Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

I can't wait to live in a village!!!! No more red tape to slow us down with important matters!! We will have control over what goes on and how long it takes!!The people of the community will decide what's good for our community and not someone up on a hill!!

“Lets get a Village!”

Since: Feb 07

SMITH POINT, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 9, 2008

Judged:

It's nice to see a community pulling together and working to make it a better place to live. The benefits of being a village far out-weigh anything negative anyone can come up with. The final outcome will be a wonderful community where you can live and raise a family. It's already clearly apparent to anyone who lives here that the county and town have made us into a dumping ground and aren't in any hurry to help us. The only options left for us are incorporation to by-pass the red tape and take control of our community ourselves. Kudo's to the residents of Mastic Beach for their hard work and determination!
nursebarb

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 10, 2008

Judged:

Jenn in Shirley NY wrote:
It's nice to see a community pulling together and working to make it a better place to live. The benefits of being a village far out-weigh anything negative anyone can come up with. The final outcome will be a wonderful community where you can live and raise a family. It's already clearly apparent to anyone who lives here that the county and town have made us into a dumping ground and aren't in any hurry to help us. The only options left for us are incorporation to by-pass the red tape and take control of our community ourselves. Kudo's to the residents of Mastic Beach for their hard work and determination!
Thanks for your support Jenn!we need all the support we can get!!!
Tonytee1961

Garfield, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

Hey Barb - if your vision becomes a reality, you could be the template for many other communities that seem to be ignored by the very people that voted them in. I'll be honest - I would do it, but not with the people that currently have control here. We need leaders without self serving interests. Maybe then we could do it.
nursebarb

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 11, 2008

Judged:

Tonytee1961 wrote:
Hey Barb - if your vision becomes a reality, you could be the template for many other communities that seem to be ignored by the very people that voted them in. I'll be honest - I would do it, but not with the people that currently have control here. We need leaders without self serving interests. Maybe then we could do it.
Hi Tony
The people who are working on the village care more about our town than the slumlords do and have no interest in making money off of our community that's who I surround myself with , people who care only about our quality of life here and the quality of our children's lives!!Our children have no quality of life in this town every other week one of their friends are getting attacked over a bike and it;s not the tax payers kids who are doing it!
Lucy P

Bronx, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Why does nursebarb live in Shirley? Is it not just the village of Mastic Beach that is incorporating?

Just wondering

“Lets get a Village!”

Since: Feb 07

SMITH POINT, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 21, 2008

Lucy P wrote:
Why does nursebarb live in Shirley? Is it not just the village of Mastic Beach that is incorporating?
Just wondering
Nursebarb lives in Mastic Beach - the city listed is where the computer she is using is located.

Since: Jun 08

Smith Point

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 22, 2008

That is true, I live in Smith Point however it shows that I am in Mastic because that is where my place of business is. We should be worrying about much more important things than where comments are coming from.
JoeJoe

Mount Kisco, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 23, 2008

you mean you live in Shirley
Smith Point Resident wrote:
That is true, I live in Smith Point however it shows that I am in Mastic because that is where my place of business is. We should be worrying about much more important things than where comments are coming from.

“My rottie wants belly rubs”

Since: Jun 07

A few blocks from the Ocean

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 27, 2008

Judged:

Little Dipper wrote:
Mastic & Shirley should be plowed down.
This area is TPT hell hole.
Mastic & Shirley stink with wellfare, section 8 housing, illegal appartments, drug dealers in the streets.
Crack heads homeless, hookers, foodstamp collecting looserville.
Here we go again!! The troll continues....
Still can't spell but loves to read about our community.
Billy B

Katonah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

Little Dipper wrote:
Mastic & Shirley should be plowed down.
This area is TPT hell hole.
Mastic & Shirley stink with wellfare, section 8 housing, illegal appartments, drug dealers in the streets.
Crack heads homeless, hookers, foodstamp collecting looserville.
Holtsville ??? Moved from there years ago - criminals & child molesters paradise
Anom

Syosset, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 30, 2008

"NOTHING WORTHWHILE IS ACCOMPLISHED EASILY".What a beautiful area this really is! I hope you succeed.

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 31, 2008

Anom wrote:
"NOTHING WORTHWHILE IS ACCOMPLISHED EASILY".What a beautiful area this really is! I hope you succeed.
I hope we do too, thanks..........
nursebarb

Centereach, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 21, 2008

Anom wrote:
We are working hard towards that goal , alot of us have given up time away from family, friends to work on the important issues of our community, it's funny how that person writes we are all trash, we are hard working people who live near one of the most beautiful waterfronts on long island too bad he is too ignorant to see that! One day after all of the hard work is done and we succeed with our village, I can enjoy this town for what it is meant to be a beautiful ,historic charming neighborhood!All of the naysayers will want in to our village one day when we turn it into the jewel it was meant to be!
Billy B

Katonah, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 12, 2008

And for a reality break:

Senate to Middle Class: Drop Dead

Friday, December 12th, 2008

Friends,

They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers start building only cars and mass transit that reduce our dependency on oil.

