Local Dude

Dallas, TX

#23 Jan 26, 2013
The Verandah Development is planning to crank up its second phase, which will likely double the size of that subdivision.
The Sunrise Development agreed to purchase water from the City of Greenville last year so that they can eventually put in a new lake as part of their residential area.
I tried to locate a reference article for this the other day, but was unable to, although I remember that the North Central Texas Council of Governments had projected not too long ago that Hunt County would be considered an "urbanized" county by 2050.
Janet

Greenville, TX

#25 Jan 28, 2013
The word is out that they will bulldoze CB's Hamburgers to build this stupid pass-through road. We DON'T NEED IT! They already have right-of-way to expand I-30. No more super highways right through the middle of Greenville. Tell your council member NO NO NO to this land grab for private gain. We don't want it!
Local Dude

Dallas, TX

#26 Jan 28, 2013
Janet, the Council has already voted on this.

http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x2056597012/T...
controverse

Frisco, TX

#27 Jan 28, 2013
One citizen however, did not have a question, only a statement to Greenville Herald.

“I want you to look me in the eyes,” Michael Sharpe, a Hunt County resident said.“I’m going to do everything I can to screw you up and try to get this thing trashed.”

what a dope...whatyagoin to do, jump off the water tower to screw something up? what a dull sharpie.
controverse

Frisco, TX

#28 Jan 28, 2013
CB's is downtown, this wont run through downtown, too costly. Its not on the threee proposed routes. They dont run tollroads through downtowns they cost to much in ROW taxes/fees to payback tot he munis. Example is 121 tollroad in Collin.
another unfounded rumor
Local Dude

Dallas, TX

#29 Jan 28, 2013
controverse

Frisco, TX

#30 Jan 28, 2013
You do know that the city has no real role in either of those projects?
Amen, Local Dude
controverse

Frisco, TX

#31 Jan 28, 2013
Truly said. They stay in Greenville, they spend in Greenville, and get an early start the next morning after breakfast in Greenville. Yo Jim V.
This is the worst case scenario, once they get you riled up on this path you EASILY accept one of the others. This is how it went down on the 121 Tollway in 2003-07 in Collin Cty in meetings with Frisco and Mckinney. Learn to negotiate-- don't foment stupidity and ignorance. Ther mayor knows this, back the mayor
controverse

Frisco, TX

#33 Jan 30, 2013
http://heraldbanner.com/topnews/x1303533806/C...

not this bloke again. Really??
controverse

Frisco, TX

#34 Jan 31, 2013
http://www.bizjournals.com/dallas/news/2013/0...

Employers have added 500,000 jobs over the last two years and 1.4 million jobs over the last 10 years, Perry said. And Greenville could partake of this growth, but we have stub ourselves on Caddo Mills. Neighbor districts have experienced it. Keep your freakin' mud bog the rest of want to move on.
Jason

Greenville, TX

#35 Jan 31, 2013
We're adding low-end jobs for illegal aliens and they're growing so fast they need new roads to drive on (without driver's licenses). Stop the insanity and stop this land grab of Greenville that will only benefit someone else. WE DON'T NEED IT!
controverse

Frisco, TX

#36 Jan 31, 2013
Jason wrote:
We're adding low-end jobs for illegal aliens and they're growing so fast they need new roads to drive on (without driver's licenses). Stop the insanity and stop this land grab of Greenville that will only benefit someone else. WE DON'T NEED IT!
Not sure how this is a land grab?? the state or feds don't want the land, they are building a road. This isn't a land grab like in England by the King. Get some edumacation for once. Illegals don't use toll roads at the rate your mouth is running(the don't have drivers licenses, remember)?
controverse

Frisco, TX

#37 Jan 31, 2013
Local Dude wrote:
http://heraldbanner.com/topnew s/x503832726/Town-Hall-meeting -on-toll-road-scheduled
Dorf is at it again......cant gets his facts straight

HOSPITAL OFFICIALS RESPOND TO REMARKS MADE BY COMMISSIONER
Precinct 2 Hunt County Commissioner Jay Atkins’ plan to remove the Hunt Regional Healthcare Center’s taxing authority contains inaccuracies, local hospital officials say.

Richard Carter, chief executive officer of Hunt Regional Healthcare, said the hospital district’s tax rate will probably not exceed the county’s in a decade, which contradicts a statement by Atkins.

“Based on our tax rate history, this is highly unlikely,” he said.“The hospital district’s current tax rate of .225000 [per $100 valuation] is only .0075 greater than the 1990 tax rate of .217500. If the county population increases as Mr. Atkins projects, this will provide greater tax benefit for the district and even less likelihood of a tax rate increase.”
Jason

Greenville, TX

#39 Feb 1, 2013
I have enough "edumacation" to know they have to build the road on land. And they do not currently own the land, so it will be forcibly acquired through eminent domain. Homes, businesses, anything in their path will meet the wrecking ball so they can build this highway for private gain. Why can't they just expand I-30 the way it is already planned?
Local Dude

Dallas, TX

#40 Feb 1, 2013
Jason wrote:
I have enough "edumacation" to know they have to build the road on land. And they do not currently own the land, so it will be forcibly acquired through eminent domain. Homes, businesses, anything in their path will meet the wrecking ball so they can build this highway for private gain. Why can't they just expand I-30 the way it is already planned?
Most of the land the company needs for the toll road, maybe all of it (that is still open for debate, apparently) the company is leasing from another agency, NETEX, which is wanting to use the money it gets to build a railroad line as part of the project (again open to debate as to whether that would be possible). So essentially they have the land already.

