First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Since: Nov 13

Location hidden

#65 Apr 25, 2014
To keep things in perspective, I don't think Bruce has anything to do with the vile hoodo poster. I think Bruce has some ideas that would promote fewer rentals and rental problems. But, identifying the tenants is not the answer. The recourse against tenants is very limited, if any. Some are judgement proof. The village code would need to be changed to make a tenant jointly liable for violations. This would add an unnecessary burden on the justice Court to prove the tenant or the landlord or both were responsible. The benefits are outweighed by the burdens.
Really Cappiello

Shirley, NY

#66 Apr 25, 2014
Speaking of "outweighed"
ha ha ha

Amityville, NY

#68 Apr 25, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
To keep things in perspective, I don't think Bruce has anything to do with the vile hoodo poster. I think Bruce has some ideas that would promote fewer rentals and rental problems. But, identifying the tenants is not the answer. The recourse against tenants is very limited, if any. Some are judgement proof. The village code would need to be changed to make a tenant jointly liable for violations. This would add an unnecessary burden on the justice Court to prove the tenant or the landlord or both were responsible. The benefits are outweighed by the burdens.
actually, other places do hold the tenants responsible and their names are given to the local government who issued the rental permit. guess what? in order to get bad tenants to go away, you keep fining them and the landlord. they will get the idea that if they do stupid things, they will be fined and ticketed. Maybe then they won't want to live here anymore.
Resident

Shirley, NY

#69 Apr 25, 2014
I think it is a good idea to hold both the landlord and the tenant responsible for any issues that occur. Fine them both and maybe eventually they will get the idea that it is better to do things the right way.

Location hidden

#70 Apr 25, 2014
Resident wrote:
I think it is a good idea to hold both the landlord and the tenant responsible for any issues that occur. Fine them both and maybe eventually they will get the idea that it is better to do things the right way.
name one town or village in NY that does this! I say it is the owner who is responsible. Going after the tenants...really? Which one husband? Wife? The kids? The visitor who was sleeping over? There is still a necessity for the court to meet the statutory minimum level of proof, a preponderance of the evidence. Now, you want the court to be further burdened with proving WHO did the violation. I again say I don't agree with your idea Bruce.
Naw

Stamford, CT

#71 Apr 25, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>name one town or village in NY that does this! I say it is the owner who is responsible. Going after the tenants...really? Which one husband? Wife? The kids? The visitor who was sleeping over? There is still a necessity for the court to meet the statutory minimum level of proof, a preponderance of the evidence. Now, you want the court to be further burdened with proving WHO did the violation. I again say I don't agree with your idea Bruce.
yeah. why hold people accountable for their own actions? Its always someone else's fault, right?
ha ha ha

Amityville, NY

#72 Apr 25, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
<quoted text>name one town or village in NY that does this! I say it is the owner who is responsible. Going after the tenants...really? Which one husband? Wife? The kids? The visitor who was sleeping over? There is still a necessity for the court to meet the statutory minimum level of proof, a preponderance of the evidence. Now, you want the court to be further burdened with proving WHO did the violation. I again say I don't agree with your idea Bruce.
what is wrong with you? you sound like you are so angry all the time. you need therapy. maybe you can do your own research and stop challenging everything everyone says. if you go after the tenants, it would be the PERSON OR PERSONS ON THE LEASE. it is not brain surgery. you are the one who is always saying that the village is fantastic and that everything they do is always right. now, since you don't like bruce, the village is wrong? make up your mind already.

Location hidden

#73 Apr 26, 2014
ha ha ha wrote:
<quoted text>what is wrong with you? you sound like you are so angry all the time. you need therapy. maybe you can do your own research and stop challenging everything everyone says. if you go after the tenants, it would be the PERSON OR PERSONS ON THE LEASE. it is not brain surgery. you are the one who is always saying that the village is fantastic and that everything they do is always right. now, since you don't like bruce, the village is wrong? make up your mind already.
I think I presented a rather cogent argument as to why I disagree with the premis that the court should go after the responsible person. There was in fact no anger or negativity in my discertaion of the facts.

In court, the burden of proof is on the proscecution. Without witness testimony as to who committed the act, there would be a difficult or impossible burden of proof. Civil cases need a prepondenence of the evidence, which is basically a 50.1/49.9 tipping of the scale.

There is a better case law that holds the property owner responsible in the event a code violation exists. The evidence of the violation is the photos, and the code enforcement case file affadavit.

The landlord, or owner can sue the tenant if He can prove THEY committed the acts for which the owner was being cited.

Under Bruce's suggestion, Everyone who gets a violation would start accusing everyone else of committing the acts...tenants, friends of the tenants, neighbors of the house, etc. Leaving the court with an unproscecutable case.

So, go ahead and accuse me of being angry. I did not beat up Bruce on this, I just disagrees.
hoodo

Center Moriches, NY

#74 Apr 26, 2014
Really Brady you are always angry. your like a blind boxer..your not equipped to be in a discussion. So you just get mad and punch out randomly and aimlessly.

Location hidden

#75 Apr 26, 2014
hoodo wrote:
Really Brady you are always angry. your like a blind boxer..your not equipped to be in a discussion. So you just get mad and punch out randomly and aimlessly.
Even a blind squirrel finds a nut occasionally. Unfortunately, you are the nut.
hoodo

Center Moriches, NY

#76 Apr 26, 2014
No a blind squirrel does not find a nut you friggin nut. A hawk or fox or dog or cat would find him before he found a nut. Stupid he is blind. Can you feed your self or do you need help? Do you wear depends?How frigged up are you.

Location hidden

#77 Apr 26, 2014
Unlike you, I enjoy a pretty good life. If I can poke fun at you, or your fat smelly friend Michelle (a generic name for all that is bad with MBV, any similarity to the f'd up bitch with the same name is purely intentional), it's a good day.
hoodo

Center Moriches, NY

#78 Apr 26, 2014
You poor thing.You are so lost. In your next life you may come back in a higher form maybe a sponge.
EWWWW

Stamford, CT

#79 Apr 27, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
Unlike you, I enjoy a pretty good life. If I can poke fun at you, or your fat smelly friend Michelle (a generic name for all that is bad with MBV, any similarity to the f'd up bitch with the same name is purely intentional), it's a good day.
i think by reading your posts we have found the person who "is bad for MB". Get some counseling Babs, your sound like an angry old fool.
hoo doo you think you are

Marietta, GA

#81 May 24, 2014
Really Brady wrote:
I can poke fun at you, or your fat smelly friend Michelle (a generic name for all that is bad with MBV, any similarity to the f'd up bitch with the same name is purely intentional), it's a good day.
Fat,smelly; sounds like you are talking about Vic, FORMER employee of the village. He got run over by the magic bus he threw himself in front of. the magic bus is coming. who is next to get run over by the magic bus.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Apt for rent 23 hr Mastoid 2
News Southampton Town Police reports (Feb '09) Jan 13 Mel Brooks 6
News Storm wallops LI roads, causing spin outs and s... Jan 10 positronium 7
horse boarding (Jan '13) Jan 10 Secretariat 77
Village Taxes Jan 6 Badtothebone 2
you may be a mastoid if: Jan 6 Badtothebone 1
News Christmas comes early for Shirley family who lo... Jan 6 Badtothebone 2

Center Moriches Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance