Polk County Water Problems

Polk County Water Problems

Posted in the Cedartown Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
AttaBoy

United States

#1 Jan 11, 2014
Got Polk county water problems?
Ever had Polk county water problems?
Got solutions?
StillNoWater

United States

#2 Jan 12, 2014
Sun, 1/12/2014 10:45 AM
Have a pencil sized drip on cold water side and nothing on hot water side.

Sunday morning, at sunrise we had pressure on both hot and cold water facets.

Sat 10:54 AM
Now it is nothing again.
Oh, their 48 hours top recoup pressure was up this morning.

7:15 AM Sat
We finally got a dribble about the size of a pencil on the cold water side and a drip on the hot water side
SewTheySay

United States

#3 Jan 12, 2014
The PCWA said that a new pump was installed on Friday, that the pressure should improve and to give it time.
When was that "give it time" 48 hours up?
pcwa

Tuskegee, AL

#4 Jan 12, 2014
The PCWA is a joke! They don't care about anything but making a dollar. Did you all know that our water bills are going to be increasing and not only due to this. I'm sure now they will really go up. I was told those pumps needed replacing years ago. Why wait so long and put the whole county out?
ButButBut

United States

#5 Jan 13, 2014
pcwa wrote:
The PCWA is a joke! They don't care about anything but making a dollar. Did you all know that our water bills are going to be increasing and not only due to this. I'm sure now they will really go up. I was told those pumps needed replacing years ago. Why wait so long and put the whole county out?
So we will be paying more for less? That lady over on Jud Braizer Road that wants PCWA water, does she know what it is that she is asking for?
Seriously, we are thinking of boring or drilling a well. Can PCWA try to stop us from doing that?
Will this failure to provide water also affect our fire ratings in which we must live within so many miles of a working fire hydrant or functional fire station?
This just seems to be a bit more serious than they are taking it. I hear that big businesses on PCWA are not so happy either. How can we attract new jobs when these people can't furnish water to new companies? Will they eventually start closing valves to home areas in order to keep big business in water and happy?
We don't need no stinking PCWAuthority. What we need is a PCWDepartment. A non profit outfit that has everybody's needs in their concerns. Why can't the customers, us, force them to give up this system to us?
Really

Greenville, SC

#6 Jan 14, 2014
ButButBut wrote:
<quoted text>So we will be paying more for less? That lady over on Jud Braizer Road that wants PCWA water, does she know what it is that she is asking for?
Seriously, we are thinking of boring or drilling a well. Can PCWA try to stop us from doing that?
Will this failure to provide water also affect our fire ratings in which we must live within so many miles of a working fire hydrant or functional fire station?
This just seems to be a bit more serious than they are taking it. I hear that big businesses on PCWA are not so happy either. How can we attract new jobs when these people can't furnish water to new companies? Will they eventually start closing valves to home areas in order to keep big business in water and happy?
We don't need no stinking PCWAuthority. What we need is a PCWDepartment. A non profit outfit that has everybody's needs in their concerns. Why can't the customers, us, force them to give up this system to us?
Yes she does. She has no water from what I have understood. Says her well dried up. I would rather have little water than no water. Wouldn't you?
AttaBoy

United States

#7 Jan 16, 2014
Our water pressure in back up but there is a lot of air in the line. A lot of air.
AttaBoy

United States

#8 Jan 16, 2014
Really wrote:
<quoted text>
I would rather have little water than no water. Wouldn't you?
A "little water" can be bought at Dollar General by the jug. A business that provides water on the basis that this system claims should have a tad more than a "little water". When we use the restroom at 2 AM and have to wait to flush until they turn the pumps back on at 4 AM then it is "they" who are the problem. Not the customer. This goes on night after night, year round.
Really

Atlanta, GA

#9 Jan 16, 2014
AttaBoy wrote:
<quoted text>A "little water" can be bought at Dollar General by the jug. A business that provides water on the basis that this system claims should have a tad more than a "little water". When we use the restroom at 2 AM and have to wait to flush until they turn the pumps back on at 4 AM then it is "they" who are the problem. Not the customer. This goes on night after night, year round.
I understand that and I wouldn't like it. My response was in reference to the one asking did the lady know what she was asking for. My point, I would rather only have a tad of running water than no water. The county as a whole should have plenty of water with plenty of pressure because that is what we pay for.
water user

Cedartown, GA

#10 Jan 16, 2014
Boy!!!! If you read all of the comments on this site and all of the others sites related to The Polk County water, there are some negative comments by ATTABOY, STILLNOWATER, SEWTHEYSAY and BUTBUTBUT. This person or persons must really dislike the water dept.. I wonder why. One of them said to take the water service property from the owners and give it to someone who could run it the way it should be run. Someone asked the question. who are the owners of the water service? NO RESPONSED. If you did take the property from the owners, who would you give it to? Who could and would take this property from the owners? I also would like to know the names of the owners of the water service property. Could some please give me these names?
uhhuh

Cedartown, GA

#11 Jan 16, 2014
Polk County water is worse than the third world.
DisAintDat

United States

#12 Jan 17, 2014
water user wrote:
Who could and would take this property from the owners? I also would like to know the names of the owners of the water service property. Could some please give me these names?
The owners must be a well guarded secret as I don't think I have ever seen that in print. The state awarded them the authority so I suppose that the state would be the one to strip them of the authority.
water user

Cedartown, GA

#13 Jan 20, 2014
DisAintDat wrote:
<quoted text>
The owners must be a well guarded secret as I don't think I have ever seen that in print. The state awarded them the authority so I suppose that the state would be the one to strip them of the authority.
After doing some research, I know 2 of these owners. However, at no time would I tried to take their property. I believe that the backlash would be to great. I don't think that you could take this property and give it to some else because you didn't like the way they conducted business.
DisAintDat

United States

#14 Jan 20, 2014
water user wrote:
<quoted text>
After doing some research, I know 2 of these owners. However, at no time would I tried to take their property. I believe that the backlash would be to great. I don't think that you could take this property and give it to some else because you didn't like the way they conducted business.
Well of course that may be partly true but since they are operating in the realm of public service and supposedly for the public good then they do have obligations. First up, if they take any federal dollars then there are federal guidelines to follow. Then there is the state that awarded them the authority rights. While some say that this outfit is not regulated I say that the state awarded so the state can strip. This outfit is getting some attention in the public eye. Why? Poor service.
CatNotInHat

United States

#15 Jan 22, 2014
Anyone on here that is on this PCWA system pay for a 2 inch meter?
WhatEver

United States

#16 Jan 23, 2014
What ever happened to those brothers that used to repair the county water lines? Did they get bumped out?
AttaBoy

United States

#17 Jan 25, 2014
No water this morning in West Polk.
water user

Cedartown, GA

#18 Jan 25, 2014
AttaBoy wrote:
No water this morning in West Polk.
I live in west Polk and have water. I have not had any problem with our water in a few years.
Is it possible that someone is trying to cause trouble with the water company? Read other comments from AttaBoy and you will see what I mean.
the truth

Silver Creek, GA

#19 Jan 25, 2014
I haven't had a problem today but I know others have there was a water main break. I had five days without water so you must be lucky to not had any problems I did just get my water bill and I find it interesting even though I didn't have a drop of water for five days my bill is still the same I cant wait to hear the explanation for that.
water user

Cedartown, GA

#20 Jan 25, 2014
the truth wrote:
I haven't had a problem today but I know others have there was a water main break. I had five days without water so you must be lucky to not had any problems I did just get my water bill and I find it interesting even though I didn't have a drop of water for five days my bill is still the same I cant wait to hear the explanation for that.
I would suggest that you call the water company and have someone come out and read your water meter and make sure it is correct. Better than that , read your own water meter vs last month bill and see how many days are on this month bill and see if the chargers are correct. I know that last month I was charged for 29 days and this month I was charged for 36 days.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedartown Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Weymon Rooks (Dec '11) Nov 26 Didley 13
Thomas Lee (Tommy) Cline, died 10/22/2015 Nov 19 no trouble with t... 1
Missing You Nov 18 Not gay 6
News Red Hatters helping with parade donations Nov 17 Not gay 2
Dog Drags Butt Across Carpet (Apr '16) Nov 13 Tolerman 15
Corruption in Carroll County Court System (Jan '12) Nov 10 Dfox 29
Review: Intertech Probation (Oct '13) Nov 9 Jimmy 5

Cedartown Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedartown Mortgages