They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers build cars that reduce global warming.

They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers withdraw their many lawsuits against state governments in their attempts to not comply with our environmental laws.

They could have given the loan on the condition that the management team which drove these once-great manufacturers into the ground resign and be replaced with a team who understands the transportation needs of the 21st century.

Yes, they could have given the loan for any of these reasons because, in the end, to lose our manufacturing infrastructure and throw 3 million people out of work would be a catastrophe.

But instead, the Senate said, we'll give you the loan only if the factory workers take a $20 an hour cut in wages, pension and health care. That's right. After giving BILLIONS to Wall Street hucksters and criminal investment bankers -- billions with no strings attached and, as we have since learned, no oversight whatsoever -- the Senate decided it is more important to break a union, more important to throw middle class wage earners into the ranks of the working poor than to prevent the total collapse of industrial America.

We have a little more than a month to go of this madness. As I sit here in Michigan today, tens of thousands of hard working, honest, decent Americans do not believe they can make it to January 20th. The malaise here is astounding. Why must they suffer because of the mistakes of every CEO from Roger Smith to Rick Wagoner? Make management and the boards of directors and the shareholders pay for this.

Of course that is heresy to the 31 Republicans who decided to blame the poor, miserable autoworkers for this mess. And our wonderful media complied with their spin on the morning news shows: "UAW Refuses to Give Concessions Killing Auto Bailout Bill." In fact the UAW has given concession after concession, reduced their benefits, agreed to get rid of the Jobs Bank and agreed to make it harder for their retirees to live from week to week. Yes! That's what we need to do! It's the Jobs Bank and the old people who have led the nation to economic ruin!

But even doing all that wasn't enough to satisfy the bastard Republicans. These Senate vampires wanted blood. Blue collar blood. You see, they weren't opposed to the bailout because they believed in the free market or capitalism. No, they were opposed to the bailout because they're opposed to workers making a decent wage. In their rage, they were driven to destroy the backbone of this country, not because the UAW hadn't given back enough, but because the UAW hadn't given up.

It appears that the sitting President has been looking for a way to end his reign by one magnanimous act, just like a warlord on his feast day. He will put his finger in the dyke, and the fragile mess of an auto industry will eke through the next few months.

That will give the Senate enough time to demand that the bankers and investment sharks who've already swiped nearly half of the $700 billion gift a chance to make the offer of cutting their pay.

Fat chance.

“What Happened to Democracy?”

Since: May 08

Bronx

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Dec 19, 2008

Billy B wrote:
And for a reality break:
Senate to Middle Class: Drop Dead
Friday, December 12th, 2008
Friends,
They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers start building only cars and mass transit that reduce our dependency on oil.
They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers build cars that reduce global warming.
They could have given the loan on the condition that the automakers withdraw their many lawsuits against state governments in their attempts to not comply with our environmental laws.
They could have given the loan on the condition that the management team which drove these once-great manufacturers into the ground resign and be replaced with a team who understands the transportation needs of the 21st century.
Yes, they could have given the loan for any of these reasons because, in the end, to lose our manufacturing infrastructure and throw 3 million people out of work would be a catastrophe.
But instead, the Senate said, we'll give you the loan only if the factory workers take a $20 an hour cut in wages, pension and health care. That's right. After giving BILLIONS to Wall Street hucksters and criminal investment bankers -- billions with no strings attached and, as we have since learned, no oversight whatsoever -- the Senate decided it is more important to break a union, more important to throw middle class wage earners into the ranks of the working poor than to prevent the total collapse of industrial America.
We have a little more than a month to go of this madness. As I sit here in Michigan today, tens of thousands of hard working, honest, decent Americans do not believe they can make it to January 20th. The malaise here is astounding. Why must they suffer because of the mistakes of every CEO from Roger Smith to Rick Wagoner? Make management and the boards of directors and the shareholders pay for this.
Of course that is heresy to the 31 Republicans who decided to blame the poor, miserable autoworkers for this mess. And our wonderful media complied with their spin on the morning news shows: "UAW Refuses to Give Concessions Killing Auto Bailout Bill." In fact the UAW has given concession after concession, reduced their benefits, agreed to get rid of the Jobs Bank and agreed to make it harder for their retirees to live from week to week. Yes! That's what we need to do! It's the Jobs Bank and the old people who have led the nation to economic ruin!
But even doing all that wasn't enough to satisfy the bastard Republicans. These Senate vampires wanted blood. Blue collar blood. You see, they weren't opposed to the bailout because they believed in the free market or capitalism. No, they were opposed to the bailout because they're opposed to workers making a decent wage. In their rage, they were driven to destroy the backbone of this country, not because the UAW hadn't given back enough, but because the UAW hadn't given up.
It appears that the sitting President has been looking for a way to end his reign by one magnanimous act, just like a warlord on his feast day. He will put his finger in the dyke, and the fragile mess of an auto industry will eke through the next few months.
That will give the Senate enough time to demand that the bankers and investment sharks who've already swiped nearly half of the $700 billion gift a chance to make the offer of cutting their pay.
Fat chance.
And what does this info have to do with the topic here?
Anti-Politican