The company plans to spend money to build the road, and use the tolls to pay off its debt (again a debate over whether the tolls would be enough to do that) at a far less expensive tab than widening I-30, which would be up to TxDOT, which doesn't have the money to do so and, even if it did, would be made up of tax dollars.
controverse

Frisco, TX

#41 Feb 1, 2013
Jason wrote:
They haven't eminent domained anything yet. Jay has everyone worked up. Local Gain? no, edumacated brain. tolls reap money for decades to the munis. that's right --we did this in Collin w/o all this fuss you are stirring up. oh, & the population is 258k more
controverse

Frisco, TX

#42 Feb 1, 2013
Local Dude wrote:
<quoted text>
Most of the land the company needs for the toll road, maybe all of it (that is still open for debate, apparently) the company is leasing from another agency, NETEX, which is wanting to use the money it gets to build a railroad line as part of the project (again open to debate as to whether that would be possible). So essentially they have the land already.
The company plans to spend money to build the road, and use the tolls to pay off its debt (again a debate over whether the tolls would be enough to do that) at a far less expensive tab than widening I-30, which would be up to TxDOT, which doesn't have the money to do so and, even if it did, would be made up of tax dollars.
that's correct TxDot cant afford to anything to I-30(and I don't care if they do or not)--that horse already ran, further--that's why nothing is happening to US75 at all. Only Houston roads get any TxDot funding anymore. See the last 10 years budget report. TX Dot can barely find funds for measly widenings for HOV. they wont mess with interstates in the hinterlands. we need to get a grip and look out 20 years and see what roads bring in funds to munis, not get tired head and brainlock on land grabs. if the land is grabbed already--and it should have been a train, but I will take a road. Gov Perry said if we had a train system like Europe, would have the best business climate in the US. but we keep building roads instead. We are not ready in Texas for the next century. But Greenville can get onboard for the next 50 years by using what investors(and they are) say will bring funds to this municipal just for accessing the NETEX
Jason

Greenville, TX

#43 Feb 1, 2013
I don't think Hunt County citizens want 250,000 more neighbors here! If the toll road is going to transform us into more of the frantic metroplex, then all the more reason to oppose it. It might over-run us eventually, but maybe we can keep it out till the end of our own lives anyway...
Local Dude

Dallas, TX

#44 Feb 1, 2013
OK Jason, again, it would appear by many estimates that those 250,000 or so people will be coming here whether we want them to or not. That is why the Walton folks were interested in coming here in the first place. They wanted to grab up their land before anyone else. Same with the Sunrise and Verandah districts and the same as the toll road developers.
There are a couple of other residential/mixed use projects which aren't nearly as far along, and may never get to the same point, but what the city and county folks are trying to do is manage the growth which everybody seems to be saying is heading this way, either tomorrow or within the next 20 years or so.
The last thing we want to do is wake up 30 years from now, and find that we are a county of some 250,000 people and have no new roads into DFW or through the county and then try and build them.
Not saying the toll road is the answer, and to many people it is not. But right now, it is the only option on the table.
XXX

Fort Worth, TX

#45 Feb 1, 2013
Momof3 wrote:
Do you people not think of the health impact and lives it will ruin? This toll road is projected to run directly behind the homes of Grand Heritage in Lavon.......a community already next to one highway being expanded, with two major roadways surrounding this community it will definitely be a federal noise violation and bring more pollution into a rural area. This will also devalue the homes and disrupt the lives of families that just moved here to get away from urban noise. It will drive down the property values and no one is going to want to buy a home next to a toll road. Every Josephine and Nevada resident I've talked to didn't even know about this and they don't want to be on the map....that's why they moved here. How is it these city governments are acting in the best interest of the community when the residents voices haven't even been heard?
Boo Hoo! Really!!! You cannot expect progress to be made by keeping things the same! This town needs to grow! Stop complaining and move to the country!!! I believe "health" has nothing to do with a new road! Dramatic much?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Celeste Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
TX Longtime GOP Texas Gov. Perry wins another term (Nov '10) 26 min That Fart Guy 22,543
TX Who do you support for Governor in Texas in 2010? (Oct '10) 5 hr That Fart Guy 18,274
TX Who do you support for Commissioner of Agricult... (Oct '10) 12 hr Gasman 566
TX Who do you support for Attorney General in Texa... (Oct '10) Sun That Fart Guy 676
50 degrees!!!!! Sep 13 heartTEX 1
Who Stole Sep 13 mar sh 1
Wow ! In the 60's this morning ! Sep 12 Jesse Creswell 3
•••

Celeste News Video

•••
•••

Celeste Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••