Quick emergence of swine flu puts col...

Quick emergence of swine flu puts colleges on alert

There are 4 comments on the Columbus Dispatch story from Sep 2, 2009, titled Quick emergence of swine flu puts colleges on alert. In it, Columbus Dispatch reports that:

Universities and public-school districts spent the summer preparing for swine flu.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Columbus Dispatch.

columbus2

Columbus, OH

#1 Sep 2, 2009
I know this is mentioned elsewhere, however shouldn't the article after mentioning a couple times to "recognize the symptoms" offer up the symptoms?
If I were a hypochondriac I'd want to be able to go like....check each one off as I feel I have it. Then yell score when I get them all checked off! ;-)
Hannitys Shrunken Head

Columbus, OH

#2 Sep 2, 2009
WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS, SUZANNE??????????
me again

Bellefontaine, OH

#3 Sep 2, 2009
My husband and I both have H1N1. He caught it within three days of starting his teaching job, and I had it three days after that. The scary thing about this virus is the speed of the infection. Which is why this whole H1N1 vaccination is a joke. Most people will have already had the virus by the time the vaccine becomes available, in late October (now they're saying "early November."). I think somebody has really dropped the ball on this one, and now they're trying to cover themselves by "warning" everyone to "take precautions." We knew that already, and you're too late, CDC, Sebelius, et. al.
me again

Bellefontaine, OH

#4 Sep 2, 2009
Everything I've read, and my own experience, have indicated that the symptoms of H1N1 are pretty much the same as "regular" flu. I will say, though, that my husband and I both got a sudden cough on the second day. I've had coughs before, but never so quickly. Also, the fatigue is very pronounced. We both slept A LOT. Other than that, it's just been like a bad case of the flu.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Does Raejean Williamson still live around James... Apr '16 Lidspinner 1
fund rasier Mar '16 israfigsan 2
neal bowman (Jun '15) Mar '16 curious 3
jake wrek Feb '16 taylorT 5
Lindsey Paul and Opie Feb '16 Travis 1
McDonald's (Jun '15) Feb '16 Just sick 2
News Living black history | The Columbus Dispatch (Feb '11) Jan '16 two cents 21
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarville Mortgages