Nassau legislators sworn in

Nassau legislators sworn in

There are 14 comments on the Newsday story from Jan 2, 2008, titled Nassau legislators sworn in. In it, Newsday reports that:

Members of the sharply divided Nassau County Legislature were sworn in for a new term Wednesday in a ceremony flecked with multi-cultural and religious overtones and the iffy promise of political politeness for ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

Nassau County Civic Assoc

Metuchen, NJ

#1 Jan 2, 2008
This report illustrates the story of an absurd cast of characters who claim to represent Nassau residents. It seems that they represent the finest circus Nassau has ever known. How can it not be complete with a guest appearance by the greatest performer of all time, Jesse Jackson. George Orwell would be proud.
outraged

AOL

#2 Jan 2, 2008
Hey Civic -- it seems all you ever do is whine and complain - why don't you propose some constructive and realistic recommendations for a change? No wonder the politicos get away with so much s***! Try offering some refreshing and realistic recommendations instead of the endless insults and finger-pointing and b***ing. We have enough of that already in Nassau govt, and you're just adding more of the same.
Andrew

Croton On Hudson, NY

#3 Jan 3, 2008
...The Nassau County Civic Association comment hit the nail right on its head...indeed absurd!!!
To Funnt

West Nyack, NY

#4 Jan 3, 2008
All that was missing at the ritual was Bozo the Clown a femonist lesbian and a nun. What they had was the liberal casting call of your stereotypical politicly correct casts of character. It reads like a joke and the punchline was Jessie Jackson. I laughed when I read the line about a priest, rabbi, muslum cleric. All that was missing was the notion that they were on a plane. Classic liberal poo poo. They probably served tuna sandwiches and grape koolaid.
Ty Randt

Bronx, NY

#5 Jan 3, 2008
Nassau County Civic Assoc wrote:
George Orwell would be proud.
One of the best comments ever posted - well done.
Ty Randt

Bronx, NY

#6 Jan 3, 2008
To Funnt wrote:
All that was missing at the ritual was Bozo the Clown a femonist lesbian and a nun. What they had was the liberal casting call of your stereotypical politicly correct casts of character. It reads like a joke and the punchline was Jessie Jackson. I laughed when I read the line about a priest, rabbi, muslum cleric. All that was missing was the notion that they were on a plane. Classic liberal poo poo. They probably served tuna sandwiches and grape koolaid.
Following closely behind in place ...
Edmundo

Dover, NJ

#7 Jan 3, 2008
To Nassau County Civic Association, you are not civic, doubt if you're even organized to call yourselves and association, you do not represent the voice of civility of Nassau County, which makes me wonder and ponder "what is it that you really do" besides posting useless comments? Oh, I get it you also have buffoons agreeing with your non-sense. I am happy, glad and relief, that Abrahams is now in a better position to possibly do more for Hempstead.
MRS FEDUP

AOL

#8 Jan 3, 2008
It's a pity that so many Nassau residents believe that these Politicians (including the Legislators) are really working for the good of the people.. Perhaps a few of them are, but for the most part, they are working for the handouts that go into their pockets..South Seaford should look at one of their own who for many years held his hand out. For $$, he could and would perform miracles and not for the good of the local taxpayers. Sad, isn't it ??
Question

AOL

#9 Jan 3, 2008
What new legislation has been implimented in the past 2 years?
Nassau County Civic Assoc

Metuchen, NJ

#10 Jan 3, 2008
outraged wrote:
Hey Civic -- it seems all you ever do is whine and complain - why don't you propose some constructive and realistic recommendations for a change? No wonder the politicos get away with so much s***! Try offering some refreshing and realistic recommendations instead of the endless insults and finger-pointing and b***ing. We have enough of that already in Nassau govt, and you're just adding more of the same.
Outraged:

While many of our comments are judicious and measured, this circus like event required a strong response. As to making realistic recommendations, please visit our website for more information.

“Rhetoric is a poor substitute for action, and we have trusted only to rhetoric. If we are really to be a great nation, we must not merely talk; we must act big.” Teddy Roosevelt

One simple suggestion; the Nassau County Legislature should focus on the number one issue facing taxpayers; the high burden of taxation. Just ask your fellow Nassau County taxpayers.

www.nassaucivic.com
Nassau County Civic Assoc

Metuchen, NJ

#11 Jan 3, 2008
Edmundo wrote:
To Nassau County Civic Association, you are not civic, doubt if you're even organized to call yourselves and association, you do not represent the voice of civility of Nassau County, which makes me wonder and ponder "what is it that you really do" besides posting useless comments? Oh, I get it you also have buffoons agreeing with your non-sense. I am happy, glad and relief, that Abrahams is now in a better position to possibly do more for Hempstead.
We are incorporated as a 501(C)4 which can be verified via the Secretary of State's website.

Please visit the website for more information. If you still believe that we are "useless", it may be due to your ideological views.

www.nassaucivic.com
hoseb

New York, NY

#12 Jan 3, 2008
Edmundo wrote:
To Nassau County Civic Association, you are not civic, doubt if you're even organized to call yourselves and association, you do not represent the voice of civility of Nassau County, which makes me wonder and ponder "what is it that you really do" besides posting useless comments? Oh, I get it you also have buffoons agreeing with your non-sense. I am happy, glad and relief, that Abrahams is now in a better position to possibly do more for Hempstead.
What, do you support the "Racists" Rev. Jesse Jackson? Why yes you do.
I know you are Kevan Abrahams aid or chief of staff, P R I C K!!!!!!!!!!
stop dilly dallying

AOL

#13 Jan 3, 2008
ok so now that they are sworn in lets get to work on giving the Correction Officers a contract. It's been 1,097 days without one.
hoseb

United States

#14 Jan 4, 2008
stop dilly dallying wrote:
ok so now that they are sworn in lets get to work on giving the Correction Officers a contract. It's been 1,097 days without one.
Let's not forget getting rid of the Illegal Aliens in Nassau County and cutting the taxes for the Legal Residents of Nassau County.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: iLoveKickboxing Fresh Meadows 8 hr Kenihak Tavarez 1
Letterman - Leno Jailed Cloak Robbed Wal Marts ... Apr 16 Homeboy 1
Letterman - Leno Jailed Cloak Robbed Wal Marts ... Apr 16 Homeboy 1
News Inside New York's silent sex trafficking epidemic Apr 16 William Jefferson... 1
News Minority student at Stuyvesant aims to fight fo... Apr 15 Paul 2
Review: Long Island Beauty Center By Rodolfo Va... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hair Colorist Lon... 1
News Sandy Victims Facing Hurdles Claiming Insurance... (Jan '13) Feb '13 Denise b 4

Cedarhurst Jobs

Personal Finance

Cedarhurst Mortgages