Nassau sewer districts move step clos...

Nassau sewer districts move step closer to consolidation

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 3, 2008, titled Nassau sewer districts move step closer to consolidation. In it, Newsday reports that:

Despite many unanswered questions, a Nassau County legislative committee has approved the first step in County Executive Thomas Suozzi's plan to consolidate three local sewer systems into the county system.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Nassau County Civic Assoc

Metuchen, NJ

#1 Jan 3, 2008
The bottom line is, does it save money for the Nassau taxpayer? If so, we would be inclined to support the plan. If not, it should be opposed.

www.nassaucivic.com
Declan

Glen Cove, NY

#3 Jan 3, 2008
A full and fair hearing? Really? Like the one in Glen Cove a few weeks back when taxpayers weren't allowed to speak?
I Have His Wallet

United States

#4 Jan 4, 2008
Suozzi and his gumbas in Glen Cove know a great deal about sewage, garbage, and other refuse.

Nassau Civic asks the right question - does it save us money?

I for one doubt it!

This is just a stepping stone for other take-overs of special districts. I should say - "take-away" because all Souzzi and his cronies are intertested in is consolidating power and collecting all of the revenue they can get their hands on.

The needs of the tax payers - does not and will not enter into their consideration.
realist

Brooklyn, NY

#6 Jan 4, 2008
I hope you're right and that this is a "stepping stone for other take-overs of special districts". It's long overdue and an absolute necessity in order to save Nassau from the CROOKS in the "special districts".
consolidation is the only way to sweep away multiple layers of "Administrators". It needs to be done at every level, including the schools.
I Have His Wallet wrote:
Suozzi and his gumbas in Glen Cove know a great deal about sewage, garbage, and other refuse.
Nassau Civic asks the right question - does it save us money?
I for one doubt it!
This is just a stepping stone for other take-overs of special districts. I should say - "take-away" because all Souzzi and his cronies are intertested in is consolidating power and collecting all of the revenue they can get their hands on.
The needs of the tax payers - does not and will not enter into their consideration.
Free at Last

Thousand Oaks, CA

#7 Jan 4, 2008
People in Glen Cove will not have to pay sewer taxes for 15 years! Explain that! A giveaway to the people of Glen Cove from their patron Mr. Souzzi. And will he pay anything from his 60,000 raise? Absolutely not! You can not make this stuff up.
Wawa

Chesterfield, MO

#8 Jan 9, 2008
Jeez, what a thought. As a Glen Head resident, we heard a generation ago that Glen Cove's new sewer plant had excess capacity ... and that we could be connected and that collapsing cesspools would be a thing of the past ...
Time for another sewer construction boondoggle ... like in Suffolk County way back when!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
custom bakers (Apr '08) 12 hr Lucy 101
News Rally backs student in Malcolm X sweater clash ... Thu Fulton Telese 3
News Cops: Swastika, lewd graffiti spray-painted nea... Thu Fulton Telese 1
lady Feb 19 power trip 1
Review: Long Island Beauty Center By Rodolfo Va... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hair Colorist Lon... 1
News Sandy Victims Facing Hurdles Claiming Insurance... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Denise b 4
News Family Dog Dies After Fire at Atlantic Beach Home (Jan '13) Jan '13 Eric 1

Cedarhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarhurst Mortgages