Hope riding on NY marijuana bill

Full story: Newsday 123
For several years, Cedarhurst resident Sherri Greene has suffered from fibromyalgia, an arthritis-related condition that causes debilitating pain throughout her arms and legs. Full Story
First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Why Smoke It

Columbus, OH

#1 Jun 14, 2007
The active ingredient in marijuana is THC. Why not just prescribe THC? The level of intake can be controlled, no need to smoke and you know what you’re getting.
Manny

Bronx, NY

#2 Jun 14, 2007
Why Smoke It wrote:
The active ingredient in marijuana is THC. Why not just prescribe THC? The level of intake can be controlled, no need to smoke and you know what you’re getting.
Because MJ also contains over 200 other cannabinoids that are also beneficial to medical users, and the synthesized lab crap doesn't have the same desired effect.. As far as smoking, there are smoke free devices on the market known as vaporizers, and many many patents also ingest the cannabis in foods and tinctures.
concerned tax payer

Hauppauge, NY

#3 Jun 14, 2007
Excuses excuses. It's illegal and should REMAIN illegal. NO MATTER WHAT. Find a "legal" way to control and deal with your pain. Marijuana should remain an ILLEGAL substance...PERIOD!!
peter tosh

San Diego, CA

#4 Jun 14, 2007
legalize it
Concerned Smoker

Jamaica, NY

#5 Jun 14, 2007
Alcohol is legal and claims 5x's the lives as MJ. What's the problem with that picture... Legalize it, smoke it, be responsible with it, and last but not least enjoy it...

Yah Man
concerned tax payer wrote:
Excuses excuses. It's illegal and should REMAIN illegal. NO MATTER WHAT. Find a "legal" way to control and deal with your pain. Marijuana should remain an ILLEGAL substance...PERIOD!!
waiting for a cure

Freeport, NY

#6 Jun 14, 2007
Sure, would you rather pay for my disability benefits when I am in too much pain to work from MS and Fibromyalgia? The OTC stuff has worn out its usefulness. And I deserve a life, as many others do-- I am only 40 and have exhausted all other natural painkillers.
It is OK for some other states and Canada--?
Gregg in Denver

Denver, CO

#7 Jun 14, 2007
Progress is being made across the country. Time to get rid of this ridiculous ban.
dr J

Kings Park, NY

#8 Jun 14, 2007
I think the 'war on drugs' is a laugh-decriminalize most 'controlled' substances(bankrupting S. America in the process), and medically monitor/rehab users/addicts. Never will happen because of the $$ trail a sit exists now. All this and I'm a republican-so there.
brando

Brooklyn, NY

#9 Jun 14, 2007
legalize it
brando

Brooklyn, NY

#10 Jun 14, 2007
if speed is legal in wyoming why can't we have med mary-jane here? It dusn't make yuo stoopid seryousli!
Bill

AOL

#11 Jun 14, 2007
this country is pathetic we promote alcohol tobbaco and mind altering drugs like they are the best thing in the world but when it comes to WEED forget it, give me a friggin break then people wonder y we are called hypocrites
Stan Marsh

Rockaway Park, NY

#12 Jun 14, 2007
Why?
concerned Grandma

Long Island City, NY

#13 Jun 14, 2007
We have millions of pot users with addictions to the drug. It robs kids of their ambition and drive. Why do we need more drugs to get into the wrong hands? It's only the user that wants it legalized. There's lots of painkillers to prescribe & control.Lets leave MJ illegal!!
Stan Marsh

Rockaway Park, NY

#14 Jun 14, 2007
Concerned Smoker wrote:
...Legalize it, smoke it, be responsible with it, and last but not least enjoy it...
Yah Man
<quoted text>
Amen!!!
DED

AOL

#15 Jun 14, 2007
Most legal medications have side effects many of them serious. MJ does not have many, and usually are not serious or life threatening. Under the right conditions MJ is a much safer medication for certain conditions.
DED

AOL

#16 Jun 14, 2007
I almost died a few years ago from a prescribed medication. MJ would have relieved my symtons just as well without putting my life in jeapordy.
kmaps

Huntington Station, NY

#17 Jun 14, 2007
Sure. The "war on drugs" is pathetic. The demonization of marijuana is socialized into us, while alcohol is considered acceptable yet is a prime cause of fights, domestic abuse, etc. Legalize it, remove the taboo to try it, eradicate the black market that making it illegal creates and you remove the profit motive for the ne'er do wells. If you want to use it in your own home fine. Stop cloggin our prisons and law enforcement with "pot heads" and why not start going after the real criminals like terrorists, rapists, murderers, and pedophiles. Thank you. If you wanted to take a playbook out of the far more tolerant and progressive Dutch, you would make Governor's Island in New Amsterdam a "red light" district.
BusinessToker

Milford, CT

#18 Jun 14, 2007
This bill needs to pass.
BusinessToker

Milford, CT

#19 Jun 14, 2007
And I assume you have no problem with doctors giving people in the hospital forms of heroin for pain relief, cause that is legal.
knucklehead

Denver, CO

#20 Jun 14, 2007
Bill wrote:
this country is pathetic we promote alcohol tobbaco and mind altering drugs like they are the best thing in the world but when it comes to WEED forget it, give me a friggin break then people wonder y we are called hypocrites
Who promotes alcohol and tobacco ? The corporations that produce it and gain to profit from it and the estimates for what it costs us, the taxpayer, are astronomical. Marijuana would be even worse. It is the gateway drug for cocaine, heroine, meth, etc.... As many of have said, alcohol and tobacco cause deaths and suffering. Why add another drug available to everyone. Most people are law abiding and do not use marijuana because it is illegal; keep it that way.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Queens man shot by friend in gang shootout dies 20 hr reality is a crutch 1
Morelle is 3rd candidate to drop bid for NY Ass... Fri call me a cynic 1
An Evening with Kal Penn at Adelphi University Jan 29 Adelphi University 1
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Jan 28 Sandy L 19
Cuomo, de Blasio, defend strict NYC storm regul... Jan 28 Community Disorga... 2
Two shot in head after fight breaks out in Quee... Jan 27 Holotta Wytrache 3
Suspect in New York quadruple shooting found de... Jan 27 reality is a crutch 1

Winter Storm Warning for Nassau County was issued at February 01 at 4:01PM EST

Cedarhurst News Video

Cedarhurst Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

Cedarhurst People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News