Quick emergence of swine flu puts colleges on alert

Full story: Columbus Dispatch

Universities and public-school districts spent the summer preparing for swine flu.

Comments

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
columbus2

Zanesville, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

I know this is mentioned elsewhere, however shouldn't the article after mentioning a couple times to "recognize the symptoms" offer up the symptoms?
If I were a hypochondriac I'd want to be able to go like....check each one off as I feel I have it. Then yell score when I get them all checked off! ;-)
Hannitys Shrunken Head

Columbus, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

WHAT ARE THE SYMPTOMS, SUZANNE??????????
me again

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

My husband and I both have H1N1. He caught it within three days of starting his teaching job, and I had it three days after that. The scary thing about this virus is the speed of the infection. Which is why this whole H1N1 vaccination is a joke. Most people will have already had the virus by the time the vaccine becomes available, in late October (now they're saying "early November."). I think somebody has really dropped the ball on this one, and now they're trying to cover themselves by "warning" everyone to "take precautions." We knew that already, and you're too late, CDC, Sebelius, et. al.
me again

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Sep 2, 2009

Everything I've read, and my own experience, have indicated that the symptoms of H1N1 are pretty much the same as "regular" flu. I will say, though, that my husband and I both got a sudden cough on the second day. I've had coughs before, but never so quickly. Also, the fatigue is very pronounced. We both slept A LOT. Other than that, it's just been like a bad case of the flu.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 1 - 4 of4
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

Cedarville Jobs

•••
•••
•••

Cedarville People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

Personal Finance