End the Drug War in Cedar Rapids
Posted in the Cedar Rapids Forum
Since: Jul 12
#1 Jul 17, 2012
The Chicago City Council recently voted 43 - 3 (not exactly a partisan issue, is it?) to start ticketing marijuana 'offenses' rather than arresting 'offenders.'
Let's get Cedar Rapids to do the same thing, so marijuana users will no longer:
1) lose their drivers license (everyone),
2) lose their jobs (my own son, who NEVER smoked pot before or at work),
3) lose their college scholarships (it's the law! really!),
4) lose their children (that's right - a couple across the street from me lost their child for a few days after the police, showing up (uninvited) with the ambulance, for a completely unrelated medical emergency, found a very small amount of marijuana in their apartment), and
5) lose their money (CR police routinely confiscate all the cash in your pocket after a marijuana arrest, and good luck ever getting any of it back)
No more Cedar Rapids Drug War!
Add your comments below
|Contract worker dies in accident at Cedar Rapid... (Jul '12)||Aug '17||Josh||4|
|President Trump revels in GOP's success: 'Peopl...||Jul '17||Retribution||46|
|Is it illegal for a 16 year old to be dating a ...||Jun '17||Deerhntr12||2|
|Get Pain Meds and others||Jun '17||Hilta||1|
|Nicholas Darnell Cannon died Sept29 (Oct '16)||Jun '17||MyThreeSons7||13|
|The Jerry Shey Family||May '17||Tim Shey||1|
|Brian Oldham (Nov '10)||May '17||Person||16|
Find what you want!
Search Cedar Rapids Forum Now
Copyright © 2017 Topix LLC