Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

This woman came to my home telling me how bad a village will be for my family. Fortunately right after her, a person in favor of the village came. This is what I found out. She actually lives in Brooklyn and she is a real estate person and paint contractor there. And she owns rental properties here in Mastic Beach where her property was found in violation of Brookhaven codes because the renter was running an auto body business on the property. So I googled and this is what I found.

http://urbanviewrealty.com/town_houses/164_9t...
maura@urbanviewrealty.com
selling million dollar property in Brooklyn.

So why am I listening to anything this person has to say?
Beach Baby

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Is she the lady in the baseball cap with the long gray hair that has been knocking on doors? If this is her, it looks like she owns an apartment building too...its on this website

http://www.city-data.com/ny-properties/assess...

404 2nd Street
Brooklyn, New York, NY 11215
Find on map >>
Owner: MAURA P SPERY
Current year's total market value of the land:
This property :$76,000
Median of this street:$184,000
Current year's total market value:
This property :$731,000
Median of this street:$891,000
Date of last change of market value: 01/09/2009
Current transitional assessed land value:$8,338
Current transitional assessed total value:$80,198
Tentative transitional assessed land value for the next fiscal year:$7,051
Tentative transitional assessed total value for the next fiscal year:$86,595

Final transitional assessed land value for the next fiscal year:$7,051
Final transitional assessed total value for the next fiscal year:$86,595
Assessment for fiscal year: 2008/2009
Tax class: apartments with 7-10 units
Tax block/lot: 975/25
Number of units (condos, etc). in the building: 8
Number of residential units (condos, etc). in the building: 8
Lot frontage: 20 feet
Lot depth: 100 feet
Irregularly shaped lot: no
Building frontage: 20 feet
Building depth: 100 feet
Irregularly shaped building: no
The number of stories for the building: 4
The number of buildings on the property: 1
The year the building was built: 1920
Zoning codes from NYC Department of City Planning: R6B(Often traditional row house districts, designed to preserve the scale and harmonious streetscape of neighborhoods developed during the 19th century with four-story attached buildings. Off-street parking is not allowed in front of a building and the area between the front wall and the street line must be landscaped. Parking is required for 50% of dwelling units, or waived if five or fewer spaces are required.)

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/ny-properties/assess...

Read more: http://www.city-data.com/ny-properties/assess...
Beach Baby

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

And this one too said she paints apartments in New York City- is this the same Maura Spery?

"Green" paint (not green paint)- Renovation, repair, and ...9 posts - 7 authors - Last post: May 15, 2008
Maura Spery, who paints apartments in New York, said she has begun to advise clients to expect to spend more time and money on jobs using ...
www.oldhouseweb.com/forums/viewtopic.php... - Cached
Vote Yes

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

Like other members of the MBPOA leadership, Maura Spery is a licensed realtor who owns rental properties in Mastic Beach.
The MBPOA are not "Friends" of Mastic Beach. Their leaders have profited from real estate rentals, while crime goes up, and our quality of life goes down.
This thread is not a personal attack for a simple reason.
By the MBPOA opposing the village, we as residents have a duty to expose their conflict of interest as realtors.Their personal business interests are 100% fair game as soon as they started spending MBPOA Member funds to oppose the village.
We need to go to the polls Tuesday and send a message to the local realtors and the MBPOA.
The Village of Mastic Beach will no longer be the dumping ground for sex offenders , drug addicts, and other criminals.
We will enforce existing building codes, we will crack down on sex offender dumping by Suffolk County, and we will hold absentee landlords accountable for their properties.
VOTE YES!!!
Confused

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

I think that is the exact reason that Maura and the other MBPOA members are opposing the village. Because they are afraid it will stop them from profiteering and raping the community of Mastic Beach. They have created a web of lies trying to scare people into voting no so that their personal rentals will be protected. They could care less about the people of Mastic Beach, they only care about themselves. I recall at the meeting Wednesday night, someone asked how many rentals did Maura own and she said one. I believe she has at least 3.
Frank F

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

She has the SAME situation as Frank F. He lives in the Bronx, and has multiply appt. buildings. He lives out here part time and also has rentals. She lives out here in her own house, with one house that she rents. So why is she the devil and Frank F isn't? HE HAS MORE APPT BUILDINGS that he rents then she does! Get your facts strait and stop with your grudge against the MBPOA already.
Confused

AOL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

Frank F wrote:
She has the SAME situation as Frank F. He lives in the Bronx, and has multiply appt. buildings. He lives out here part time and also has rentals. She lives out here in her own house, with one house that she rents. So why is she the devil and Frank F isn't? HE HAS MORE APPT BUILDINGS that he rents then she does! Get your facts strait and stop with your grudge against the MBPOA already.
Here is the "STRAIGHT" fact, the MBPOA has had a campaign based on lies and misinformation, in an effort to try to scare the uninformed into voting no. Anyone who took time to attend the meeting Wednesday night learned the facts.
I don't care how many apartment buildings Maura or Frank own in the city. That has nothing to do with what is going on out here.
LMFAO

Lincolndale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

Confused wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the "STRAIGHT" fact, the MBPOA has had a campaign based on lies and misinformation, in an effort to try to scare the uninformed into voting no. Anyone who took time to attend the meeting Wednesday night learned the facts.
I don't care how many apartment buildings Maura or Frank own in the city. That has nothing to do with what is going on out here.
Well that takes care of the motives of Frank F, Maura Spery and a couple of MBPOA BOD's and I don't know them and haven't ever met any of them. How come no one from either side has come to my house? All I get is flyers in the mail.

