Town of Cedarburg to Take Legal Acti...

Town of Cedarburg to Take Legal Action against Resident

Posted in the Cedarburg Forum

Town of Cedarburg

Racine, WI

#1 Sep 30, 2011
In the small Town of Cedarburg Wisconsin one family has been notified they are about to be sued by the Town. On Sept 7th 2011 the Town of Cedarburg Town Board held a closed meeting to discuss whether to take legal action against Clayton Warichak a Town resident. The town board called Mr. Warichak to the meeting to discuss dog training held at the Warichak farm in Cedarburg. Warichak was not allowed to speak at the closed meeting and residents of the Town were told to leave before the meeting started. Clayton Warichak is a German Shepherd breeder for over 20 years. As a part of responsible dog breeding Mr. Warichak believes that breeders should make themselves available for all puppy buyers. Mr. Warichak offers free Schutzhund dog training to every person who buys a dog from him. On Saturdays from 11am-3pm the Warichak family has about ten dogs and families over for a pot luck barbeque. The Warichak family offers training advice and dogs are able to train for obedience and Schutzhund on their 12 acre farm. The training area is set in an open field surrounded by wooded conservation lands. The Town constable contacted Mr Warichak regarding mostly anonymous complaints of dogs barking. The Ozaukee County Sheriff also received an anonymous complaint early this summer. The SheriffÂ’s department did respond to the complaint and watched the dog training for about one hour. No citations or warning were issued. On August 1st the Warichak family did decide to take action regarding the noise complaint by having loud or barking dogs muzzled. Although the noise complaint has been resolved the Town Board did make a Closed Meeting decision to take legal action against Clayton Warichak stating that organized dog training is not allowed in a residential area. The Town of Cedarburg currently does not have a law to restrict dog training.
Dog Lover

Milwaukee, WI

#2 Sep 30, 2011
What is wrong with the town of cedarburg? Dog training is completly LEGAL!! People with dogs gathering for barbeques is also legal!! I thought cedarburg was a family friendly place. I will remember this article before spending my money at future Cedarburg events.
Terri

Milwaukee, WI

#3 Oct 2, 2011
hogwash. Our breeder invited past puppy buyers to her trainers (herding) farm for a potluck and herding instinct testing day. There will be alot of GSD there. I'm interested in how this town/township/board thinks they can press charges against someone for something that has no ordinance or law made to regulate it - dog training on someone's private property????

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedarburg Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Review: Cabinet Mania of Milwaukee, Wisconsin Sun mariab51678 4
Enabler Hillary Jun 24 Go Blue Forever 4
Hillary Donors Arrested! ! ! Jun 24 Go Blue Forever 3
News Attorney General takes heat for missing Milwauk... Jun 21 Carrie 1
News Milwaukee Rising: Looking for the city's most u... Jun 20 Tom 2
News 3 teens arrested after car break-ins, shots fir... Jun 13 Geovani 2
News Concerns rising about untreated depression in n... Feb '16 HumanSpirit 4
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Cedarburg Mortgages