What is the local Propane Price???

Posted in the Center Moriches Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ted Mills

Yorktown Heights, NY

#1 Dec 30, 2008
The net says that the propane price should reflect a similar profile with crude oil prices... well my bill reflects a sky rocketing propane price. I am paying $3.84 a gallon from a popular propane fuel delivery company... What are you paying????
MJinMB

Bedford, NY

#2 Dec 31, 2008
Sounds about right.
Vince Suce

Canonsburg, PA

#4 Jan 15, 2009
I live in PA. and recieved a price of 2.30 from Thrifty! Check out their web site.
Ron

Washington, DC

#5 Jan 17, 2009
United Propane in Maryland just charged me about $7 per gallon. Time to find another company!
Carol from the Beach

Stratford, CT

#6 Jan 24, 2009
I pay 2.90 with Starlite
april

Philadelphia, PA

#7 Feb 10, 2009
In Central PA, Countryside Propane (Bethel) has the best prices. Just filled today for 1.67/gallon. Called Ressler who priced at 1.99/gallon. (2/9/09)
otay

Avenel, NJ

#8 Nov 28, 2009
The key is to shop around. Its a lot of work but usually results in savings. Its a shame we have to do that, but you have to stay on top of your supplier.

I found a site that tracks the weekly wholesale and residential prices of heating oil and propane.
http://integrityenergy.com/category/propane-p...

Hopefully that will give you a better idea what the suppliers are charging.
Eck

Malvern, PA

#9 Dec 21, 2009
Here's a great site I found to shed some light on propane prices and trends:
http://tonto.eia.doe.gov/oog/info/hopu/hopu.a...

Since: Apr 09

Yorktown Heights, NY

#10 Dec 21, 2009
The key is to shop around. Its a lot of work but usually results in savings. Its a shame we have to do that, but you have to stay on top of your supplier.
I would love to shop around but Propane dealers on Long island will only fill there own tanks. I have a 100 gallon tank. If I want to switch they hit you with an inspection,installation, deposit, and delivery fee. That is why I disconnected and went back to oil for my hot water. My dealer will not lower his price and charges two bucks over everyone else. Long Island Propane is a rip off.
I really got to get out of here!
Brookhaven Res

AOL

#11 Dec 21, 2009
used a outside company that was great in west
Rays it was called
Badtothebone

Deer Park, NY

#12 Dec 29, 2009
I purchased some heads for my drums and couldn't believe the price. When I questioned the salesman he said they were made from a petrolium product and the price fluctuated with the oil prices! I don't see what propane has to do with the price of oil, it's just that everyone jumps on the band wagon and raises their price. If we suddenly were not dependant on oil does anyone think prices would go down on other goods? I think not!
Another question, why is fuel oil more expensive that regular gas? Fuel oil is the dregs from the bottom of the barrel and is not refined. Diesel fuel which is one grade above fuel oil is more than premimum gas, how is that?

Since: Apr 09

Yorktown Heights, NY

#13 Dec 30, 2009
In reality you could keep your own storage of diesel at home. Pump into vehicle as needed. The government regulated fuel oil and has it died red. Fuel oil isn't taxed as much as diesel. That's the price difference. Get caught with fuel oil in your vehicle and face mega fines from Uncle Sam.
DOT

AOL

#14 Dec 30, 2009
They dont check ,in winter cut with kero to bring down cloud and pour point
Dot

AOL

#15 Dec 30, 2009
Bunker and 6 is the slop that goes to commercial building as it has to heat it up to get it to flow
jerry

AOL

#16 Jan 17, 2010
MJinMB wrote:
Sounds about right.
Not when the supplier is getting it for $1.46 per gallon at the pipeline!!!
Vinnie

Hicksville, NY

#17 Jan 22, 2010
heh..i just paid 5.99 recently ..they said it went up since i didnt use a lot of propane....i will NOT be refilling with them again thats for sure
Kevin C

Bronx, NY

#18 Jan 22, 2010
The price of propane is relative to the anount you use. Cooking is the least-pool heat and central house heat is the most. When you use a lot all of the extra costs go away. And yes dealers are only allowed to fill their own tank, and will charge a lease fee for a tank if you only use it for cooking or a dryer (small usage) but if you use it for heat the tanks and hook up are usally at no charge
Dimitri Tolchinski

Northford, CT

#19 Jan 25, 2010
I am buildinng a house and I am shoping for the propaine tank. There are underground and above the ground tanks,and they could be small and large.
I would like to know wich way to go with these choses.
Chris is Pissed

Rosedale, MD

#20 Jan 30, 2010
Ron wrote:
United Propane in Maryland just charged me about $7 per gallon. Time to find another company!
Just received my United Propane bill and the rate charged is $7.26 per gallon (plus admin. fees)!!!!(Fill-up was 33 gal.) Upon calling them to question the price, I was told by the lady that she "needed to talk to a manager and would call me back sometime today." Two days now without a return call.
Lot's of customers out there (check the web) have had price gouging problems with all the propane providers. Evidently the propane business has no state or fed. regulation... What can we do?
Marcelo

Carmel, NY

#21 Feb 3, 2010
I have 100 gallon tank & burn well here in new york was asking 6.89 per gallon...are you nts. a call than & they droop it to 4.98 .OOO you dont use much gas & you have to pay more....WHAT? sooouu next thime I will call OBAMA...lol...no I will call BBB.OK BURNWELL from Peekskill new york

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Center Moriches Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
MBPOA Law suit 8 hr Really Brady 96
Building 9 hr Sara 4
Sewer Systems 20 hr Here we go again 11
Merry Christmas 21 hr Here we go again 2
Dans Horse dead farm (Aug '13) Dec 23 Lou 336
Neighborhood Road Pitt Bulls Dec 22 LibertyTreeBud 4
What is Your Opinion of the Rev. Al Sharpton Dec 21 Henu 6

Center Moriches News Video

Center Moriches Dating
Find my Match