What the hell kind of rationale is that? We have a couple of people who are slumlords and liars who's real estate activities are fair game so we need a village to get rid of them. Yup, makes perfect sense. I hope to God no member of the MBPOA or MBVEC get elected into office. For your own sake's start campaigning now to keep all these bozos out of office.
Vote Yes

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Well that takes care of the motives of Frank F, Maura Spery and a couple of MBPOA BOD's and I don't know them and haven't ever met any of them. How come no one from either side has come to my house? All I get is flyers in the mail.
What the hell kind of rationale is that? We have a couple of people who are slumlords and liars who's real estate activities are fair game so we need a village to get rid of them. Yup, makes perfect sense. I hope to God no member of the MBPOA or MBVEC get elected into office. For your own sake's start campaigning now to keep all these bozos out of office.
How about looking at at how other villages on Long Island are doing compared to Mastic Beach?
Did you know the Village of Lake Grove has "shut down 28 illegal rental houses" this year?
Did you know the Village of Westhampton Dunes had a total assessed value for ALL the properties in the village area of 200,000 dollars before they incorporated?
Know what the assessed value of the properties in the Village of Westhampton Dunes is today?
750 million dollars.
The residents of Mastic Beach need to be represented on a local level and eliminate the big government layer of the Town of Brookhaven which does not do a damn thing for us.
VOTE YES!!!
LMFAO

Lincolndale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

The Village of Mastic Beach will eliminate the big layer of government known as The Town of Brookhaven? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
Vote Yes

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

LMFAO wrote:
The Village of Mastic Beach will eliminate the big layer of government known as The Town of Brookhaven? AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHA
You won't be laughing Tuesday night.
LMFAO

Lincolndale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

Sure I will, I'm voting yes, I just think your a moron. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA
Vote Yes

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

LMFAO wrote:
Sure I will, I'm voting yes, I just think your a moron. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH AHAHAHAHA
Well we're headed in the right direction. I actually prefer "moran".
Frank G Fugarino

Greenlawn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

http://bronx.blockshopper.com/property/204486...

http://maps.google.com/maps...

Seems Frank Fugarino cant keep his properties clean in the Bronx either!
LMFAO

Lincolndale, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Vote Yes wrote:
<quoted text>
Well we're headed in the right direction. I actually prefer "moran".
You would! LMFAO
Fed up with the lies

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

Looks perfectly clean to me!!!
Frank G Fugarino wrote:
http://bronx.blockshopper.com/ property/2044860086/2503_weste rvelt_avenue/
http://maps.google.com/maps...
Seems Frank Fugarino cant keep his properties clean in the Bronx either!
ONLY THE TRUTH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

LMFAO wrote:
<quoted text>
Frank does not rent houses you can easly find this out .Check the post on maura sperry and her rentals.Frank has another house but does not rent.Also he is not on the mbvec.lmfao
MBPOA member

Westwood, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

vote no to the insanity and yes to affordable taxes.If you think owners of rental properties dont care,you are nuts!
ONLY THE TRUTH

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 28, 2010

Judged:

Frank F wrote:
Please give facts before you slander some one.Owning two homes don't make you a slumlord.We are talking about mastic beach, where we reside.
VOTE YES

Bridgeport, CT

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 29, 2010

Judged:

MBPOA member wrote:
vote no to the insanity and yes to affordable taxes.If you think owners of rental properties dont care,you are nuts!
Yes affordable taxes. The VILLAGE will keep your taxes as they are yet bring up your property values. If things stay the same, your taxes will also stay the same and so will every other dirty thing about this community and your property values will go even lower.

So let's everyone do what the smart mbpoa/friends of mastic beach say so that when Mastic Beach becomes even worse you can live with bars on your windows and doors afraid to walk the streets that have been taken over by drug dealers with guns. Because if you think they aren't in your neighborhoods now, you'd better take those rosy glasses off! Talk to SCPD officers and ask them what's living in your neighborhood.

So yes, let's just let the gangs and drug dealers take over because a few people want to keep their marinas and their rental incomes.

THAT is the COLD HARD TRUTH!!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Center Moriches Discussions

Search the Center Moriches Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 9 min positronium 6,370
HORSE POST FARM/Horse boarding in Manorville/R... (Apr '13) 2 hr Dantheman 49
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr Sean Hannitys Hair 6,365
Seafest sucks,again 7 hr LEGAL OR NOT 5
MBV to Honor Evan Politico (Dec '13) 8 hr hoodo 36
Waterfront Planning Survey Sun hoodo 7
Biondi is Pathetic Sun hoodo 4
•••
•••

Center Moriches News Video

•••
Center Moriches Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••