Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

victor zeleny wrote:
Oh jane liquor is legal pot is not
Any chance you are going to be in CI this morning, heard there is something going on?
Thank You

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Well said, Jennifer and thanks for the great job on the Zoning Commission.
Cranberry

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

cranberry resident wrote:
<quoted text>i live on cranberry. on the same block as this house. it was renovated and then tenants moved in. the storm happened and the tenants moved out because of damage. the house has been fixed and looks better than ever. maybe you should get the information first hand instead of from haters.
Does Gary's house look any better since Bruce reported.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

do it right wrote:
Nothing honest about a DRUG ADDICT LAW BRAEKER she has no room in our community she is part of our problem .double dipping on star no rental permits body shop rentals on wetland propertys and she is our vioce aka haha I don't think so
what's a body shop?
OMG

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

But remember Jennifer, you are bi-polar that's why you flip so much.
Don't Build on the water front, then build on the water front.
And you want to quashed the people who don't agree with you, it's their village also.
Now you sound like the rest of the village board, doing any thing you want. I was pro village, but not anymore.
And what happen to all that work you did on the zoning commission ........ not a thing.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
And you want to quashed the people who don't agree with you, it's their village also.
Now you sound like the rest of the village board, doing any thing you want. I was pro village, but not anymore.
And what happen to all that work you did on the zoning commission ........ not a thing.
What Jennifer wrote was accurate. She mearly stated her opinion. But you on the other hand, declare she is bi-polar which some people may construe as an insult. She wrote a reply using her own name, something you apparently are not willing to do. Why can'ty people differ without resorting to insults?
OMG

Mastic Beach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
<quoted text>What Jennifer wrote was accurate. She mearly stated her opinion. But you on the other hand, declare she is bi-polar which some people may construe as an insult. She wrote a reply using her own name, something you apparently are not willing to do. Why can'ty people differ without resorting to insults?
I don't know Brady, maybe because they watch you insult everybody all the time.
And she has told people that she is bi-polar. I have know her and her husband Jim for years, and by the way Brady, what's your name?
victor zeleny

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Wow to exploit someone with something they can't controll , that would be like picking on small people , gay people, people who are blind or deaf shame on you
OMG IS A JERK

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
You are a low life piece of poop. Jenifer wrote from her heart and attacked no one. Yet you attack her for a condition that's personal, affects millions of people, and is something they all strugle to control.

I seriously hope you drop off the face of the earth. Or you crawl back under the rock where you live.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know Brady, maybe because they watch you insult everybody all the time.
And she has told people that she is bi-polar. I have know her and her husband Jim for years, and by the way Brady, what's your name?
If you see me making a nasty comment, it is usually in retaliation for the same. You don't use your name, why should I use mine.
OMG is rectally minded

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

OMG wrote:
<quoted text>I don't know Brady, maybe because they watch you insult everybody all the time.
I don't care how long you have known her. I don't care whether she told you about an ailment she may or may not have. I don't care whether she may have told other people as well.

You had no f'ing right to announce it on this public forum and effectively publish it to the world without her permission. She respectfully responded to an issue and used her full name.

You defamed her by then publicizing a medical condition she may have. You chose to attack her in the nastiest, most harmful way possible just because you disagree with her politically.

I believe she has a right to sue you for what you have done. I urge anyone who may know who you are to contact Jennifer so she can initiate legal action against you.

I also recommend that Jennifer contact her lawyer and petition a judge to order topix to release the server information necessary to identify you. Then, she should sue you for damaging her reputation.

Go for it, Jenifer. If OMG has even a sliver of functioning brain matter left in his or her head, then they should issue a public appology to you on this thread and hope you don't take further action against them.

