Jr Pro vs. Joann

Gainesboro, TN

#1 Jan 13, 2013
Why is she charging $50.00 for the gym to practice? Susan talked to everyone at the game Saturday about being treated badly by her. Joann wants concession money! It is ashame that she is trying to destroy a good program run by good people. Just shows that she is again not there for the children of this county! What was Jerry thinking keeping her?
Old School

Cookeville, TN

#2 Jan 14, 2013
Guest wrote:
Why is she charging $50.00 for the gym to practice? Susan talked to everyone at the game Saturday about being treated badly by her. Joann wants concession money! It is ashame that she is trying to destroy a good program run by good people. Just shows that she is again not there for the children of this county! What was Jerry thinking keeping her?
It is the school board, they voted on that
rest of the story

El Segundo, CA

#3 Jan 14, 2013
Guest wrote:
Check your facts!School clobs are running the concessions not Joann! Jr. pro was suppose to give procseds to the clubs the last few years but stopped. Also they did not pay for all the dates they used the gym last year.Ask them to show you receipts,they can't,Ask them what they paid the clock operator[their daughter]and the referee,[daughters boyfriend] they won't !! I am glad the money is going back to the schools,that's where it should,go instead of someone's pocket!!!
beetle

Livingston, TN

#4 Jan 14, 2013
go donate your tme every saturday, then they want have to pay clock operator
Citizen

Cookeville, TN

#5 Jan 14, 2013
All Jr. Pro athletics should be administered by an organized, non-profit group.The school system,the park board,or any other group that could be formed.Accepted bookkeeping standards, league standards,and rules per sport should be adopted.Through volunteers, the t-ball,softball, and baseball teams were able to show profits without admission prices. A director for all of these sports could be paid to manage leagues. The soccer league was great a experience too this year. Sports should provide an avenue for children to learn teamwork,self-discipline, and feel success. We have so many talented, volunteer coaches and parents that freely give their time. There is no reason for personal drama!
Sad for the kids

Gainesboro, TN

#6 Jan 15, 2013
Can''t everyone be positive and concentrate on the end.... The kids!
I would be grateful for those that volunteer their time... I know susan must be going out of her way to keep this going. Don't let the kids go without this program. No matter who might be right or wrong.

If jerry is in charge maybe he should step up and straighten this out..

Parents need to stand up for the Jr. Pro kids now and for the future!
hmm

Livingston, TN

#7 Jan 15, 2013
could it be because people are slobs who will not clean up after their parties?
jr pro

Greer, SC

#8 Feb 10, 2013
It would be nice if joan would kick susan and tiff out. They do not care for the kids, its the money. Its sad for the kids they dont like dont get treated as ones they do like. I hope we have new members next year to get our league to a training league for the kids and all the kids not for the money cause everyone that Cares knows the real truth not to hard to see
Know

Cookeville, TN

#9 Feb 10, 2013
Money is made from the Jr. Pro Basketball League there in Celina. Do not be deceived. The School should charge to use the gym and the clubs should operate concessions. This is not a non-profit organization running the program. Yes, others need to step up and form a non-profit group. Our School Board could provide a little bit of vision and leadership here, right? Our children love playing b-ball and we love to watch, but the league needs a more organized, well planned, fair and transparent policy for placing children on teams. I know and understand the sacrifices that coaches, parents, and volunteers make. I have served in all these roles, but any profit made always went back to the teams.
parent

Gainesboro, TN

#10 Feb 10, 2013
look jr pro it's like this Joan or anyone else is not gonna mess with this or any other sport for the kids. Everybody else want's to give out advice and that's about it.Why don't you dedicate your time if it's so important to you.Susan and Tiff are all about the kids not Joan.
wondering

Monroe, TN

#11 Feb 12, 2013
When was the last time a public Spelling Bee was held in Celina?

