Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Judged:

It is wonderful when a new business can start in a small community,Like a store carrying groceries, or a restaurant,serving food, but when a business tries to do all these things to the point it closes what business we do have, well hopefully your not depending on the loyalty of this community because you will be disappointed. If and when Hilltop closes there will be all kinds of comments,but the bottom line however good or bad the hilltop stayed with CV through good and bad,the same can not be said for the people of this community,bottom line to the grocery store you may think you've got something but,don't depend on it.
Flower

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 10, 2010

Judged:

With an attitude like that, we all could care less about opinions like yours. You know what, if the Restaurant can only survive if its the only one, we don't need it. Why do you think that a grocery store will shut down the Hilltop, that Hilltop has had problems before the new grocery store was even a thought. I personally think the food isn't up to par at that restaurant, they need to get a real cook in there and maybe they will come. When it first opened the food was outstanding but after a while they started using inferior products, and stuck anyone they could find cooking. Its just like the Short Stop, it needs some competition when we have to pay over 5 dollars for a gallon of milk how do you expect us to have the extra money to eat out at the Hilltop, and then the owner going down there and bitching out the grocery store owner for selling pizza, and chicken wings, etc. because she does. This is America, anyone should be able to open a new business and not be harrassed by the competition. When a service is monopolized by one company, they can charge whatever they want. With a little competition the prises are better for everyone and that includes those businesses, their customers will have more money to spend.
just thinkin

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Flower with your attitude which sucks by the way, and I don't think you've ever written anything yet that was right,and being the blooming idiot that you are,what business have you ever been in standing up!
ps.. how about that room we hung around in and the things we done upstairs.
Flower

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Ha Ha Ha! Your so funny, you wish.
just thinkin

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 11, 2010

Judged:

Wish or know hmmmmmmmm
Flower Power

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 12, 2010

Judged:

Hill Top food is great....If you like diarrhea.
oooh

Welch, OK

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 17, 2010

Judged:

Yes I do agree that the Hilltop needs a good cook. They have one but she can't do it all. Jim needs to clean house, and get rid of almost everyone. He can keep one cook and one waitress. The rest of them is what keeps everyone out of there. The wait staff has a tendency to be Lazy and stupid. I guess if they could get most of them off drugs they could do a better job. I know for a fact that someone competent and quite capable of doing the job had applied. Was told they didn't need help. o.k. As far as the grocery store goes. I think it is great for Cedar Vale. CV has needed one for a long time. Way to go!!
facetious

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Judged:

Mr Ferguson just put up a new sign 'We have the right to refuse service to anyone period' He forgot to mention that the only people he refuses service to are the zombies on drugs that walk the streets. If you need someone to help you read a label or find something you have no need to be in there cause he runs a business and has no reason to babysit the customers. He did a fine job telling off the young lady about it yesterday. Those people have no right being in this town. Does this include the elderly who have trouble seeing or hearing due to thier age? Of course it does, they should be in nursing homes. What about people who have to take drugs for for things like depression or anxiety? Well yea after all they should be in an 1800's type mental institute. Physical abnormalities need to or ailments...keep them in the cellar away from us perfect people cause we don't need them to breed. Even the ones who are mentally ill due to the actions of thier parents should be shot at dawn. After all, just because it was started during thier infancy it doesn't mean they should be treated like we would treat our own family members or friends had they been put in the same situations.
And how dare the vets come back to this country all drugged up and walk the streets a free person!!
Keep up the good work Don!! This needs to be an aryan nation and no one has the right to exist if they are different!!
molly crossland

Clearwater, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 17, 2011

Judged:

Is that what the sign in the window meant? I am really disappointment I really hoped that the bigotry and discrimination against the mentally challenged who are just trying to exist, would not be tolerated in Cedar Vale, oh well, if you knew these people it would surprise you, and yes there are VETS who live at candle rock who served to make our country what it is today! Take a look next door at the park!you do have the right to refuse service , I'm glad they didn't give up the right to serve,As far as the other people there, I personally wouldn't want to trade places with them but at least I try to make it better And really they have made me better by knowing them, they don"t see hate and bigotry, they deserve the same rights as everyone else. Get to know the people in your community who are part of the commerce and not just another empty building.We are here to promote business not to tear it down.
oops

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Great job Mollie, maybe you should be admitted as one of them.
Debby Ferguson