Good luck, Jennifer. I wish you well.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

Access Denial Possible wrote:
Having tried, and been rejected twice, I'm responding to one of Maura's articles here. I
It is my opinion that those best suited for the job of “promoting home ownership” or “summer rentals” would be the local Realtors. They’re in the business. Whether a person is on supplemental income or not is irrelevant. Safe housing for all, whether it be owner or tenant occupied should be the only focus. All people need a place to live. Year ‘round rentals are more appealing to landlords because they collect year ‘round revenue.(Revenue: income less taxes and expenses as pertaining to business.) It is less desirable to have a home unoccupied or boarded up for 7 to 8 months of the year. We are not Fire Island, and we are no longer in the 1940’s. This is currently a year ‘round community. Movement in the real estate market is dictated by economic conditions and supply and demand. That is what “controls” the market.
It is my opinion that this Village cannot become appealing as a summer haven without amenities. Eco-tourism is a nice idea, but it falls short of what people seek in a well-rounded community. Amenities include, but are not limited to, restaurants, beach access for all, facilities that cater to watersports, etc.(No disrespect intended to the businesses that have been here, and toughed it out along the way. It is very sad for past businesses that couldn’t survive.) The truth is that we are a landlocked waterfront community. Until the residents recognize that some development is necessary to advance our Village, we will not change.
“The Fear Factor”... Throw it out. It serves no useful purpose. I refuse to live in fear. Might I suggest that if you know someone that lives in fear for quality of life issues that you consider standing with them. The upstanding residents are the majority here. Those that mean to harm us need to be quashed. We outnumber them and this is our Village. We set the standards, not them. Fear not the development of our Village. We only stand to gain in amenities, increased property values, and becoming a more desirable place to live. That is what will draw new home owners and businesses here.
I have seen plenty of improvement since we became a Village. Imperfections or mistakes can be addressed and corrected. I look forward to our future. I am not afraid of change, I welcome it.
Jennifer Griffin
the problem is that it was not maura who originally stated that the village was over half rentals, it was tim brojer. he wrote that back in august to the state of new york. maura was just quoting our own village inspector. and i beg to differ about the village being better. property values have increased across the country finally, it really has nothing to do with a village. the "imperfections" as you call them are too numerous to mention in this forum. there are major issues with main street (neighborhood road) there are major issues with storm drains and nepotism abounds. i find it more than an imperfection when i go to my village hall to get a permit and unlike brookhaven, there is no set checklist of the process given to residents. they are told what to do in dribs and drabs. this is inefficient and time consuming. it also makes the village look like the amateurs that they are. jennifer, i am glad you are happy with the status quo, but i, for one am not. i expect more from my elected officials. i expect them to be impartial, nonjudgemental, and professional. i do not expect my elected officials to be power hungry yahoos with cowboy mentality.
fool me once

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

OMG is rectally minded wrote:
<quoted text>
I don't care how long you have known her. I don't care whether she told you about an ailment she may or may not have. I don't care whether she may have told other people as well.
You had no f'ing right to announce it on this public forum and effectively publish it to the world without her permission. She respectfully responded to an issue and used her full name.
You defamed her by then publicizing a medical condition she may have. You chose to attack her in the nastiest, most harmful way possible just because you disagree with her politically.
I believe she has a right to sue you for what you have done. I urge anyone who may know who you are to contact Jennifer so she can initiate legal action against you.
I also recommend that Jennifer contact her lawyer and petition a judge to order topix to release the server information necessary to identify you. Then, she should sue you for damaging her reputation.
Go for it, Jenifer. If OMG has even a sliver of functioning brain matter left in his or her head, then they should issue a public appology to you on this thread and hope you don't take further action against them.
Good luck, Jennifer. I wish you well.
while i don't agree with jennifer's position; i do however agree with her right to free speech. it is below the belt and just plain mean to out someone's private medical information. it is one thing to disagree on an issue, but these types of attacks have no place on topix or any public forum.
This is Jennifer

