Glen Cove residents want best value f...

Glen Cove residents want best value for plant

There are 4 comments on the Newsday story from Dec 7, 2007, titled Glen Cove residents want best value for plant. In it, Newsday reports that:

Glen Cove residents on Wednesday night urged the City Council not to rush into transferring its sewage treatment plant to Nassau County to ensure that the city gets the most value out of the deal.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

10 yrs free but not 4 me

Thousand Oaks, CA

#1 Dec 7, 2007
Why should WE have to pay full value for a plant that is under capacity and therefore EXPENSIVE to run? This is just a Suozzi gift to his rich pals in Glen Cove.
Where else will it be that your sewer bill will be held steady for even two years?
This is another Suozzi give away at the expense of the South Shore taxpayers and it should be stopped!
Richie

Woodbury, NY

#2 Dec 7, 2007
Why does Suozzola want to acquire sewage treatment plants from the towns, yet looks to sell of the County's ENTIRE parks system?
braintrust

East Hampton, NY

#3 Dec 8, 2007
10 yrs free but not 4 me wrote:
Why should WE have to pay full value for a plant that is under capacity and therefore EXPENSIVE to run? This is just a Suozzi gift to his rich pals in Glen Cove.
Where else will it be that your sewer bill will be held steady for even two years?
This is another Suozzi give away at the expense of the South Shore taxpayers and it should be stopped!
When they say "undercapacity", they mean there is room for more. If they said over capacity, then your argument would make sense.
10 yrs free but not 4 me

Thousand Oaks, CA

#4 Dec 10, 2007
braintrust wrote:
<quoted text>
When they say "undercapacity", they mean there is room for more. If they said over capacity, then your argument would make sense.
No, that is not right, because it is under capacity and there is too much room for more flow, then there are too few people (and businesses) to spread the bill across. GC needs to bring in more users to reduce the cost to the existing tax base. So in this instance too much capacity left is a bad thing if you are a GC taxpayer.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Associated Food Store on Tulip Ave. (Jan '15) Sun RoseS 7
Review: iLoveKickboxing - Franklin Square (Jun '15) Jun 24 Prettysmile 25
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Jun 22 apogosian 50
Review: Long Island Beauty Center By Rodolfo Va... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hair Colorist Lon... 1
News Sandy Victims Facing Hurdles Claiming Insurance... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Denise b 4
News Family Dog Dies After Fire at Atlantic Beach Home (Jan '13) Jan '13 Eric 1
News Fire Spreads Through Numerous Valley Stream Bus... (Aug '12) Aug '12 Scotty 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarhurst Mortgages