Photos of Cedar Grove
Richard Szasz

United States

#1 Feb 20, 2009
Hoping some one can supply some photos of Cedar Grove from around 1950s'. As a child, my parents and sister, we lived on Williams Street on a corner about 2 blocks above Cedar Grove Methodist Church. My Dad and my grandfather help establish and build Cedar Grove Methodist Church. My grandparents Carl Martin and Luvica Martin lived on the far end of Williams Street. I also had a greatgrandfather that lived down on the Kanawha River next to a coal tipple.
Anyone with any information or old photos that they would like to share can contact me via e-mail. E-mail address is: wvmtneer24@hotmail.com.
Look forward to hearing from anyone that lives or used to live in the area.

Regards,
Richard Martin Szasz
Tonya Hull BuCher

Canton, OH

#2 Apr 9, 2009
I lived in cedar grove wv. and wood like to have some old photos to show my kids of 1970 in cedar grove welive in ohio my email is cocacolahotgirl@yahoo.com than you
Richard Szasz

United States

#3 Apr 10, 2009
Where in Cedar Grove did you live? I still have a few relatives that live in the area. My parents, sister and I used to live on Williams Street on a corner block about 2 blocks up from Cedar Grove Methodist Church.
Susan Smith

Englewood, CO

#4 Apr 20, 2009
My family lived there years ago. Most of them now live in the Cleveland, OH area. I would love to see some pictures of that area in the 70's.
Richard Szasz

United States

#5 Apr 21, 2009
Lived on Williams Street, corner block, about three blocks up from Cedar Grove Methodist Church. My Dad and grandfather helped establish and build the church. I still have the church bulletin with dedication services. My dad worked for DuPont, Belle Operations in Belle. I also had a greatgrandfather that lived down on the Kanawha River next to a coal tipple. Spent many a days playing around that area when I was a youngster. My dad was offered a transfer to a new DuPont operations being built here in South Carolina. We left the area around 1951 or 1952. My parents were James G. and Barbara Szasz. My grandparents Were Gaye and Carl Martin. My greatgrandfather was William Sheridan Wolfe. I still do have some realtives living in the area around Cedar Grove. Would love to hear more from you.
Karen

Saint Albans, WV

#6 May 23, 2009
I sent you an email. William is also my great great grandfather. My grandmother, his daughter, Lillian lived beside the church.
fred

Charleston, WV

#7 May 24, 2009
Any relations to john szasz across from dairy queen on 60 cedar grove
Richard Szasz

United States

#8 May 25, 2009
I'm not sure of the area you are talking about, but, yes I am related to John. He is one of my cousins on my Dad's side. I also have another cousin that lives in Elkview, WVa. I stay in regular contact with them often.
Christine Martin

Plymouth, MA

#9 Jul 23, 2009
Are there many Martin's in Cedar Grove. My father, George Martin was from there. He passed away when I was very young. I believe I have a half sister name Pam and a half brother named Steven. Does anyone know of these names?
Christine Martin

Plymouth, MA

#10 Jul 23, 2009
Christine Martin wrote:
Are there many Martin's in Cedar Grove. My father, George Martin was from there. He passed away when I was very young. I believe I have a half sister name Pam and a half brother named Steven. Does anyone know of these names?
please email tabbythesam@verizon.net
Richard Szasz

United States

#11 Jul 24, 2009
Christine, I'm a Martin by birth. Middle name. Named after my grandfather Carl Greene Martin. Yes there were and still are some Martin's in Cedar Grove. There is an elderly woman that still lives there that is the daughter of hers. Her name is Nadine Martin.
Tonya Hull

Canton, OH

#12 Sep 12, 2009
my grand mall live,s cedar Grove and i grow up there her name is Sityjoe canaberry she was marry to green she has 4 kids tow boys two girls Ann Missy Green sun Danny Canberry and Buch Canberry my was Beverley Hull Canberry Danny was my step dad i wood like to see picker from the 70,s and 90, because i live in ohio and my kids wood love to see where i grow up at thank you cocacolahotgirl@yahoo.com
1 post removed
george

Charleston, WV

#14 Jan 25, 2012
if you could make friends with leverne mc combs she has a posts a lot of old pictures on facebook
Statingtheobviou s

Charleston, WV

#15 Jan 25, 2012
There are some very nice pictures of Cedar Grove from various years on Facebook Take back our town: Cedar Grove.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Cedar Grove Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Bingo 3 hr BREANNA 48
Dawn Lanham (Nov '11) 5 hr sheaintkiddin 42
car shot up in Rand? Thu Truth 4
Create your own Forum (Jun '15) Thu Jamie 4,413
overdosed Wed Honestlu 8
buster lanham Feb 20 Retired 2
Cedar grove is a trash dump Feb 17 snob on the nob 5

Cedar Grove Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance