Beaten baby returns home to Mastic

Full story: Newsday

The 12-week-old Mastic girl who was nearly beaten to death by her father last month was released from Stony Brook University Medical Center Friday, hospital officials and family members said.
Comments
1 - 20 of 234 Comments Last updated Jul 1, 2013
First Prev
of 12
Next Last
kittyhut

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Ill keep the angels, on board and many prayers to u and yours. hopefully the mom is holding up and that her family will be all she needs. and for that creep hope they throw the key away for good.

hugs to ya
angels in the works
Lorinda Patchogue NY

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Welcome home Evelynn!!! I am so happy she is back in her mommy's arms again. This proves that prayers do work. God bless Alicia and Evelynn.
Patty

Scranton, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Thank God for his healing to baby Evelynn. As far as her father, he should never be able to hold or touch a child again in his life time.
And hopefully the justice system will make sure he gets the maximum sentence for what he has done to her.
heisanawfulperso n

Irvine, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

he should be charged with attempted murder he is a piece of you know what i say we kick him in the head and shake him till he has seizures how can you hurt an innocent child. his parents should be real proud
NoMoreTeenParent s

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Does anyone find a problem with the "mother" of this child, being a child herself? Her poor judgment has probably set this child up for a life of struggle.
parent

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

NoMoreTeenParents wrote:
Does anyone find a problem with the "mother" of this child, being a child herself? Her poor judgment has probably set this child up for a life of struggle.
dont forget to blame the parent, 20, 30 ,40, 50 ,60, 70, 80 ,no matter how old , right???
Paulie

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Good luck, kid.
So silly

Amityville, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

parent wrote:
<quoted text> dont forget to blame the parent, 20, 30 ,40, 50 ,60, 70, 80 ,no matter how old , right???
Do you think a 16 year old is equipped to parent a baby?
Do you think a 16 year old is equipped to handle a baby/child with special needs?
How is she caring for this child? Her parents are helping her and thank God for that. But if something happened to them, how would she put a roof over her and her child's head, let alone afford food, clothing, utilities, etc.

She picked the boyfriend.
Is she at fault for the baby's injuries?
No.
Are we worried that she will be able to handle the task of raising a child? A mother at 16 is very different than a mother at 30, 40, or even 20.
I wish the very best for her and her little daughter.
But the more girls who wait until they are mature adults to have babies, the better, and safer, things would be.
Heather

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

NoMoreTeenParents wrote:
This mother is an example of what a mother should be. She stood by this babies side 24/7. The problem is the need for all media to continually add her age to every store as if that is a contributing factor. I have worked with moms and babies throughout my nursing career, and I have seen teen mothers that were amazing. Alicia Biondo is one of them. Also not that it matters but the abuser was 20, definitely old enough to kno better. Hoowever abuse is an anger issue, not an age issue. Child Abuse does not have an age of discrimination.
EVELYNNS GRANDMOTHER

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

Hank wrote:
Welcome home, ya lil' punching bag!
who the hell do you think you are to talk about my grandaughter like that?someone should do exactly to you that was done to her!!!!!!!!!!
EVELYNNS GRANDMOTHER

Bay Shore, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

NoMoreTeenParents wrote:
my daughter is more mature than most so called adult mothers that i know.my daughter kept a constant vigil by evelynns side even when the hospital staff tried to get alicia to go home & rest she wouldnt leave!!!!!!!!
Mimi

Ossining, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

This beautiful little girl is lucky to have a wonderful Mother and Grandmother no matter what her age she is a better mother than women twice her age. As far as her picking the boyfriend how many women pick losers? Unfortunately there are more losers out there than anything else. As for you sickos Hank
Hicksville, NY Reply »
|Flag |#8 1 hr ago
Welcome home, ya lil' punching bag! You’re no better than the monster that did this to this poor baby! God bless you Evelynn and Family! Don't waste your time on the morons with nothing nice to say apparently their mothers were no good and never taught them if you have nothing nice to say...!
Mimi

Ossining, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

glad i left long island wrote:
<quoted text>
yeah you tell em, she only goes to the bar on friday nights, not sat,sun,and thursday like the rest of the mastoid trash hahahahahah
Why don't you just stay gone?
Mimi

Ossining, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

and i bet grandma is 34. trash makes more trash. this kid has a heck of a future, i bet the kid ends up working at 7-11 during the day and smoking crack cuz daddy didnt love her at night
Is that from personal experience? Working at the circle k now are ya? This family has been through enough why don't you just crawl back under the rock you came out from and let them be?
josie

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

My god what a piece of filth this guy is. Alicia you have a good attitude and I hope everything works out for you and your child. You have a great mothering attitude about you - I could tell by your comments. Thank god the child has a good mother who loves her. I hope the father gets a nice little prison stay and some mental help for his apparent anger outbursts.
Glad you left

Port Saint Lucie, FL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

<quoted text>
yeah you tell em, she only goes to the bar on friday nights, not sat,sun,and thursday like the rest of the mastoid trash hahahahahah
Wow, seriously do you have a mental problem or did your mother not teach you manners? Why would you post something so vile to this grandmother? I see you are glad you left Long Island, guess what - I am sure the people on Long Island are glad to be rid of you! hehehehe
Judge Dredd

White Plains, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 6, 2007

I hope Joshua Cohen burns in hell for his cruelty and violence to his own blood... his own daughter... He has no chance of redemption. The inner circle of hell is reserved for people such as he. He's damned. I damn him.
alison

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

I am so happy that evelynn is home and getting better. I just hope that alisha is getting the proper guidance to take care of her. Isn't she still in school at the age of 16 and I thought she was 19. Kids having kids is so hard. God Bless the both of them
John

Freehold, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

The fact is that the mother DID choose the "baby daddy" and this kid probably has no future. The mother and father should be going to COLLEGE at their age, not having babies. Education prevents stupid choices, it also prevents violence. People think college is about getting a good job and making money but it is not. You can make more money by not going to college, but college helps to educate people so they act intelligently, i.e.. not have a baby while still young, not shake a baby violently, etc...
Observer

New York, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 7, 2007

EVELYNNS GRANDMOTHER wrote:
<quoted text>my daughter is more mature than most so called adult mothers that i know.my daughter kept a constant vigil by evelynns side even when the hospital staff tried to get alicia to go home & rest she wouldnt leave!!!!!!!!
You know what, the entire Biondo family better start to get real! What in hell does your statement, "She's more mature than most so called adult mothers that I know." Well, you must know many a sorry excuse for a parent, then, if she's your barometer. SHE chose the boyfriend! SHE chose to get pregnant at 15! The results of these stupid decisions are only beginning to manifest themselves. You all have a long road to hoe, so you had all better pull together and start using some intelligence in your decision making!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Center Moriches Discussions

Search the Center Moriches Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Seafest sucks,again 2 hr wake up 22
Frasco/Fukarino lose again 2 hr hoodo 4
HORSE POST FARM/Horse boarding in Manorville/R... (Apr '13) 4 hr JAYTHEMAN 50
MBV to Honor Evan Politico (Dec '13) 13 hr Evan Politico 37
NY Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in N... (Oct '10) 14 hr Gravity Pete 670
NY Who do you support for Comptroller in New York ... (Oct '10) Mon cornholio 437
NY Who do you support for Attorney General in New ... (Oct '10) Mon sdd 755
•••
•••

Center Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Center Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Center Moriches People Search