Killed amid the clutter

Killed amid the clutter

There are 9 comments on the Newsday story from May 13, 2007, titled Killed amid the clutter. In it, Newsday reports that:

An early morning fire yesterday claimed the lives of a Cedarhurst couple whose home was cluttered from floor to ceiling with piles of old newspapers, magazines, clothes and other debris, authorities and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

long beach girl

Parsippany, NJ

#1 May 13, 2007
"Old garments and stuffed plastic garbage bags hung from the windows of the charred shell of the house. And two cars in the driveway, a dark blue Oldsmobile and a rust-colored Pontiac, were stacked shoulder high, from the rear seat to the dashboard, with newspapers, books, magazines and clothing"
HELLO OUT THERE NEIGHBORS & FAMILY!!!! YOU SEE THIS IN THE DRIVEWAY AND WINDOWS AND YOU DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??? IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD, IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO BE SURE THAT THE ELDERLY ARE SAFE! LOOK AT THE HEWLETT INCIDENT AND THE HAMPTON BAYS INCIDENT...THAT MAN WAS DEAD FOR A YEAR SITTING IN FRONT OF HIS TV AND THE LIGHTS WERE STILL ON! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? WAKE UP...ONE DAY IT'LL BE YOU...TYPICAL...I DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED ATTITUDE. IT'S NOT MY BUSINESS....LIVE AND LET LIVE NEIGHBORHOOD? HOW ABOUT CALLING IT A LIVE AND LET DIE NEIGHBORHOOD.
long beach girl

Parsippany, NJ

#2 May 13, 2007
long beach girl wrote:
"Old garments and stuffed plastic garbage bags hung from the windows of the charred shell of the house. And two cars in the driveway, a dark blue Oldsmobile and a rust-colored Pontiac, were stacked shoulder high, from the rear seat to the dashboard, with newspapers, books, magazines and clothing"
HELLO OUT THERE NEIGHBORS & FAMILY!!!! YOU SEE THIS IN THE DRIVEWAY AND WINDOWS AND YOU DON'T THINK ANYTHING IS WRONG WITH THIS PICTURE??? IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO RAISE A CHILD, IT TAKES A VILLAGE TO BE SURE THAT THE ELDERLY ARE SAFE! LOOK AT THE HEWLETT INCIDENT AND THE HAMPTON BAYS INCIDENT...THAT MAN WAS DEAD FOR A YEAR SITTING IN FRONT OF HIS TV AND THE LIGHTS WERE STILL ON! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE? WAKE UP...ONE DAY IT'LL BE YOU...TYPICAL...I DON'T WANT TO GET INVOLVED ATTITUDE. IT'S NOT MY BUSINESS....LIVE AND LET LIVE NEIGHBORHOOD? HOW ABOUT CALLING IT A LIVE AND LET DIE NEIGHBORHOOD.
MY CORRECTION..IT WASN'T HEWLETT BUT WOODMERE.
An ex resident

San Jose, CA

#3 May 15, 2007
The 5 towns is NOT a "live and let live" type of neighborhood. Has not been for over the past 10 years.
Tommy

Holtsville, NY

#4 May 15, 2007
I will be the first to tell you, my grandmother lives like this. Its a sickness and she refuses to do anything about it. Enjoys every minute of it. Constantly clipping out papers about living longer and everything. Anytime we tell her about these stories, she thinks the people are ridiclous. Is she? absolutely.!
tex

Killeen, TX

#5 May 15, 2007
140 firemen to put out one stinkin house fire? What, did they hand out numbers like in a bakery to get turns shootin the hose? Wheeee, lemmee squirt the water, chief..pleasy please...I know I know..they all friggin heros! They have a saying here in Texas..one riot...one Texas Ranger. See where I'm a goin wit dis? Hows yer taxes guys

“silly conspiracy theory HA”

Since: Mar 07

Long Island

#6 May 15, 2007
When you have that much crap stuffed into a house floor to ceiling, it is just (a-hem) adding fuel to the fire. Im sure this was a lot different than your normal house fire.
tex wrote:
140 firemen to put out one stinkin house fire? What, did they hand out numbers like in a bakery to get turns shootin the hose? Wheeee, lemmee squirt the water, chief..pleasy please...I know I know..they all friggin heros! They have a saying here in Texas..one riot...one Texas Ranger. See where I'm a goin wit dis? Hows yer taxes guys
tex

Killeen, TX

#7 May 15, 2007
InTheCrapper wrote:
When you have that much crap stuffed into a house floor to ceiling, it is just (a-hem) adding fuel to the fire. Im sure this was a lot different than your normal house fire.
<quoted text>
I see.
long beach girl

Rockville Centre, NY

#8 May 16, 2007
An ex resident wrote:
The 5 towns is NOT a "live and let live" type of neighborhood. Has not been for over the past 10 years.
"People didn't like it, but it's a neighborhood of live and let live," he said.
according to a neighbor, it is.....
realbusy

Bloomfield, NJ

#9 May 18, 2007
Collier Brothers... dejaivu

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The spinning zone (Feb '07) 10 hr The truth 3
News PS 147 in Queens probed for promoting failing s... (Oct '09) 15 hr Deep Throat Infec... 9
Queens Village Music Thread (May '12) Jan 17 Musikologist 21
custom bakers (Apr '08) Jan 12 Telowitz child 98
Saint John's Episcopal Hospital Jan 8 Cilla Mitchell 1
Old Freeport Hospital (Oct '14) Jan 7 jga 8
Review: Long Island Beauty Center By Rodolfo Va... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hair Colorist Lon... 1

Cedarhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarhurst Mortgages