Clearwater, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

HELLO!!!!! Well, I can't let this go with my husband being called a BIGOT!!!??? REALLY? How dare you 2 above calling hiim names and stating that he doesn't respect the Veterans down there!! Hello, our SON is a VETERAN!!! So that is the farthest thing from the TRUTH!! He is NOT SINGLING people out. You both need to get your FACTS straight!! Don has asked on NUMEROUS occasions for several of the young people that come in from Candle Rock to be assisted by an employee from there! That is not being done at all. So.....GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! I won't go into why Don has asked for an employee to accompany some of these folks. That's between Don and Mr. Hayes. This sign has NOTHING to do with "people being drugged up and staggering around", your words not ours. It appears to me that if you people have issues with Don that maybe you should just go talk to Don @ the store and get this worked out instead of one of you not OWNING your post with your name. I would call that cowardly. Not being a BIGOT!! Do you even know Don as a person? Really? He's the farthest thing from a bigot that I know. There is no mention by Don or that sign about going back to the 1800's....we respect our Veterans.....every single one of them....do you? By posting what you all posted, this just causes more strife and hate in this town. It doesn't need this, the town and the people that live here. Ferguson's Market appreciates all business from all of it's supporters, large or small. Hello people....we are here and we are NOT going anywhere....even with help like yours!!!! Let's get off our horses and try to be kind to each other and respect each other in the best way that we can.....EVERY DAY!!! May peace be with you both and we send our blessings to each of you as well.

Debby Ferguson
Reality- I live on Earth

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Little communities take up for each other and that is what"Mollie" is doing.It does not matter if people are mentally retarded, trouble makers, fat, ugly, deformed, skinny,men, or women they should be treated equally and that is what she is saying, if business owners can not treat their consumers equally than chances are they are in the wrong field of business and need to stay in their house because they will not make it in reality.
Reality- I live on Earth

Wichita, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Just so everyone knows ONLY GOD CAN JUDGE US so we have no buisness refusing anything to anybody!
Debby Ferguson

Clearwater, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Judged:

Like I said above, YOU ALL NEED TO GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! You don't know what you are talking about and were you there when the confrontation happened, none of you were, so like I said, you should go to the store in PERSON and talk to Don about this. WE ARE NOT JUDGING!!!! So again, GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT.......talk to Don in person and get all the information from the person who posted the sign.........GOOD GRIEF!!!!
Debby Ferguson

Clearwater, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 18, 2011

Oh...and by the way.....I put my name on my posts so nobody has to GUESS who I am......you should try doing the same!!! Mollie owns her commments, can't say that for the rest of you......just sayin'.
pay attention Debby

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Judged:

Debby Ferguson wrote:
HELLO!!!!! Well, I can't let this go with my husband being called a BIGOT!!!??? REALLY? How dare you 2 above calling hiim names and stating that he doesn't respect the Veterans down there!! Hello, our SON is a VETERAN!!! So that is the farthest thing from the TRUTH!! He is NOT SINGLING people out. You both need to get your FACTS straight!! Don has asked on NUMEROUS occasions for several of the young people that come in from Candle Rock to be assisted by an employee from there! That is not being done at all. So.....GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!!! I won't go into why Don has asked for an employee to accompany some of these folks. That's between Don and Mr. Hayes. This sign has NOTHING to do with "people being drugged up and staggering around", your words not ours. It appears to me that if you people have issues with Don that maybe you should just go talk to Don @ the store and get this worked out instead of one of you not OWNING your post with your name. I would call that cowardly. Not being a BIGOT!! Do you even know Don as a person? Really? He's the farthest thing from a bigot that I know. There is no mention by Don or that sign about going back to the 1800's....we respect our Veterans.....every single one of them....do you? By posting what you all posted, this just causes more strife and hate in this town. It doesn't need this, the town and the people that live here. Ferguson's Market appreciates all business from all of it's supporters, large or small. Hello people....we are here and we are NOT going anywhere....even with help like yours!!!! Let's get off our horses and try to be kind to each other and respect each other in the best way that we can.....EVERY DAY!!! May peace be with you both and we send our blessings to each of you as well.
Debby Ferguson
His exact words were "they are ALL just zombies walking the streets on drugs" and it was deliberately said very loud as he looked around to see who was listening while the young lady kept her voice at an even level. He also stated that since the young man in question couldn't read then he was just a pest and didn't need to be in there. He also stated, and I quote, "those people don't need to be in this town" I suspect it was her intention to keep it between the 2 of them but he wanted to make sure he was heard and kept looking around to make sure he was.
Nobody asked you to go anywhere so that is guilt complex of your own. The Candlerock is also a business, one that pays a lot of taxes and utilities for that town. It is the town that is trying to drive the owner of Candlerock out including your husband. He was/is the one being disrespectful and sitting on a high horse.
And out of the 5 people from this town that were hired at Candlerock, 2 of them were there merely to steal drugs from the residents. Not a good record.
The sign was put there the SAME day as he so proudly told off the young lady. Coincidence? I think not.
The facility is not a lock down or jail and the vets are on as many script drugs as any of the others and there are reasons for that.
As far as my name...why do you care, so you can kick me out as well?
Grocery store, gas station and pharmacy...that's all there is to truly keep the town from being a ghost town. And the pharmacy makes a lot of money from the residents.
He showed complete disrespect for everyone there as human beings with his statements, vets included. He was the coward by looking around waiting for someone else to jump in and back him up.
He made it a public issue by making sure he was heard by the customers.
Obviously you were not there since you can't get his words straight, so don't pretend you know what happened, cause you can't even quote what was actually written here correctly. And it was HIS words, NOT MINE. Get your own facts straight, he made sure there were witnesses to what he said.
pay attention Debby