South Salem, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

Judged:

Villages usually have no money and all they do is come up with some stupid ideas to get it. ie; permits for installing replacement windows on a house that you own and are already paying taxes on, to cutting your own trees down, again on your own property, And what about the people that love to have their yard sales? You have to pay to get a stupid permit and be restricted on your time of your own sale. Whats the point? And villages are also known for their infamous kangaroo courts. Not to mention all the cronyism. And lets all wait for that first big political corruption scandal in the beautiful village of Mastic Beach. Soooo wake up ladies and gentlemen, its going to happen. and you better not cry about it......because it is going to happen!!!!!!!

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 5, 2009

Anti-Politican wrote:
Villages usually have no money and all they do is come up with some stupid ideas to get it. ie; permits for installing replacement windows on a house that you own and are already paying taxes on, to cutting your own trees down, again on your own property, And what about the people that love to have their yard sales? You have to pay to get a stupid permit and be restricted on your time of your own sale. Whats the point? And villages are also known for their infamous kangaroo courts. Not to mention all the cronyism. And lets all wait for that first big political corruption scandal in the beautiful village of Mastic Beach. Soooo wake up ladies and gentlemen, its going to happen. and you better not cry about it......because it is going to happen!!!!!!!
Since you mentioned yard sales, it would be nice if homeowners actually removed their signs at the end of the sale. Otherwise possibly pay a fine if it is up more than a week.
Anti-Politican

South Salem, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 7, 2009

Rottie owner is correct!!! You put it up you take it down.BUT to force somebody to get a permit to have a yard sale is TRULY UNAMERICAN!! Yard sales are a good thing in todays economic climate!!! And they will spoil it that you watch because they see it as money for the goverment!! And watch how they waste it and come back looking for more.Ask yourself do you want to be more of cash cow then you already are now? Because the DIRTY PIGS ARE GETTING READY TO LINE UP AT THE TROUGH!!! OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK OINK ETC.ETC.ETC.ETC.ETC.ETC. ETC. AND DONT FORGET THE MOOOOO'$$$$$$$$$ MORE MONEY MORE MONEY MORE MONEY ETC. ETC. AND SO ON HAVE A NICE DAY!!
MB Village Supporter

Brooklyn, NY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Mar 8, 2009

The poster who uses the moniker "Anti-Politician" has the right to make any statement, under the freedom of speech, as long as he or she adheres to the premise that the speech should do no harm.

That said, I wish this poster had attended any one of our monthly meetings, or possibly viewed our website: www.masticbeach.org . The poster has the right to their opinion, but I believe this poster is misinformed as to what type of village is being proposed.

We hope to enforce housing codes to clean up sub-standard housing. Our group is not anti-landlord. We are anti-SLUMlord. We are against State/County or Town government unfairly placing DSS, section-8, sober-houses, and even sexual predators into our community.

The poster worries we will nickle and dime every single possible money grab item. We will not be that type of village. Our proposed budget, for year one is already started, and is under professional accounting review. The village will be busy enough going after severely neglected properties owned by absentee landlords to be worried about yard sale signs.

A Village is run by the inhabitants. They can choose what quality of life issues they feel are most important. For example, if the inhabitants wanted to make a rule that yard sales had to have a permit, the inhabitants could vote in a $20 deposit be made to ensure that they must remove the old signs are promptly removed. Hope you noticed I said the inhabitants would vote this in. The village follows the wishes of the inhabitants.

Myself, and 150 other members of our incorporation exploratory committee volunteers have been well received by almost ALL of the residents. We are all suffering from a depressed economy. But we are not giving up! This is the year we decide, by a majority vote, to take control of our quality of life.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 20 of96
< prev page
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Center Moriches Discussions

Search the Center Moriches Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
NY Who do you support for Governor in New York in ... (Oct '10) 5 hr positronium 6,323
NY Who do you support for U.S. Senate in New York ... (Oct '10) 5 hr positronium 6,324
90 cameras around mbv 6 hr Truth is 7
Honest Frank statue (Jun '13) 7 hr Beach Man 163
HORSE POST FARM/Horse boarding in Manorville/R... (Apr '13) 10 hr dudley do wrong 42
Honest Frank for Mayor of the Mastic Beach Vill... 11 hr DONT VOTE FOR FRANK 2015 10
Hey Brady Thu Incompetence 6
•••
•••

Center Moriches News Video

•••
•••

Center Moriches Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

Center Moriches People Search