur a sheeople

East Moriches, NY

#212 Jul 13, 2013
to wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>
Once again, you're exhibiting obsessive behavior. Extreeeeemmmmme. Go ahead. Demand accountability for every penny.
Or try this: Live your life. Try to derive some joy from your existence. Let the elected officials do what they were elected for. Our officials are doing a great job, no denying it, as much as you will try.
BBBBAAAHHHHHH BBAAHHHH baaaaahh
thats not the village i was promised.
to wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#213 Jul 13, 2013
ur a sheeople wrote:
<quoted text>BBBBAAAHHHHHH BBAAHHHH baaaaahh
thats not the village i was promised.
If you weren't smart enough to see reality, it's your own fault. Look at any other municipality. What do you see? Too bad YOU didn't understand, but that's on YOU.
Brady

Moriches, NY

#214 Jul 13, 2013
wf parent wrote:
Please think before you write. Let's use your argument the village should get public opinion before they spend YOUR money. Let us assume you have a house assessed at $2,000. You pay a whopping $220.18 a year. How would you propose the village consult with you? And you are not paying a single cent more than you paid the town 3 years ago.

Article 78 was mentioned, i don't think it is applicable, but filing one would require an attorney, cost money, and not guarentee the result desired.

The village employees and elected officials work diligently to make MBV better. Do you?
Yep

Mastic Beach, NY

#215 Jul 13, 2013
Brady wrote:
<quoted text>Please think before you write. Let's use your argument the village should get public opinion before they spend YOUR money. Let us assume you have a house assessed at $2,000. You pay a whopping $220.18 a year. How would you propose the village consult with you? And you are not paying a single cent more than you paid the town 3 years ago.
Article 78 was mentioned, i don't think it is applicable, but filing one would require an attorney, cost money, and not guarentee the result desired.
The village employees and elected officials work diligently to make MBV better. Do you?
That's our wise Brady.:)
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#216 Jul 13, 2013
to wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>
yes, i will demand acountability for every penny. so should you. if that is your opinion, then i guess you are ok with every thing that any elected officials do. I guess if the president wanted to tax your earnings an additional 20% you would be fine with it. i guess if the governor tried to tell you what to buy with your own money, or how much gas you were allowed to use in a single year, you would be fine with it. after all, according to you, we should all just let the elected officials do what they want, since we elected them. what a rube you are.
Kevin Scrotum

Moriches, NY

#217 Jul 13, 2013
wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i will demand acountability for every penny. so should you. if that is your opinion, then i guess you are ok with every thing that any elected officials do. I guess if the president wanted to tax your earnings an additional 20% you would be fine with it. i guess if the governor tried to tell you what to buy with your own money, or how much gas you were allowed to use in a single year, you would be fine with it. after all, according to you, we should all just let the elected officials do what they want, since we elected them. what a rube you are.
Actually, 20% more tax on my income would be more than the $220 village tax, in fact it would be around $20,000 more. I use almost 15 gallons a month so I doubt your idea would hurt me.

I get your point, I just don't find any of the expenditures being made exorbitant. Your idea that the Feds would alter the US tax code in such a drastic way would be subject to Congressional input and I would amend my income stream to yield the lowest tax implication. I would also vote out any congressman and senator who would do such a thing. I vote.
Harry Ballsacks

Bronx, NY

#218 Jul 13, 2013
Yo Scrote!
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#219 Jul 13, 2013
wf parent wrote:
<quoted text>yes, i will demand acountability for every penny. so should you. if that is your opinion, then i guess you are ok with every thing that any elected officials do. I guess if the president wanted to tax your earnings an additional 20% you would be fine with it. i guess if the governor tried to tell you what to buy with your own money, or how much gas you were allowed to use in a single year, you would be fine with it. after all, according to you, we should all just let the elected officials do what they want, since we elected them. what a rube you are.
I guess ... you are so anal that everything that is not within your control gives you much distress. Go chase the Governor, or the President, or maybe the Queen of England, for all I care. Have fun! The Village officials are doing GREAT and you don't like it. Too bad.
wf parent

Mastic Beach, NY

#220 Jul 13, 2013
wf parent wrote:
And, you're not just demanding accountability. You go as far as "worrying" about where to park at the festivals, will there be sand for a sand castle contest, etc. Just a continuous stream of BS, started for the sake of what? Hatred? We get it. You hate the Village. You're free to keep repeating your message, but it's boring already. You need something constructive to do.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Affair 19 min Evan Politico 19
4 years later ? 49 min Its time 6
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 1 hr friv4school 6,466
Cops: Mastic, Shirley safer after crackdown - (Nov '07) 10 hr what about it 207
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) 12 hr NAVYVET 760
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 12 hr NAVYVET 6,391
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) 17 hr Brian clowndog Th... 282

Center Moriches News Video

Center Moriches Dating

more search filters

less search filters

Center Moriches Jobs

Center Moriches People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Center Moriches News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in Center Moriches

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]