Cedarhurst blaze kills couple

Cedarhurst blaze kills couple

There are 7 comments on the Newsday story from May 12, 2007, titled Cedarhurst blaze kills couple. In it, Newsday reports that:

An early morning fire Saturday claimed the lives of a Cedarhurst couple whose home was cluttered "from floor to ceiling" with piles of old newspapers, magazines, clothes and other debris, authorities and ...

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

“NO AMNESTY!!!!”

Since: Jan 07

Elizabeth, NJ

#1 May 12, 2007
What a sad story. Can't understand why family members didn't get involved helping their folks who obviously weren't "all there".

Wonder why this article mentions:"firefighter Edward Koehler, a former Cedarhurst fire chief." Gives the impression he was "demoted"! Even if he was, why bring it up.
Curious reader

Hilo, HI

#2 May 13, 2007
Why does this story mention "tightknit Jewish neighborhood"? Why does the religion enter the story at all? Does it matter? Does it affect the outcome?
NY ny

Howell, NJ

#3 May 13, 2007
i think its obnoxious to call someone else's home an eyesore. Who do you ppl think you are to go ahead and say that. you should be ashamed
Murray Lantner

Red Bank, NJ

#4 May 14, 2007
Your article does not do justice to the Fleischmann family. Linda and Robert Fleischmann, may they rest in peace, were the proud parents of 4 wonderful children, one of which I've known for over two decades. Linda, an Iraqi Jew, was anything but reclusive, as your May 12th, article indicates but a vibrant, outgoing, talkative, and quite personable person. Her husband while much less talkative was always present at family functions, events, etc. Yes its true that Robert was a hoarder and saver, but this can not be the epitaph of this couple. These were wonderful people, that had much to live for and to celebrate, including the upcoming wedding of their youngest daughter this year, and they will be missed at all of these events. When reporting the news it is important to report the facts, but to also do it with compassion for the family and to include the positive attributes of this proud couple.
Sincerely,
Murray Lantner
Brooklyn NY
Dmmd

Washington, DC

#5 May 15, 2007
My condolences to the family of Mr. and Mrs. Fleischmann. I did not know Mr. Fleischmann well, but did know Mrs. Fleischmann as family has owned the house next door since before the Fleishmanns moved in. Mrs. Fleischmann was a wonderful person who was kind enough to come to both of my grandparents' wakes.
susie

Flushing, NY

#6 May 18, 2007
you go MURMAN!!!!
natan hoffmann

Freeport, NY

#7 May 25, 2007
THE WOMAN WHO WAS KILLED IN THE FIRE WAS MY OWN BABY SITTER for 10+ years! SHE WAS VERY DEDICATED, VERY SWEET, AND VERY LOVING. IT RELLY IS A BIG TRADGEDY. MAY SHE AND HER HUSBAND REST IN PEACE.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarhurst Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News 'Sick' Anthony Weiner Weeps While Pleading Guil... Wed DT made Un blink 34
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Bayside (Dec '13) Aug 15 Mishkadoe21 66
Review: I Love Kickboxing - Carle Place (Nov '13) Aug 10 Christine 26
Review: Food Stamp Office (Sep '08) Aug 8 Sammy 28
News Police arrest bare-chested perv accused of grop... Aug 7 Minni Appolis Apollo 3
News Aging New York Immigrants Confront Shortage of ... Aug 5 USA 7
Review: Long Island Beauty Center By Rodolfo Va... (Feb '13) Feb '13 Hair Colorist Lon... 1

Cedarhurst Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarhurst Mortgages