cchs principle john denton

cchs principle john denton

Posted in the Celina Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
guest

Celina, TN

#1 Jul 27, 2010
whats everyones opinion on the new high school principle? i want to make sure im not the only one who thinks this man need to seriously come down a notch on the teenagers. from what my children tell me its more of a prison then a high school.
another guest

Livingston, TN

#2 Jul 27, 2010
He's AWESOME!!!!! The school needed tightened up and thank goodness someone is willing to enforce rules. He's the best thing since sliced bread. 5968
Guest

Westmoreland, TN

#3 Jul 27, 2010
All the bitching and slandering that is soon to follow will really accomplish nothing.
PLEASE

Columbia, SC

#4 Jul 28, 2010
He is a really good rule enforcer! But he does not care for the school. He does not want to have to deal with the teachers or kids, that is why he is so strict. If the kids can't roam the halls, they do not bother him. He likes that money and as long as he is getting it by being strict he is happy.
well

Burkesville, KY

#5 Jul 28, 2010
I think he is a stand up guy. He makes the kids mind and he seems to care about the school. People just want to complain.
doing great job

Long Prairie, MN

#6 Jul 28, 2010
He is doing a great job.But there are some groups that will not agree and they are listed below .
1.parents who dont care if their children behave in schools or anywhere else.
2. People who have different politics than Mr Denton.
3. People that are jealous of his job/position and they want it.
4.People who think that their children should be treated with "special rules or no rules " .
5. People that have been running the show and now they are just one of the rest of us.
Let the man do his job. I have heard many parents and grandparents say they love the new environment. We want our children in a safe and in a learning school not a party whatever goes place. He is on the right track.
guest

Columbia, SC

#7 Jul 28, 2010
the whole school would blow up on the man if he did not have tim to smooth things over
guest

Cookeville, TN

#8 Jul 29, 2010
Why should the kid's roam the halls? They should be in class. Mr Denton has been the best for the school and the kids. If you don't want the rules enforced why have them?.
PLEASE wrote:
He is a really good rule enforcer! But he does not care for the school. He does not want to have to deal with the teachers or kids, that is why he is so strict. If the kids can't roam the halls, they do not bother him. He likes that money and as long as he is getting it by being strict he is happy.
agree

Livingston, TN

#9 Jul 29, 2010
doing great job wrote:
He is doing a great job.But there are some groups that will not agree and they are listed below .
1.parents who dont care if their children behave in schools or anywhere else.
2. People who have different politics than Mr Denton.
3. People that are jealous of his job/position and they want it.
4.People who think that their children should be treated with "special rules or no rules " .
5. People that have been running the show and now they are just one of the rest of us.
Let the man do his job. I have heard many parents and grandparents say they love the new environment. We want our children in a safe and in a learning school not a party whatever goes place. He is on the right track.
I totaly agree!!!
Snark

Cookeville, TN

#10 Jul 29, 2010
Mr. Denton is truly a good man and educator.
Guest

Livingston, TN

#11 Jul 29, 2010
guest wrote:
Why should the kid's roam the halls? They should be in class. Mr Denton has been the best for the school and the kids. If you don't want the rules enforced why have them?.
<quoted text>
I agree. They couldn't roam the halls anyway if the teachers helped enforce the rules and kept them in class.
indiana1995

Celina, TN

#12 Jul 29, 2010
celina has never had anybody that went by the rules because if you had the name and play sports they looked the other way.the truth hurts.
sermon

Cookeville, TN

#13 Jul 29, 2010
indiana1995 wrote:
celina has never had anybody that went by the rules because if you had the name and play sports they looked the other way.the truth hurts.
Well Indy......if you'll look around, you'll realize that Celina doesn't have the market cornered on 'passing' good athletes. There is politics associated with institutions everywhere.
The blame does not need to be heaped on the principle either. He has a boss, his boss was appointed rather than elected....appointed by the school board. The school board is elected by the people. So, if anyone wants to address this problem......they should start with the people and the people must come together.
indiana1995

Celina, TN

#14 Jul 29, 2010
his boss was elected ,it is who you are ,and how much butt you want to lick to get anything in this poor town,john is good for celina but mr tim is the best staff in the school system because some needs to go home.
sermon

Cookeville, TN

#15 Jul 29, 2010
indiana1995 wrote:
his boss was elected ,it is who you are ,and how much butt you want to lick to get anything in this poor town,john is good for celina but mr tim is the best staff in the school system because some needs to go home.
Director of School (aka Superintendent) is NOT elected!
beware of little foxes

Camden, SC

#16 Jul 29, 2010
Are some of you trying to tear the strenght from within the camp down by turning John and Tim against each other.Com e on people, they are not that stupid, prideful and vain to fall for that .Both men are assets to the school and they make a great team and I think both are too smart to let " some people" from the other camp turn them against each other.lol It is not a competition . It is a partnership kind of like "salt and pepper "
sermon

Cookeville, TN

#17 Jul 29, 2010
BTW. I went to Celina High School.....I played basketball and was the high scorer and rebounder my senior year. I worked for my grades, was mannerly and received no preferential treatment. So it's not always a matter of 'who you are' but what kind of person you are.
However, I do agree there have been some instances that I didn't understand......but then we never know the WHOLE story either.
I find comfort in knowing that those who may have received preferential treatment, are no better for it and it doesn't help them with real life.
cchs student

United States

#18 Jul 29, 2010
John is a good man with goood intentions ; but I think he needs too keep in mind that we are teenagers. Schooll isn't justt school for us; its also a social enviroment. Its where eighty percent of our time is spent & we'd likke it to be somewhat enjoyable.
cchs student

United States

#19 Jul 29, 2010
I also think mr tim should have been principlle.. he hollds a lot of respect with the everyone and has a calm way in dealing with everything. I went to the office a couple times llastyear and he always handled peoople with respect and authority..he's a good man and without him ; denton would be deminished.
Guest

Westmoreland, TN

#20 Jul 29, 2010
How did you ever pass Ms. Courtney, Ms. Rogers, or Mr Franklin's classes with that spelling?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Trae Crowder 10 hr Naysayer 8
Fight at Graduation 10 hr Seer 4
Wow these people Sun Scooter 2
Graduation Awards Sun Sis 12
Ollie's waitresses Sun Lilwayne 2
Dairy Queen Sucks Sat Jack ass 12
Celina Diary Queen Sat Sue 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Celina Mortgages