Would it be supported as much as sports?
that is right

Swansea, SC

#12 Feb 12, 2013
Amen to that!
jr pro

Arden, NC

#13 Feb 13, 2013
parent wrote:
look jr pro it's like this Joan or anyone else is not gonna mess with this or any other sport for the kids. Everybody else want's to give out advice and that's about it.Why don't you dedicate your time if it's so important to you.Susan and Tiff are all about the kids not Joan.
You can tell no one will right. Maybe this will be their last year so someone who does actually care can run it. I myself have been offered to help run it and there is alot of parents other than ones tiff and susan so call take care of are very supportive now and will always be but not seen cause not ass buddies with tiff and susan. Its bout the kids no kids with certain last names nor money. I know for a fact what tiff and susan pocketed last year and somehow nothing went to the school or the kids.
reality

Gainesboro, TN

#14 Feb 13, 2013
sports is a cancerous blight making the nations children brain dead.
Angry

Cookeville, TN

#15 Feb 13, 2013
jr pro wrote:
<quoted text>
You can tell no one will right. Maybe this will be their last year so someone who does actually care can run it. I myself have been offered to help run it and there is alot of parents other than ones tiff and susan so call take care of are very supportive now and will always be but not seen cause not ass buddies with tiff and susan. Its bout the kids no kids with certain last names nor money. I know for a fact what tiff and susan pocketed last year and somehow nothing went to the school or the kids.
It is hard to explain to little kids why they are taken off one team and put on another, when their teammates are not changed. Name, envy, skill- whatever the reason they use, it hurts our children. Sportsmanship, fairness, and teamwork should be primary goals of sports at this age. I no longer want my nephew to be treated in such a biased way. We quit.
angrier

Gainesboro, TN

#16 Feb 13, 2013
In Clay County, it has always been about the biggest bank account and the best last name. You never see a "poor" kid making the newspaper for scoring points, even though they did!! You never see a "poor" kid making valadictorian, even though their grades were excellent. Money and namesake is everything here. Always has been and will be!!! It is not fair!! Every child should be treated equal. If one plays better than the other, DAMN! work with that child a little more. Don't move him to another team just to keep from teaching him/her!!! I have lived in this place my entire life and I have witnessed students with near 4.0 GPA be pushed aside because the didn't meet the criteria of being the best, all because of who they were or should I say, who the were not!!!!! So much for WELCOME TO CLAY COUNTY,HOME OF THE FINEST PEOPLE IN THE WORLD!!

Livingston, TN

#17 Feb 13, 2013
if you think susan,tiff,or steve is volunteering there time without compensation for it,your wrong! steve brown is in it for the proceeds,just like susan.an audit needs to be performed to see who is getting the most profit from the expense of clay county school systems! promise you they don't help pay light bill they run up on the weekend use of gym,sweep or mop the gym floor after use! profit then run home and smoke it up!
Whatever

Livingston, TN

#18 Feb 13, 2013
You are sadly mistaken if you think they are making money off of Jr. Pro! lol Its called they are good people and they are giving my (OUR) children something to do for fun and I for one APPRECIATE all the time and effort that put in because it makes my child HAPPY :) So Thank you Susan and your family!!!!!
sports parent

Cookeville, TN

#19 Feb 13, 2013
Video games and most of the television programming these days is the blight to which you refer. Sports can change a persons life as a scolarship can provide an opportunity to kids whose parents otherwise cant afford to send their kids to college. Think about it.
reality wrote:
sports is a cancerous blight making the nations children brain dead.
jr pro

United States

#20 Feb 14, 2013
Whatever wrote:
You are sadly mistaken if you think they are making money off of Jr. Pro! lol Its called they are good people and they are giving my (OUR) children something to do for fun and I for one APPRECIATE all the time and effort that put in because it makes my child HAPPY :) So Thank you Susan and your family!!!!!
Well either your dumb or just lieing. I know for fact what they made last year as i seen and was told from them. Im sorry i like susan and tif but not that they short our kids on the program. They work with the parents they like to better their teams. And pocket alot of money when should put more to kids and appreciating what school helps them with. No matter what people will be mad but doing what's right is the difference not by who is it your helping by a win of a game.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celina Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
1 stop 24 min kkkkk 26
new principal at k8 2 hr Birdwell 11 2
New County Commissioners 3 hr justsayin 30
director 5 hr huh 1
County Commission and School Board Mon Guest 7
Who stabbed Kevin Glasscock (Oct '12) Sun Barnes 5
green kayak missing Sun ZanneSaw 1

Celina Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance