DeWine will announce candidacy for at...

DeWine will announce candidacy for attorney general

There are 26 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Jul 21, 2009, titled DeWine will announce candidacy for attorney general. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Former U.S. Sen. Mike DeWine officially will announce his Republican candidacy for Ohio attorney general Wednesday in the courtroom where he kicked off a 30-year run in public office, Joined by his wife, Fran, their seven children and 12 grandchildren, DeWine will make the announcement in the Greene County Courthouse in Xenia, about 15 miles from ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Amazing

AOL

#1 Jul 21, 2009
Good. I can't wait to vote against him again.
Grace

Stow, OH

#2 Jul 21, 2009
Can't wait to vote FOR him again.
Bob

Canton, OH

#3 Jul 21, 2009
I think hes too short for that desk.
Taxpayer

Columbus, OH

#4 Jul 21, 2009
Never voted for Mike DeWine, but I do think he's an honorable person. Interesting that he would be willing to go from Senator to Ohio AG when his name was often mentioned as a United States Attorney General had McCain won the election. I wonder if this is part of a four or eight year plan to run for Governor.
Its Me

Springfield, OH

#5 Jul 21, 2009
He lost the US Senator race and tries for a state position. Isn't that like a demotion?
DEMOTION

Springfield, OH

#7 Jul 21, 2009
Just like John Kasich!
Army Parent

Defiance, OH

#8 Jul 21, 2009
With sympathy for his losses in his family, I have to say NO RHINOS! Therefore No Dewine
Parasite

Dayton, OH

#9 Jul 21, 2009
He needs to get a real job instead of leaching off taxpayers. I am sick of career politicians! He is a RINO!
steve stiffler

Loveland, OH

#10 Jul 21, 2009
Are they going have to first fund raiser at Rob Portman's Golden Lamb?
No Rinos

Englewood, OH

#11 Jul 21, 2009
Message to Kevin DeWine, Ohio GOP chairman:
Kevin, I realize it's your uncle, but have you forgotten his last election? Have you forgotten Blackwell, Montgomery, and where does the list stop? Sure you can get 80 or so other RINO's to endorse Mike at the State level, but you won't win Butler County because we will either support the other guy, no matter who, just to make sure that lesson sinks in.

Since: Jun 09

Belpre, OH

#12 Jul 21, 2009
All I know about about Mike Dewine is when he was a Senator from the Great State of Ohio is that he failed to sign onto legislation to tighten the oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac. The reason for the former senator not to support greater oversight of these two giants that collasp last year was the donations he received from a company called DCI. For more information just Goggle Mike Dewine and Freddie Mac. I say let us keep this loser out of any politcal office.
DCM

AOL

#13 Jul 21, 2009
Good grief. What is it they say about bad pennies?
Evan

Columbus, OH

#14 Jul 21, 2009
I don't really have anything against Dewine, but Cordray has been an outstanding AG. His legal credentials are impeccable (i.e., University of Chicago Law School, Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review, US Supreme Court Law Clerk, State Solicitor, etc.). Also, it has been a breath of fresh air not having a scandal in the AG's office.
average_guy

Powell, OH

#15 Jul 21, 2009
Three words:

Gang Of Fourteen
average_guy

Powell, OH

#16 Jul 21, 2009
Evan wrote:
I don't really have anything against Dewine, but Cordray has been an outstanding AG. His legal credentials are impeccable (i.e., University of Chicago Law School, Editor-in-Chief of the Law Review, US Supreme Court Law Clerk, State Solicitor, etc.). Also, it has been a breath of fresh air not having a scandal in the AG's office.
You mean no scandal since Cordray took over for Marc Dann? Dan set the bar pretty low...
Sweetbriar

Dublin, OH

#17 Jul 21, 2009
This election will be be about one person --Melissa Barnhart.

Remember that name-- she will be a public figure just like Tom Noe was last time. Her fundraising activities will drag Cordray down . Cordray has been warned.
big john

Hudson, OH

#20 Jul 22, 2009
melissa barnhart ,isn't she the live in girlfriend of the mayor of akron ?
didn't she have a close relationship with the mayor of columbus ?
she is sorta a fix it operator, you give her money and she gets you legal work from russ ballfuss former executive director of the akron democratic party who now appoints special consul for the ohio atty. general .
barnhart is the first lady of akron and the first fixer of columbus democrats .
Linda

Canton, OH

#21 Jul 22, 2009
has a midgit ever been elected attorney General ?
Topper

Columbus, OH

#22 Jul 22, 2009
We need to reform the "term-limit" laws..

You can be elected to 1 term.
And that would mean you can never run for another office again.

These egomaniac politicians just MUST run for something......senator,govenor ,dogcatcher.....
DonVito

Canton, OH

#23 Jul 22, 2009
personelly I believeaj thatta we should looka uppa to our political leaders. butta in this ah case thatta notta possibel.

-
HAHAHHAAHAHAHAOHOHOHOH
WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
THATS AH TOOOOO FUNNIE

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Raejean Williamson still live around James... Apr '16 Lidspinner 1
fund rasier Mar '16 israfigsan 2
neal bowman (Jun '15) Mar '16 curious 3
jake wrek Feb '16 taylorT 5
Lindsey Paul and Opie Feb '16 Travis 1
McDonald's (Jun '15) Feb '16 Just sick 2
News Living black history | The Columbus Dispatch (Feb '11) Jan '16 two cents 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarville Mortgages