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Also those of whom that have caused any real trouble are not allowed back in the store by MUTUAL AGREEMENT, now Don is trying to come up with petty excuses to kick them ALL out whether he realizes they are a vet or not. Most of the vets do not announce they are vets when they walk in the door. And what about the troubmakers in the apartments right next door to the Candlerock? All they do is drink and break bottles in the parking area in front of the Candlerock. One even broke thier sign. That is deliberate vandelism. And then the ones who knew what to find and where at the pharmecy break in? Major theft problem!!
Take a look in your own backyards and clean them up before you judge anyone else.
One troubled young person does not the facility make. None of the other 3 have done anything to deserve to be lumped into the problem status.
Don Ferguson

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Judged:

Ok said I would not respond to this sight but here I am. Here are the issues at hand. On several occasions I have had people from candle rock that have shop lifted from my store. I did catch one person and she was prosecuted. I also asked her not to come back into my store.
Second issue another person from candle rock bought bleach and rubbing alcohol from me and then
pured it all over both restrooms destroying merchandise valed at around $50.00.
I talked to Sarah and asked that he not come back into my store without supervision.
The young man who came in on Saturday asked to buy alcohol. I called and talked to Sarah at candle rock to get permission and she told me to tell him no. The reason that I called was to make sure the fellow that damaged merchandise was not asking for this young man to purchase rubbing alcohol for him. Sarah sent Bert up to explain to me that the young man could have the rubbing alcohol after He had already been asked to leave without purchasing.
As far as the conservation that I had with Bert, I agree with the last person to comment. I should not have talked so loudly or got so upset.
I have talked to Sarah since then and we have worked our issues out.
To explain further my profit levels are extremely low and my store is barley a year old. Any expenses such as shop lifting or damages done to my
store that I can not or do not recover hurt my bottom line. I struggle every day just to stay open.
The folks from candle rock are still shopping here and I still do business with Johnny Hayes.
If I upset this person I do apologize for that, sometimes frustraion beings out the worst in people.
quess what

Burden, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 19, 2011

Judged:

When the owner of candlerock came to town and talked to the city for help, he promised many jobs and would be an asset to the community. So far this has not happened. The city will servive with or wothout him.
GUESS WHAT

Independence, KS

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Apr 20, 2011

quess what wrote:
When the owner of candlerock came to town and talked to the city for help, he promised many jobs and would be an asset to the community. So far this has not happened. The city will servive with or wothout him.
If you had paid attention you would have seen the part about about how 2 that had been hired from the town had only been there to steal drugs. The residents whose drugs were stolen had to account for those drugs and it causes SRS and Wichita/Topeka to come in and investigate the employees. Better to bring in people Mr. Hayes can trust.
His asset is the taxes and the utilities he pays. Can YOU replace that if the facility leaves town? Cedar Vale isn't exactly a tourist town. Yes it's very pretty, but kids can play in the middle of Main St. with no fear of traffic. But most people go to Arc City or Sedan for the main stream shopping. The grocery store works fine for quick trips, but like any other small town grocery, it's more expensive than say Walmart or Dollar General. Hilltop is the ONLY true restaurant in town. Then the gas station which aint cheap but convenient. Not saying anything bad about these places, just the facts as they are.
When you can singlehandedly find trustworthy help (that isn't asking $10 to $15 an hour to do little more than clean) and you can replace the the money to the town that it would lose, than you can be a whiney baby.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent Cedar Vale Discussions

Search the Cedar Vale Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KS Kansas Right to Bear Arms Question, Constitutio... (Oct '10) 18 hr wally515 5,962
KS Who do you favor in the Kansas governor's race? Jul 26 what 140
wonderful mother Jul 26 Donttalkaboutmyfamily 9
Bucks bbq Jul 26 Seriously 7
Markle Running For District Judge , Yeah Right Jul 24 butterfly 8
Boycott Mexico and Mexicans Jul 23 Eagle 10
CQ county fair Jul 22 Duh 5
•••
•••
•••
•••

Cedar Vale Jobs

•••