|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

I really need to check my spelling.
But I think it is a great idea and will help protect our shoreline.
Lets see if we can get some good comments without personal attacks.
Bad Idea

Manorville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

We are a low lying wetland area surrounded by water. One of the things that we learned from Sandy was the water comes up through the floor through hydra static pressure as well as from the rising flood waters. A Sea-Wall would not stop this type of flooding. You would have to fill in and build up on top of the wetlands and I doubt that the powers that be would ever let that happen.

Since: Apr 09

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

Well it seems the village is in the process of investigating the idea of doing it. Estimated cost 4 to 6 million.
What a waste

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

They can't build it. They don't own any waterfront property. Can you imagine the way the village would waste that 6million? 1million to poorly build a see wall with the 5 guys from the "highway" dept, and 5million that would mysteriously disappear! I wonder how many millions Gary would take to build up his marina with that money?
A see wall would be a bad idea because it would only trap the water in and not let it flow back.
Point is moot, the village can't build on property they don't own.
william floyd parent

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

i don't even think this is an issue. dec would not allow it, and it would take 20 years to get it done anyway. i don't know much about sea walls so i am not sure if this is a great idea or a dumb one. someone with more experience should explain exactly what a sea wall is and how it would help.
Evan Politico

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 4, 2013

Judged:

If all the Mastoidz throw their used crack vialz in the water it will rival Chinas great wall Yo!
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Sea Wall....dumb idea. How about not spending MY tax dollars on your brilliant idea to buy a house near the water. You want to live by the water, nice. you assumed the risk, not me.
What a waste

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
Sea Wall....dumb idea. How about not spending MY tax dollars on your brilliant idea to buy a house near the water. You want to live by the water, nice. you assumed the risk, not me.
but, but Brady! Gary NEEDS this!! He needs us to waste 6 million to save his marina! His family needs this money! Outrageous to think you won't support Gary and this brilliant idea of his. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
Brady

Moriches, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

What a waste wrote:
<quoted text>but, but Brady! Gary NEEDS this!! He needs us to waste 6 million to save his marina! His family needs this money! Outrageous to think you won't support Gary and this brilliant idea of his. Tsk, tsk, tsk.
the sea wall was a trial balloon. It is DOA. I don't want any tax dollars bailing out waterfront homes, that's their problem.
Marvin

Mastic, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

One more dumb Villge board idea . The Feds would never even entertain such a stupid plan.In another three years there won't be a Villge all because of Gary and his pals. End the madness.
william floyd parent

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 5, 2013

Judged:

it is really sad that the village has stated again and again that they are not interested in building on the waterfront and they are against bulkheading. but, they sent a letter to FEMA asking for money to bulkhead (6 million dollars) or to make a sea wall. bulkheading did not save lindenhurst and it contributes to environmental damage.

the village has lied once too often for me. they stated at multiple meetings that they are against bulkheading; but now want money for it? another example of the way they think that mastic beach is their own little oligarchy and they are the only one's with an opinion. they seem to have forgotten that they work for us; not the other way around. now that they are getting salaries, i expect them to act like my employees, not my king.

whether they call it salary or stipend, the result is the same. my tax money is paying for it; and i want information. no more of these closed door meetings and secret agendas. bring it out in the open, or quit.
Villager

Elmont, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 9, 2013

Brady wrote:
right.
stay away from where the water goes and you'll be fine.
otherwise, build your house on stilts. problem solved.

Since: May 13

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 13, 2013

Judged:

Brady wrote:
Sea Wall....dumb idea. How about not spending MY tax dollars on your brilliant idea to buy a house near the water.
how about your tax dollars being wasted on road repair by Gary and his gang and getting fined for the horrible job?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 13 of13
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Center Moriches Discussions

Search the Center Moriches Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 56 min Out with the GOP 6,319
Hey Brady 2 hr Incompetence 6
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 3 hr positronium 6,317
Mastic Beach man charged in wife's fatal stabbing (Dec '08) 5 hr pat 30
mastic beach village website (Apr '11) 6 hr woodland drive resident 145
Cleaning Up MBV 7 hr Trick Dacy 39
And here it comes..... 11 hr wake up 46
•••
•••

Center Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Center Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000