Nick Peterson
Ms Wondering

Osceola, IN

#1 Nov 9, 2009
Does any know how Nick Peterson died? his Obit says "accidental injury?.
Mr Wondering Too

Burlington, IA

#2 Nov 10, 2009
I don't know the whole story or if it's true, but I was told he stabbed himself while getting a ticket. I'm not sure on this though.
Ms Wondering

Osceola, IN

#3 Nov 11, 2009
you really heard this or are you kidding?
Curious

United States

#4 Dec 6, 2009
Ms Wondering wrote:
Does any know how Nick Peterson died? his Obit says "accidental injury?.
Did you ever find out what happened?
MsWondering

Osceola, IN

#5 Dec 7, 2009
Curious wrote:
<quoted text>
Did you ever find out what happened?
I never did. The family wants to keep it a secret.
I do not understand why it is a secret.
I hope someone who reads this and knows will tell us
TheTruth

Millsboro, DE

#6 Jan 31, 2010
There's no need to get into details. Nick committed suicide. He suffered from depression and other psychological disorders his whole life.
Obviously, his family doesn't want to discuss it because it's painful to talk about. Everyone who was close to Nick knew how he felt about death, and I think we all feel a bit guilty that we didn't see this coming.

I understand the curiosity, but really... it's a bit disrespectful to be digging for the details. I actually had a woman come up to me at the wake (not knowing who I was or my relationship to Nick) and start going on and on about "How did he die?" I had to leave because I couldn't stop crying...

He died from blood excessive blood loss/trauma, as stated on his carepage. That's all anyone should need or want to know.
Ms Wondering

Osceola, IN

#7 Feb 1, 2010
Nick has a lot of friends that also needed closer to his death. To say accidental injury, when we know it was not true? Does his family think that his friends would judge him because he committed suicide? A lot of his friends knew and spoke with him about is disorders as Nick was not shy about it.
So The Truth, it was not about curiosity, it was about closer and that is not being disrescptful. Just so you know the family secret is not a secret because someone came back from his wake and told the story.
I spent alot the the Friday before he died with him and I also feel guilt that maybe he was sending me signs that I did not catch......
My post asked how he died, it DID NOT ask that someone gives me every detail from A-Z.
I guess we can agree to disagree.
Curious

United States

#8 Feb 5, 2010
TheTruth wrote:
There's no need to get into details. Nick committed suicide. He suffered from depression and other psychological disorders his whole life.
Obviously, his family doesn't want to discuss it because it's painful to talk about. Everyone who was close to Nick knew how he felt about death, and I think we all feel a bit guilty that we didn't see this coming.
I understand the curiosity, but really... it's a bit disrespectful to be digging for the details. I actually had a woman come up to me at the wake (not knowing who I was or my relationship to Nick) and start going on and on about "How did he die?" I had to leave because I couldn't stop crying...
He died from blood excessive blood loss/trauma, as stated on his carepage. That's all anyone should need or want to know.
To TheTruth:
You are right. I apologize if you were in any way hurt or offended and please know that I mean this with the deepest sincerity. It just seemed that he had such a loving family and was so devastating but still that is not a reason to be "fishing" for details. I know for me it strikes such a personal chord having lost relatives due to tragedy and also to suicide and if it were me I would not want people searching on here. It is hard enough to say good-bye. My deepest sympathies to you and I hope that you will forgive my intrusiveness. He seemed like an incredibly wonderful human being and I am so very sorry for your loss. God Bless You!
Nicks Mom

Springfield, MO

#9 Apr 30, 2010
When I wrote "accidental injury", I really meant to say "serious injury". At the time of writing the obit we didn't have all of the details of the night to make a accurate conclusion. I apologize,I got caught up in other details and didn't get it changed.I'm not trying to keep a secret or hide anything, But to the people who didn't really know Nick, I just didn't want to word it in a way that sounded bad, when we didn't have all of the facts!. To all who really want to know what happened that night,the TRUTH is we'll never really know this side of Heaven. Even the people who were with him that day and night are not sure what happened. Yes he had a pocket knife, yes he had an altercation with a police officer and yes he ended up stabbing himself, which in turn cause a stroke from extreme blood loss. Those that know him well do not believe he was trying to kill himself that night, but did injure himself in a way that ended fatally. In defense of all who would ask probing questions, when ever a young person dies we all want to know the cause. That's not a bad thing just human nature. I am not offend when someone asks but it is not an easy answer to share because it is not as simple as he killed himself. He was not depressed and miserable, he didn't hate his life and wasn't just looking for a way out. He loved his job, his friends and his family. But he is gone and its nobody's fault, there is nothing anyone could have done. Nick was Nick and it was a "Nick thing" and only those of us who knew and loved him most will ever understand that.
An ex family member aka R

United States

#10 Jul 9, 2010
Hello A & J(aka Nicks Mom & Dad)

I can only say how sorry I am you lost your son and this blog is sick. A young man is lost and everyone thinks they have a right to say and "know" what this young man was going through and not liking the wording of the obit. A - you owe nobody an apology for the wording of the obit -they are nothing but thrill seekers and are not friends of Nicholas.

As you always told me, God Bless you and your family. I am sorry for your loss.

R (the other Nick's Mom)
An ex family member aka R

United States

#11 Jul 9, 2010
By the way Ms Wondering
Closure is spelled that way not "closer". Go back to school.
Just me

Muscatine, IA

#12 Sep 22, 2010
I don't think people are trying to pry. I think they think of Nick being a wonderful person and it was shocking when he was one day gone. I agree that people needed to know for closure.... what in the world could have happen to such a wonderful spirit. Nick's MoM: You are a very wonderful and caring person. It was such a loving gesture to his friend for you to give them some peace. God Bless your heart!
"An ex family member" you seem a little bitter and could stand to take a few lessons in love, kindness and understanding from Nicks mother. God bless you too!
Patrick McKenna

New Zealand

#13 Aug 12, 2012
Nick Peterson was attacked by a 5 meter White pointer while water skiing with his 3 best friends off a south australian beach.You worst animal nightmares.
The Real Truth

Windsor, CO

#14 Jun 11, 2013
I heard he hung himself from his parents basketball hoop and when they came home, they saw him hanging there dead.
Megan

Cedar Rapids, IA

#15 Jul 5, 2014
rude and immature!

“Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”
&#8213; Eleanor Roosevelt
John316

Cedar Rapids, IA

#16 Jul 5, 2014
There are some many things I want to say but I will keep it real.<3 JESUS LOVES YOU!!<3 And I mean ALL of you!!! No matter how mean your comments are!! Seek Him!! And by Him I am talking about JC :)

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Rapids Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Gay Men in Cedar Rapids May 29 Ol Drippy 6
News Cedar Rapids woman suspected of prostitution; '... (Jun '12) May 29 Ol Drippy 9
My list..... May 17 ItDoesGetBetter 5
News Fiorina: Time to restore possibilities May 9 Holy Silicon Wafer 5
Debate: Gay Marriage - Cedar Rapids, IA (Jul '10) May 8 ben and Thomas 49
Prepare for Hell in May in Cedar Rapids in The ... May 4 Culture Auditor 1
News Ted Cruz aims to be Iowa's Christian candidate Apr '15 Swedenforever 33
More from around the web

Cedar Rapids People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]