Shoe king Steve Madden does some sole...

Shoe king Steve Madden does some sole searching

There are 6 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 6, 2008, titled Shoe king Steve Madden does some sole searching. In it, Newsday reports that:

When Newsday interviewed shoe mogul Steve Madden about 10 years ago, his annual sales were around $60 million, he reeked of bad-boy attitude and he had hair.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Julianne

United States

#1 Jan 6, 2008
Stories of redemption and healthy internal shifts are so rare, especially for five-towners. I'm glad he's doing well and his life is good, and he got the message and refocused himself.

By the way, the word "struggle" in Spanish is spelled "lucha", not "lucia". My guess is he learned that in prison, because it sure wasn't in Cedarhurst.
wordygurdy

Selden, NY

#2 Jan 7, 2008
"Tudor-style factory?"
That's a new one.
Creditchick1

New York, NY

#4 Jan 7, 2008
God bless Steve Madden..When he came out of Jail he got right back into the swing of things! He interviewed with Queen of all Media Wendy WIlliams and handled it VERY well. I enjoy wearing his shoes..THEY LAST!

I wish alot more people comming out of the jail system could say that they were motivated to suceed..
Tudor it is

New York, NY

#5 Jan 7, 2008
wordygurdy wrote:
"Tudor-style factory?"
That's a new one.
If you knew Forest Hills, it wouldn't seem so odd. The whole town is built to resemble an English village. The Madden building is, indeed, half timbered, tudor style -- you can see it from the LIRR.
wordygurdy

Selden, NY

#6 Jan 7, 2008
Tudor it is wrote:
<quoted text>
If you knew Forest Hills, it wouldn't seem so odd. The whole town is built to resemble an English village. The Madden building is, indeed, half timbered, tudor style -- you can see it from the LIRR.
Can't say that I do know Forest Hills. I had this odd Willy-Wonka-Chocolate-Factory vision. If the whole town looks like that, maybe I should go there some time ;)
Kajal

Santa Ana, CA

#7 Jan 11, 2008
Yeah, his shoes are beautiful, but can someone tell this guy to make them the right size? They are always bigger than the size you normally are, and the half size smaller will pinch your toes immediately. Why would you do this? Just make them the standard size. It's so wrong!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Brooklyn College doesn't want police using camp... 3 hr The Last Warrior ... 21
News New Yorkers split over whether to nix Christoph... Tue Franken is TOAST 5
News Teen charged after he vandalised Scott Marsh mu... Tue Birdzilla 1
News Frozen Cup of Bellerose to be Replaced by Days Inn (Oct '08) Nov 17 balldy18 144
Review: Popkin-Brogna Jujitsu Center (Nov '14) Nov 14 AndriaA 27
Review: Long Island Beauty Center By Rodolfo Va... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hair Colorist Lon... 1
News Sandy Victims Facing Hurdles Claiming Insurance... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Denise b 4

Cedarhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarhurst Mortgages