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

I am not bi-polar, and have never stated to anyone that I was. The person that wrote all that crap is either intellectually challenged or has reading comprehension problems, for they clearly had no understanding of what they were reading. Go back and read ... try to comprehend. I don't say "waterfront development" and look up the meaning of "quash" as it relates to that paragraph.
While you think you are anonymous, I assure you that you are not. Nor do I care what you think. Answer me this: What efforts have you made to correct or better the circumstances for this Village? Again, imperfections and corrections can be addressed. Are you up to the task? Stop complaining unless you are willing to take the initiative. And if you have the cajones, which you clearly have not, identify yourself or speak to me in person. I'm not afraid of you, or anyone else. I welcome open, honest dialogue. Let's see if you are up to the challenge. If you can't be an adult, go away. You are a waste of everyone's time. Or shall we say, "let sleeping dogs lie."
This is Jennifer

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

fool me once wrote:
<quoted text>the problem is that it was not maura who originally stated that the village was over half rentals, it was tim brojer. he wrote that back in august to the state of new york. maura was just quoting our own village inspector. and i beg to differ about the village being better. property values have increased across the country finally, it really has nothing to do with a village. the "imperfections" as you call them are too numerous to mention in this forum. there are major issues with main street (neighborhood road) there are major issues with storm drains and nepotism abounds. i find it more than an imperfection when i go to my village hall to get a permit and unlike brookhaven, there is no set checklist of the process given to residents. they are told what to do in dribs and drabs. this is inefficient and time consuming. it also makes the village look like the amateurs that they are. jennifer, i am glad you are happy with the status quo, but i, for one am not. i expect more from my elected officials. i expect them to be impartial, nonjudgemental, and professional. i do not expect my elected officials to be power hungry yahoos with cowboy mentality.
I am not disagreeing with you. I take issue with the statement that suggests (in Maura's article) that Code enforcement, or Mr. Brojer, is responsible for controlling the local real estate market as related to controlling the number of rentals. It is not legal to do so. I do not state that I am "happy," but state that I see a lot of improvement.
On your points, I agree that getting information of any kind out of that office is very difficult, but that is not what I am responding to in my original opinion. My opinion letter to Maura's article addresses her article, not other village issues. Thank you for taking the time for a sane response.
(That is the lead in at the top of my post. That was my response to an article on Maura's new website, which was not accepting my letter to the editor. It relates specifically to that article.)
This is Jennifer

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

... "If OMG has even a sliver of functioning brain matter left in his or her head" ...

OMG does NOT have a functioning brain. That is obvious. And no, I am not bi-polar and have never stated that I was. Further, to bring my husband into this? What did he do? No apology needed. I already know what I'm dealing with and it ain't worth my time. It's a waste of a life form. Sometimes God makes mistakes.
Good Stuff

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 24, 2013

Judged:

I know you and Jim personally, and you are both great people.

You are a strong woman, Jennifer, and I find you to be intelligent, kind and of the finest character.

Give my regards to Jim.
Pot calling ketel

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

victor zeleny wrote:
Wow to exploit someone with something they can't controll , that would be like picking on small people , gay people, people who are blind or deaf shame on you
so like you picking an gays and minorities? Because we have all heard you speak. Hypocrite.
Hey Ketel

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 25, 2013

Judged:

Pot calling ketel wrote:
<quoted text>so like you picking an gays and minorities? Because we have all heard you speak. Hypocrite.
Check out Beach Man's comments equating gay women and castration. It seems hypocrisy may be more systemic than you thought. In fact, stand in front of a mirror. You may have an opportunity to study another fine example.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 60 of175
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Center Moriches Discussions

Search the Center Moriches Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
Horseshoe crab sting (Jul '07) 5 hr Operadog108 69
Cleaning Up MBV 9 hr Evan Politico 40
NY New York Primary Election Sept 14: Will you vote? (Sep '10) 10 hr marvinstevens 16,761
90 cameras around mbv 20 hr hoo doo you think you are 12
Biondi is Pathetic Sat hoodo 1
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) Sat lionland 6,326
Man charged in Patchogue beating and robbery, s... Sat kcee 1
•••
•••

Center Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Center Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Center Moriches People Search